News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

On 4/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, Fanta said:

So NATO goaded Russia into battle and Ukraine is the killing field. That begs the question will NATO leave the Ukrainian forces alone to fight NATO’s battle while cheering them on from the safety of their corner?

Yes they will do exactly that and in the near future they will stop arming the Ukrainian forces. Elements of the US military are already complaining about the depletion of their weapon stockpiles and how long it will take to replenish them. There are already calls to stop supplying anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles because America needs to maintain enough supplies for its own needs. 

17 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Yes they will do exactly that and in the near future they will stop arming the Ukrainian forces. Elements of the US military are already complaining about the depletion of their weapon stockpiles and how long it will take to replenish them. There are already calls to stop supplying anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles because America needs to maintain enough supplies for its own needs. 

Cant see that happening. The US will have a minimum stock level they will not pass but they have a lot of excess kit having recently pulled out of Afghanistan. 

Do you have a link to the elements complaining?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Cant see that happening. The US will have a minimum stock level they will not pass but they have a lot of excess kit having recently pulled out of Afghanistan. 

Do you have a link to the elements complaining?

A Bloomberg opinion piece pointing out the obvious. 
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-04-14/russia-ukraine-war-u-s-is-running-out-of-weapons-aiding-kyiv 

And replenishing the stockpile will be slower due to supply chain and labor issues.. 

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2022/04/18/pentagon-industry-wrestle-with-how-to-boost-weapons-production-for-ukraine/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Go fetch

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Poolie said:

I gave up with Vlad when he went off on one about the Boer War (ridiculous enough) and didn't know that a musket was totally useless without gunpowder.

Not totally, as long there was a bayonet in use: 

Screenshot_20220420-205422.jpg

7 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

How convenient of the West to let Ukraineans give the blood and they giving the weapons. How convenient of the West to let two slavic nations go at each other. 

You act like it was the West’s choice. It wasn’t, it was your buddy Putin’s choice and his alone.  Putin didn’t have to attack. And please stop with the brotherly Slavic BS. The people Putin’s army is murdering, those in the east of Ukraine, are the same ones he was so clear about saving. Ironic in a sad but expected way. 

Putins talk about escalation can only be properly understood in the right context WHEN properly translated.

And yet you don’t offer it. Why I’m I not surprised? 

Having said all the above, if what you are saying represents the true intent of the West, this will only go one way and that is grinding down the last Ukrainean resistance, taking time and battle-hardening it's army in the process. 

What you are not understanding is that’s Ukraine’s choice. They are the ones who decide not to roll over and instead kick in the teeth of the Russian army. By your logic, when the Ukrainians ask for support, the West should tell them “no”. Too bad the opposite is happening. The US just authorized another $800M weapons package just yesterday (on top of the one last week). Don’t worry the rest of the western nations are kicking in even more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

Take a trip through East London declaring all Millwall fans are homosexual at the top of your voice then report back 🙈

Will do, your worship! 😀

I wont be lying either!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Not totally, as long there was a bayonet in use: 

I cant see Ellenskiyys lot getting close enough to use one of them!

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

How about links for all those gems? 

49 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And replenishing the stockpile will be slower due to supply chain and labor issues.

If they don’t complain, the US can’t justify implementation of the Defense production act. Not saying there isn’t something here, just that it’s not going to lead to the US stopping weapon shipments. It’s all about funding. The manufacturers need it, and the US has to be able to justify it. Regardless any shortfall will be more than made up by other countries and is limited to a few weapon systems. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fester said:

How about links for all those gems? 

Fanta already posted some while I was offline

54 minutes ago, Fanta said:

2 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Fanta already posted some while I was offline

I'm not paying for that. Anyway, it would be better coming from the horse's mouth, so-to-speak.

14 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

You act like it was the West’s choice. It wasn’t, it was your buddy Putin’s choice and his alone.  Putin didn’t have to attack. And please stop with the brotherly Slavic BS. The people Putin’s army is murdering, those in the east of Ukraine, are the same ones he was so clear about saving. Ironic in a sad but expected way. 

And yet you don’t offer it. Why I’m I not surprised? 

What you are not understanding is that’s Ukraine’s choice. They are the ones who decide not to roll over and instead kick in the teeth of the Russian army. By your logic, when the Ukrainians ask for support, the West should tell them “no”. Too bad the opposite is happening. The US just authorized another $800M weapons package just yesterday (on top of the one last week). Don’t worry the rest of the western nations are kicking in even more. 

US Production, Logistics & Will To Win is on a Galactic Level. Supported by UK/ EU/ NATO. Combined with Russian Incompetence & Ukraine Resistance.

Can only see this ending in complete early humiliation for Russia. 

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

I just love the thought of Putin frothing at daily continual embarrassments. Generals getting picked off on a daily basis because they're using comms no more secure than a teenagers iphone, units refusing to fight, cities which should be a walkover are pushing back and the whole world, well nearly, move towards making russia a pariah state for decades to come ! Absolutely love it. There's no better feeling than a demented bully getting his come uppence. By the way have Putins friends on here come up with a justification for the invasion of a democracy yet ? I don't have time to go through whole threads sadly.

Also a big thumbs up to Romania who are right now actually changing their laws in order that they can send weapons to Ukraine (previously it was illegal as Ukraine are not a NATO country) fantastic gesture.

At the end of the day, Zelensky is playing an absolute blinder whilst Putin is looking like a 10 year old out of his depth on Warcraft - it's just a shame tens of thousands have to die to feed his vanity ! 

Putin will shortly declare Donbass as 'captured' and then like lightening will declare victory, withdraw his troops asap and fund street celebrations etc etc and russian supermodels can get back to buying Prada - it's the only possible way he has to limit his total humiliation because the longer his billionaire mates are made to suffer, the closer that Polonium cup of tea is. The clocks ticking ....

Putins invasion “ justification “ has always been that his paranoid delusion that he “ felt” threatened by a Defensive NATO “ expansion / encirclement” (which RUSSIA CAUSED by its tyrannical aggressive actions).

This “expansion” being geographical and the independent free will of formerly Russian occupied/ oppressed nations terrified of Russia.

Nakedly threatening the “ destruction “ of Sweden & Finland recently, wouldn’t have helped.

The very idea of these nations ( soon to be joined by Sweden & Finland) NOT joining NATO or actually attacking a nuclear- armed Russia is of course ABSURD. 

Also, if Russia were FREE there would be no need for NATO or War.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vlad said:

Do you care what members think about you seagull " gave up on vlad " if you read the post you would have seen why I mentioned Roark's drift where did I mention the Boar war Seagull.

Your only Hovering, as usual, why don't you join the thread instead of your little snipes you'll? get more respect.

Roark's Drift and the Boar War

Not too well up on South Africa then.?

49 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Roark's Drift and the Boar War

Not too well up on South Africa then.?

Actually it's Rorke's Drift. And the Boer War.

No. Not pre-1900 I wouldn't profess to be. 😀

33 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Actually it's Rorke's Drift. And the Boer War.

No. Not pre-1900 I wouldn't profess to be. 😀

Did I mention the Boer War in my original post Seagull? I mentioned Rorke's Drift I did not mention what war Rorke's Drift was in. It's just you chipping in with silly comments before you read fully the original post regarding our record im past wars.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fanta said:

I wonder where he is know? He was in London fighting extradition to the US. I bet that guy isn’t anywhere near Russia and has no plans to go there ever again until a regime change occurs. He must be salty that he is targeted by sanctions and also under fire by the US.
“Oleg Tinkov settled tax claims on the premise of paying at least 506,8 million dollars, including 248,5 million dollars of unpaid taxes, without going to jail, according to US Department of Justice.”

Or perhaps his recent chemo has side effects because those Twitter rants are suicidal. Russia will say his account was hacked or he was coerced. Same bullsh*t, different day. 

in fact, in Russia one can speak out against the actions of the authorities, there is no law prohibiting this.  It is not customary to criticize Putin personally.  

There is an aluminum tycoon, Deripaska, who regularly criticizes the current system.  

ALMOST ALL big businessmen are in opposition to the current system of power, strange as it may seem.  They want more freedom of enterprise, less government involvement.  

So, there is nothing surprising in this statement by Tinkov.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, Rookiescot said:

Belarus has also faced many sanctions. Its economy is in the trash can along with Russias. 

According to forecasts, the Russian economy will shrink by 10-15%.  This is a lot, but it's too early to throw it out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/04/russias-economy-is-beginning-to-crack-as-economists-forecast-sharp-contractions.html

3 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

According to forecasts, the Russian economy will shrink by 10-15%.  This is a lot, but it's too early to throw it out.

From Monday: 

The Russian economy has made it through the first blow caused by the sanctions imposed by the war in Ukraine, according to the president of the Russian Central Bank, Elvira Nabiullina. But she warned representatives at the Duma this Monday that the country’s reserves are near their end, and the real crisis will hit between the second and third quarter this year. Hours after Nabiullina sounded the alert, Vladimir Putin himself rejected her warning. “Russia has resisted unprecedented pressure. The situation is stabilizing,” the head of state said in a press conference about the country’s economic situation.

https://english.elpais.com/economy-and-business/2022-04-19/russias-central-bank-says-that-the-economy-will-plummet-in-the-second-trimester-and-putin-is-ignoring-the-warning.html?outputType=amp

By the way, Ms. Nabiullina is arguably one of the best central bank president in the world. If she says things are bad, they are really bad. It was reported she also tried to resign a few weeks ago and Putin wouldn’t let her. Read into that what you wish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Transam said:

OK Pike.....😏

Still heckling from the back of the bus I see. You are not on the special school bus so you must ask an adult for help. You are not in trouble. Just point at your name tag, they’ll understand. 

• Haha 2

Seems those Mig29 “parts” going to Ukraine came from of all places the USA:

The Biden administration has reportedly sold old ex-Moldovan MiG-29 fighters to Kiev to serve as a source of spare parts to maintain it´s remaining aircraft. According to different media reports, the MiG-29 fighters that Ukraine will receive are not in flying condition, and are part of a purchase made by the United States in 1997 from Moldova, for about twenty units.

https://www.aviacionline.com/2022/04/u-s-to-send-mig-29-aircraft-to-ukraine-but-as-a-source-of-spare-parts/

The story says at least two of those 20 planes were in flying condition, at least they were before the US took them apart to ship. Where there is a will, there is a way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

ex-Moldovan MiG-29 fighters

Moldova, as in the region of Romania? OK. As long as they get to Ukraine and are “assembled” promptly who cares where they come from :-) I read an opinion piece from an “analyst” that wants to lend 3 squadrons of Warthogs A10s to Ukraine. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. 

According to the Russian lies, the brave Russian troops are still on 'special operations'. This is the lies that the Russian media are drip feeding their gullable citizens, it would appear that the majority of Russians are quite happy to be fed this garbage. But now it would appear that they are now upping the ante and saying that they are now no longer fighting Ukraine but they are fighting NATO and according to this idiot on the daily lies program we are going to be next to feel the might of the great Russian military murdering machine. Isn't it about time Russian arrogance was shut down for good or 'come on if you think you're hard enough'. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1