News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

12 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

That's why I am talking about 40 years.

A lot of time will pass before the worshippers of these dictators are replaced by people of modern consciousness.

Contemporary equivalent tyrant murderers of Hitler Stalin Mao are clearly Putin Xi Jung.

So that’s obviously why people make those valid comparisons.

That some here would prefer they didn’t, combined with anti-West, ill- disguised support for tyranny,  is peculiar & shameful, demonstrating no moral compass, no sense of right & wrong. 

Lessons of history necessary to recognize evil & resist repetition. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, EdwardV said:

While true it’s also unfair. Western media isn’t required to tow the government line. This is how you end up with the White House mad at the media because they told the story behind the sinking of the Russian cruiser.  That’s not the case with Russia or Chinese media. With them you tow the line or you are off the air. I’m not saying you don’t have a point. Just the two medias come to their stories from a completely different set of rules on how they do their job. It’s not fair to lump them together. 

Simple Solution: Ignore ALL Media or regard as Interesting / Entertainment. 
Attend only to the obvious direct western experts. 

So what's the Sitrap? Russian forces have not taken any objectives in nearly three months in the War with Ukraine, Putin could not claim any Victories in his Victory day Speech, and the Azovstal steelworks has still not been taken. He has been forced out of the west closer to the Belarus border, Ukrainian forces are pushing Russian forces from Kharkiv Ukraine's second-biggest city there still holding their own against Russian forces in the Donbas region, and looking at the whole picture Russia is losing ground everywhere.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, vlad said:

So what's the Sitrap?

I think you meant sitcom? Your description reads like an unreleased script for “Servant of the People” a 2015-2019 comedy series created, produced and starring Volodymyr Zelenskyy as the President of Ukraine. There also a film adaption in 2016.

You should pitch your script as the plot of a sequel. With Patron mauling Putin while Zelenskky watches approvingly via Zoom. 

Wrong as usual Haw-Haw I spelled it wrong too it should have been Sitrep an Acronym for Situation Report. Hurts don't it watching the Third world's biggest military Might is being embarrassed by a Country led by an Ex Comedian. In other news Finland wants to join Nato immediately within days, another home goal for Putin instead of trying to weaken Nato it now looks likely Nato will have more Country's along their borders with Russia. As usual, the threat came from Putin that we will not allow Finland to join and we will take action against them the usual wind and piss statements.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Putins Empty Nuclear Threats, against Peaceful Countries Objecting to Russian Tyranny, are Especially Evil.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

In other news Finland wants to join Nato immediately within days,

You forgot to mention Sweden. Putin’s plan to suppress NATO  expansion has definitely backfired. If we are to believe the MSM messages that the Russian Armed Forces are a paper tiger being thoroughly whipped and clearly on the path to their inevitable destruction in Ukraine why are Sweden and Finland in such a mad rush to join NATO? There must be an embargo on exporting anti anxiety medication to non NATO countries.

6 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Putins Empty Nuclear Threats, against Peaceful Countries Objecting to Russian Tyranny, are Especially Evil.

Only if you take them seriously. I find them amusing not alarming. Russia would be a radioactive no-go zone for a few millennium if they did loose off some of their 6,000 nukes.

20 minutes ago, Fanta said:

You forgot to mention Sweden. Putin’s plan to suppress NATO  expansion has definitely backfired. If we are to believe the MSM messages that the Russian Armed Forces are a paper tiger being thoroughly whipped and clearly on the path to their inevitable destruction in Ukraine why are Sweden and Finland in such a mad rush to join NATO? There must be an embargo on exporting anti anxiety medication to non NATO countries.

Sweden and Finland have decided to drop their historically preferred position of neutrality because it is now plainly evident that Russia, while under Putin & Co, cannot be trusted. There is no trust at all now after Vlad the Bad's recent behaviour, which has driven these two countries to weigh up the risks and say "nuts to it, we might as well join NATO".

As an aside, I just saw a spectacular flying display from the Russian Army. Hope this is allowed?:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fester said:

As an aside, I just saw a spectacular flying display from the Russian Army. Hope this is allowed?:

Tank was made in Russia but how do you know it is a Russian Armed Forces tank? The PRESS guy didn’t have his white armband on. The soldiers in the back of the truck heading towards the tank don’t have the white armbands on. Just asking… 

45 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Tank was made in Russia but how do you know it is a Russian Armed Forces tank? The PRESS guy didn’t have his white armband on. The soldiers in the back of the truck heading towards the tank don’t have the white armbands on. Just asking… 

Several VDO reports feature journalists from different countries without any armbands on at all. Reporters I have seen on the Ukrainian side of conflict zones mostly have had 'PRESS' on their vests horizontally across their backs but with white letters and a dark blue background.

I don't know for sure if the people in the truck are even soldiers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

why are Sweden and Finland in such a mad rush to join NATO?

Because Russia has shown that being neutral isn’t safe anymore. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

Maybe they think the cost to infrastructure and lives caused by an attack will be to high, even if attacked by a paper tiger. 
alienated wirh others will make the attack less probable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

Its all going wrong aint it Fanta. Your boy Czar Putin simply bit off more than he can chew.

It was all supposed to be so easy. Capture Kyiv within 48 hours and set up a puppet regime. Big fail.

Then you claimed that was all a feint and the real attack was in the south. Making massive gains there aint they. Indeed they are getting pushed back. Ukrainian forces no driving towards Kherson (as I predicted). After that they will drive towards the Crimea and hold the land bridges there.

In the south east they will drive towards Mariupol. Huge number of Russian troops now trapped with no resupply and no help to the west of that city. Hemmed in by the sea and the river Dnieper. 

Over on the having cleared Kharkiv expect them to keep driving east threatening to isolate even more Russian thugs around Izyum. 

After that its virtually all over. Oh but hypersonic missiles and stuff will save the day!

Those things seem to be about as accurate as one of your posts.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

Only if you take them seriously. I find them amusing not alarming. Russia would be a radioactive no-go zone for a few millennium if they did loose off some of their 6,000 nukes.

The threats themselves I said were “ empty” . BUT they expose an underlying culture & thinking behind them, that’s clearly pure evil. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The threats themselves I said were “ empty” . BUT they expose an underlying culture & thinking behind them, that’s clearly pure evil. 

They also know probably only half of them would work anyway.

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

They also know probably only half of them would work anyway.

Well that’s another issue where the evil thieving gangster culture results in lack of working equipment as insufficient maintenance 🤣 …..or just lack of equipment; which has either not been produced or been stripped down and sold off as spares or assembly kits ! 😉😏

remember the story of the Russian tank General who topped himself upon finding out, on his watch, that only one in ten of his inventoried tanks were operational 🤣🤣😩😞

• Like 2

"Those things seem to be about as accurate as one of your posts." 

hahaha

Well, you know even Hitler had his fanboys....

Hence the name Fan_ _

lol 

But seriously, Zelensky knows that the people of Ukraine have seen too much horrible stuff from Russia. At this point the ONLY thing they will accept is ALL of their land back. And with Russia cleaning out all the males of fighting age in Donetsk and Luhansk and eliminating them on the front lines there will be significantly less pro Russians who live in those areas.  

Peoples attitudes in the eastern parts of Ukraine are now finding that Putin resulted in a never ending war, killed their sons and destroyed their homes and livelihood. Ukraine meanwhile is rounding up the traitors and making lists. The country is going to emerge from this VERY patriotic.

So this likely will not end till the Russians and pro Russian sympathizers are all gone...

Edited by Poop
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

Russian forces are slowing being pushed out of the Kharkiv area to the other side of the border: 

The United Kingdom’s defense ministry said on Thursday that Ukrainian forces have recaptured towns and villages north of the city of Kharkiv from Russian forces. The ministry said in an intelligence update that Ukrainian forces are continuing a counterattack in the region near the Russian border. “Russia’s prioritisation of operations in the Donbas has left elements deployed in the Kharkiv Oblast vulnerable to the mobile, and highly motivated, Ukrainian counter-attacking force,” the ministry said. It added that Russian forces have withdrawn units from the area in hopes to reorganize and replenish forces after suffering major losses on the battlefield. “Once reconstituted, these forces will likely deploy to the eastern bank of the Siverskyi Donets River, forming a blocking force to protect the western flank of Russia’s main force concentration and main supply routes for operations in the vicinity of Izium,” officials said. “The withdrawal of Russian forces from the Kharkiv Oblast is a tacit recognition of Russia’s inability to capture key Ukrainian cities where they expected limited resistance from the population,” the ministry concluded. 

Ukraine recaptures towns, villages north of Kharkiv, UK says | The Hill

• Like 2

Just now, vlad said:

Oh well these 2 Russian Scum will be in front of the war crimes commission murderers. How you gonna explain this away Haw-Haw.  

• Like 1

Right now the Ukrainians are taking pictures and building evidence for a long list of Russian war criminals. When this is eventually over if those Russian war criminals ever leave Russia expect them to be on an Interpol list.

Their future is being deported to face trial in Ukraine and jail....

If I was  a Russian soldier I would get out of that country or surrender as fast as I could. Ukrainians will never forget and want justice... And the majority of the world will support them so there will not be many safe places for a Russian war criminal to travel to!

8 minutes ago, Poop said:

Right now the Ukrainians are taking pictures and building evidence for a long list of Russian war criminals. When this is eventually over if those Russian war criminals ever leave Russia expect them to be on an Interpol list.

Their future is being deported to face trial in Ukraine and jail....

If I was  a Russian soldier I would get out of that country or surrender as fast as I could. Ukrainians will never forget and want justice... And the majority of the world will support them so there will not be many safe places for a Russian war criminal to travel to!

Thailand/Turkey / UAE will continue to roll out the welcome mat for all types of serious violent criminals. Russia is also a very large country with variety of ( non- tropical) climates for all tastes?

• Like 1