News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

21 minutes ago, Fanta said:

My assumption that there are pro Russian families is far more  plausible than your assumption that every Ukrainian hates Russia.

When did I assume that? 

If you are referencing an old statement of mind. It was probably more along the idea there are now less pro Russian Ukrainians than before. Of course that's to be expected when you bomb, murder, rape and loot the very section of Ukraine where most of them reside. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Ah so the Azov battalion has control? Given the Azov battalion no longer exists in practical terms who is running the Ukraine now?

Prove that statement. Do you mean militarily in Asovstal? where they were "evacuated" (surrendered). Or do you mean politically. Because if you mean "politically" than you will have to admit that they had political influence. LOL🤣

25 minutes ago, Fanta said:

My assumption that there are pro Russian families is far more  plausible than your assumption that every Ukrainian hates Russia. Poland accepts 4 million refugees. Russia forcibly moved 1 million people. Really? I think it is a misrepresentation of what happened. Why burden your country with 1 million hostages, it makes no sense. Of course it is bad optics when it is promoted as an abduction. Just because Ukraine says it doesn’t mean it is true. 

The blind belief that everything Ukraine says must true by many here baffles me too. Doesn't it occur to people that in wars either side will say anything - anything at all- to score points in the vital propaganda part that exists in war?

You have to hand it to Ukraine, they are masters in the art of rhetoric. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

The blind belief that everything Ukraine says must true by many here baffles me too. Doesn't it occur to people that in wars either side will say anything - anything at all- to score points in the vital propaganda part that exists in war?

One might have a guess why,

Was RT banned everywhere?

It is so annoying, they think we cant tell when they are lying, they have to shut down any opposing viewpoint.

It's like "mostly peaceful riots" while buildings are burning in the background

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

The only war that Ukraine is winning is the social media war. 20% of Ukraine is under Russian control. 125,000 square miles.  Access to import and export via the sea ports is blocked. Ukraine is now a landlocked country.Weapons are being rushed piecemeal to the front in an attempt to slow Russia’s progress. Reversing Russias progress is a pipe dream. Zelenskyy’s claim that Ukraine will not cede territory for peace condemns Ukraine to further destruction. His bold claim that Ukraine will take back all territories under Russian control is simply not grounded in reality. Every day Ukraine’s  military logistics & capabilities are being degraded. The only way Ukraine can critically impact Russia and take control of the battlefield is with a nuke. After the Donbas region falls Zelenskyy will have to fall on his political sword and cede the region or risk being removed by pragmatic minds in his own government that see the inevitable road to ruin that Ukraine is on. Ukraine can talk the talk but they cannot walk the walk. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fanta said:

After the Donbas region falls Zelenskyy will have to fall on his political sword and cede the region or risk being removed by pragmatic minds in his own government that see the inevitable road to ruin that Ukraine is on. Ukraine can talk the talk but they cannot walk the walk. 

I only quoted this section of your post because I have a different view, I think Zelenski is being controlled by other people, either the UN/Nato or the Nazi;s that are still in the Ukraine government. Just an opinion ok Rookiescot.

46 minutes ago, Fanta said:

The only war that Ukraine is winning is the social media war. 20% of Ukraine is under Russian control. 125,000 square miles.  Access to import and export via the sea ports is blocked. Ukraine is now a landlocked country.Weapons are being rushed piecemeal to the front in an attempt to slow Russia’s progress. Reversing Russias progress is a pipe dream. Zelenskyy’s claim that Ukraine will not cede territory for peace condemns Ukraine to further destruction. His bold claim that Ukraine will take back all territories under Russian control is simply not grounded in reality. Every day Ukraine’s  military logistics & capabilities are being degraded. The only way Ukraine can critically impact Russia and take control of the battlefield is with a nuke. After the Donbas region falls Zelenskyy will have to fall on his political sword and cede the region or risk being removed by pragmatic minds in his own government that see the inevitable road to ruin that Ukraine is on. Ukraine can talk the talk but they cannot walk the walk. 

That's right. The notion that Ukraine could win the war on the ground was far fetched from the start, and made a good story in the tabloid press. Russia has much larger armed forced, as well as the use of combined armed formations. Russia also has a history of fighting wars in a very brutal way, irrespective of losses.

Rather than egging Ukraine on, one can only hope that the world comes to its senses and tries to broker peace, before Ukraine is totally destroyed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Rather than egging Ukraine on, one can only hope that the world comes to its senses and tries to broker peace, before Ukraine is totally destroyed.

A perfectly reasonable sentiment and a good one upon which to close this thread.

• Like 1