News Forum - Changes to the Thailand Pass, starting tomorrow

Thaiger

38 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Doesn't clear to me.
Sandbox:

3. "Paid SHAExtra+/AQ hotelbooking confirmation for 5 days...
I thought you had to book for day one and day 5, but this reads like booking 5 days.
Lat trip (February) I booked for day 1 and 5. Now 5  days. Have the rules changed or wrong text in this case?

I think the day one and day 5 rule was for Test and go in a previous form. I have never looked at the Sandbox requirements in detail 

Edited by Stevejm

4 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I think many countries discriminate against non vaccinated healthy people. That will disappear over time but for the time being non vaccinated people can expect to have to quarantine. For example Singapore requires 7 days and Malaysia 5 days. 

Well if my friend does have Covid then hopefully easy going and he is well and can then plan a trip here. But still need to see who is officiating and is interpreting and pushing what rules and. Turn left it is this, turn right it is that. Straight ahead it may be a mixture of both. Thanks again. 

14 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well if my friend does have Covid then hopefully easy going and he is well and can then plan a trip here. But still need to see who is officiating and is interpreting and pushing what rules and. Turn left it is this, turn right it is that. Straight ahead it may be a mixture of both. Thanks again. 

No problem. Good luck to your friend. Things might get easier next month 

Edited by Stevejm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

I think the day one and day 5 rule was for Test and go in a previous form. I have never looked at the Sandbox requirements in detail 

Then this is worse than before. Why would I book 5 nights in a hotel when I rent a house. Day 1 was a burden, day 5 I booked a cheap golf hotel a few hundred meters from my house with swimming pool for me alone.

4 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Then this is worse than before. Why would I book 5 nights in a hotel when I rent a house. Day 1 was a burden, day 5 I booked a cheap golf hotel a few hundred meters from my house with swimming pool for me alone.

That’s only for the sandbox entry. Test and Go is only one night.

• Like 1

"Singapore and New Zealand nationals have also been able to use automated immigration clearance facilities when travelling to each other’s countries since Feb 12, 2019." 

So when will the Military Morons figure out to: lets-all-get-along-for the-greater-good-of-everything-and-everyone program?

Never, probably.

6 hours ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

"Singapore and New Zealand nationals have also been able to use automated immigration clearance facilities when travelling to each other’s countries since Feb 12, 2019." 

So when will the Military Morons figure out to: lets-all-get-along-for the-greater-good-of-everything-and-everyone program?

Never, probably.

That was before Covid

Any fellow members are positive about the outcome of coming 22nd April 22? Can we all travel to LOS like we used to? Any thought. I, personally think these are some advanatages/disadvantages:

✅ Antigen test

✅ Arrival card (online) to replace paper card

✅ Vaccinated traveler can enter without restriction

✅ Embrace normalcy.

❎ No need book hotel to quarantine

❎ Testing result can be emailed once is obtained without requirement to self isolate in a hotel

❎ Insurance coverage is a rip off. Should be rid off.

They can put lipstick on a pig, and photoshop it to oblivion. But it's still Thai beaureaucracy, ...and the pig just shit all over the dressing room.

• Angry 1

On 4/19/2022 at 5:50 PM, Stevejm said:

That was before Covid

And it remains in force now; you just do the Covid bullshit at some point in the entry process, so your point being... think before you type?

Edited by Zorba_the_Geek
  • Angry 1

34 minutes ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

And it remains in force now; you just do the Covid bullshit at some point in the entry process, so your point being... think before you 

You were suggesting that you can just walk through automated gates weren’t you? 

Edited by Stevejm

1 hour ago, MonsieurJ said:

Any fellow members are positive about the outcome of coming 22nd April 22? Can we all travel to LOS like we used to? Any thought. I, personally think these are some advanatages/disadvantages:

✅ Antigen test

✅ Arrival card (online) to replace paper card

✅ Vaccinated traveler can enter without restriction

✅ Embrace normalcy.

❎ No need book hotel to quarantine

❎ Testing result can be emailed once is obtained without requirement to self isolate in a hotel

❎ Insurance coverage is a rip off. Should be rid off.

Personally I will take any  reduction in requirements as a positive step

Edited by Stevejm

1 hour ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

They can put lipstick on a pig, and photoshop it to oblivion. But it's still Thai beaureaucracy, ...and the pig just shit all over the dressing room.

If you are going to quote irrelevant expressions try to come up with something original and don’t just copy @Soidog

On 4/20/2022 at 5:20 PM, Stevejm said:

Personally I will take any  reduction in requirements as a positive step

This morning, saw a local news in Malaysia quoted (extracted from the article) and the government has this to say:

"Covid test on foreign arrivals may change from expensive RT-PCR tests to much-cheaper rapid antigen tests as proposed by the tourism sector.

“The CCSA may even stop testing vaccinated people, but this will be considered on Friday,” Supoj added.

The CCSA operation chief said the Test & Go scheme and Thailand Plus registration system cannot be abolished for now but they may be adjusted according to the current system.

“The Thailand Pass registration may be adjusted based on the safety condition to the level that we can accept while making it the most convenient for tourists,” Supoj said."

It is obvious that LOS will maintain what they started until further notice. Well, just keep the fingers ✌ and expect the unexpected. But not too positive on it. Therefore, on Malaysia side, lots of land travellers are either U-turning or cancelling at last minute upon entering because each one must at least fork our more than RM 1000 plus (USD 420+) for such programme😌.

So, I am going to book my tickets after 12am. Should I?

On 4/18/2022 at 6:20 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Have not kept up to speed. I have a USA friend who will not get the vaccine for his own reasons. Anyone know what the steps are for him to come here?

He might have covid now, so if he tests postive and get's through it, can he use an anitbodies test as he has CV-19 tolerance built up?

If it is a false alarm for Covid and no antibody built up, can he test and go if negative with proper insurance? Or what are the requirments for people like him with no vaccine shots?

As far as i understand unvaccinated tourist are welcome in to Thailand however they do have to Quarantine for 7 days. If he test positive to Covid on arrival he will be required to do 10 day quarantine in a approved SHA plus hotel if no symptoms or hospitalized if he has symptoms.

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

As far as i understand unvaccinated tourist are welcome in to Thailand however they do have to Quarantine for 7 days. If he test positive to Covid on arrival he will be required to do 10 day quarantine in a approved SHA plus hotel if no symptoms or hospitalized if he has symptoms.

Thanks for the reply. I just saw that has all changed now.