News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

54 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Why is everyone so obsessed about Ukraine? It used to be part of the USSR, and most people knew nothing of the place before now.

And why is everyone so obsessed with Russia, when China is the real enemy?

What? Ukraine only became a part of the  Soviet Union with the collapse of the Austrian Hapsburg empire and the Russian Czarist Empire. Before that it was  incorporated in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Anyone with a knowledge of basic history will know of the Stalins decision to Russify Ukraine by starving its people. And estimated 5-8 million Ukrainians died in the forced famine. It is why the Ukrainians have a hatred for Russia.  Your argument that because Ukraine was once part of a former empire it has no  border integrity. If that's the case, than neither does the USA since it was part of the  British Empire. USing your logic, none of the borders of LATAM or African countries need be respected becaus eof their colonial heritage. Belgium and Lichtenstein  should just be absorbed by France and Netherlands. Parts of france should revert to England, and the French may lay claim to England  becauseof the Norman conquest. Where would it end?

ok, so China is the enemy. Well,  what does that make Russia since they are now strategic partners.  China hasn't invaded Taiwan yet has it? Until then, China is playing nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We now see this thread is going no where, it reads more like a drunken bar room session to me.

Nobody knows the facts, so its all just opinions, some just for the sake of an argument.

My millions of beans say, don't immigrate or visit Poland just yet, its going be a humdinger soon with incomming ordanance ...

19 minutes ago, IneptoCracy said:

We now see this thread is going no where, it reads more like a drunken bar room session to me.

Nobody knows the facts, so its all just opinions, some just for the sake of an argument.

My millions of beans say, don't immigrate or visit Poland just yet, its going be a humdinger soon with incomming ordanance ...

Suggest to select only the high quality rational analytical truth posters here like @EdwardV.

Try to ignore irritating irrational pro- Russia liar types. Entertaining to see those challenged & destroyed here though. 

Poland is NATO so is completely safe from any military attack. Great Place to Visit ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

What? Ukraine only became a part of the  Soviet Union with the collapse of the Austrian Hapsburg empire and the Russian Czarist Empire. Before that it was  incorporated in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

Anyone with a knowledge of basic history will know of the Stalins decision to Russify Ukraine by starving its people. And estimated 5-8 million Ukrainians died in the forced famine. It is why the Ukrainians have a hatred for Russia.  Your argument that because Ukraine was once part of a former empire it has no  border integrity. If that's the case, than neither does the USA since it was part of the  British Empire. USing your logic, none of the borders of LATAM or African countries need be respected becaus eof their colonial heritage. Belgium and Lichtenstein  should just be absorbed by France and Netherlands. Parts of france should revert to England, and the French may lay claim to England  becauseof the Norman conquest. Where would it end?

ok, so China is the enemy. Well,  what does that make Russia since they are now strategic partners.  China hasn't invaded Taiwan yet has it? Until then, China is playing nice.

Yes. EVERY Nation truly fears & hates Russia even Russia! Existential Threat to European Civilization. Has Nukes …

China Threatens Civilized East Asia but sufficiently contained & pathetically unable to project any military power beyond its land borders. Nukes Aside.

Forget Chinas illegal South China Sea clown show. Swept away by USA in hours when war inevitable comes. 10 Billion US$ Investment Obliterated! 🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So no links once again to back up your impression. Just the usual bravado about how things are going just super for Czar Putin and his Russian thugs. 

In another post you were claiming that long range artillery were of limited use but now you contradict yourself (again) saying it will shift the odds in favor of the Russian thugs.

Rapid advance became slow and steady. Artillery went from being pointless to being crucial.

You really have no clue about what you are talking about do you?

Except to spout clearly ridiculous pro- Russian anti - West historical lies & propaganda. 😡😞

Like his ignorant ukraine battlefield analysis . Like Russia winning WW2 all by itself without any significant Allied support ;  ignorant of 17.5 million tons of US / UK equipment / fuel / food (without which USSR easily beaten in 1942) & that US/ UK Empire destroyed 60 (30%/ he says 10%) German Divisions and 100% German Manufacturing Base ….oh and defeated Japan with China with ZERO Russia input.🤣🤣😩

• Like 2

And the attempts to silence anyone sending a message at odds with the Ukrainian propaganda recycled as news continues. If you are not staunchly pro Ukraine then you are definitely pro Russia, with us or against us! An outside observer would think some of the people in this thread were fighting this war. Look at the the map and ask yourself who is winning the war to control Donbas because that is what this war is about - the Donbas region.

6C552002-4060-4D12-833D-3841ED91DFF3.thumb.png.c3b3e3e1dfbb74ec80564b1e93f5604d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Russia and Ukraine doing their bit to aid world depopulation, spurned on by NATO supplying more weapons in the fight to keep their populations on the decline.

• Haha 1

You been on the Yabba Haw-Haw I thought Putin wanted to take the whole of Ukraine back in Russian hands.

Silly me now we know he only wanted the Donbas Region. His forces must have got lost and went for Kyiv instead of Luhansk. 

• Like 3

Just now, vlad said:

You been on the Yabba Haw-Haw I thought Putin wanted to take the whole of Ukraine back in Russian hands.

That may be what you thought. I have never said that. Your yaba addiction is your business and might explain some of your more emotional posts. 

• Haha 1

OK so a question to ask the members If a country has invaded your country and is murdering your friends and raping your woman do you A, sit back and allow it or B, Welcome other Countries to help you defend yourself and remove the aggressive force invading your country. We only need a Yes/No we don't need whataboutisms or deflection a yes I would welcome help or No carry-on.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

I'm using China to illustrate what appears to be a double standard. Why is the Western world so obsessed with Ukraine? Even this thread has pages of posts of passionate content. It's all we read about in the news. All about a place that nobody cared about for decades, and nobody understands even now.

What was so different when the Soviets had the place under their jackboot?

Pointing out double standards about a post used to be understandably valid as part of the subject matter.

The intensity of this conflict and the involvement of the entire West makes it apparent that it would not be just for Zelensky to put down arms here. 

He must be under intense pressure not to give an inch, which neither he is doing. It is hsi people who are giving up inches, feet, yards and miles day by day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IneptoCracy said:

So a new topic? And it's your round.

Just now, vlad said:

OK so a question to ask the members If a country has invaded your country and is murdering your friends and raping your woman do you A, sit back and allow it or B, Welcome other Countries to help you defend yourself and remove the aggressive force invading your country. We only need a Yes/No we don't need whataboutisms or deflection a yes I would welcome help or No carry-on.

"We" need only a yes/no? Is that now "whataboutism" if one does not follow your prosecutorial line of questioning? 

Maybe the same question should be asked about the prequel to the current situation? ANd I would probably accept more than yes/no. This is not a court. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

That may be what you thought. I have never said that. Your yaba addiction is your business and might explain some of your more emotional posts. 

Read your own post i have reminded you of what you posted.

Look at the the map and ask yourself who is winning the war to control Donbas because that is what this war is about - the Donbas region.

3 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

"We" need only a yes/no? Is that now "whataboutism" if one does not follow your prosecutorial line of questioning? 

Maybe the same question should be asked about the prequel to the current situation? ANd I would probably accept more than yes/no. This is not a court. 

Waste of time answering you Nanook your miles away from reality you can't even answer a simple yes/no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

44 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And the attempts to silence anyone sending a message at odds with the Ukrainian propaganda recycled as news continues. If you are not staunchly pro Ukraine then you are definitely pro Russia, with us or against us! An outside observer would think some of the people in this thread were fighting this war. Look at the the map and ask yourself who is winning the war to control Donbas because that is what this war is about - the Donbas region.

6C552002-4060-4D12-833D-3841ED91DFF3.thumb.png.c3b3e3e1dfbb74ec80564b1e93f5604d.png

Oh is that what it is? The map looks impressive but don't forget that the Crimea was already stolen in 2014 simultaneous with Russian destabilization, insertions and incursions in Donbass the same year. Effectively not that much is different from 2014 and shows resolute defence by Ukraine against a superpower past its sell-by date, that is now likely to be found guilty of thousands of war crimes including murder, kidnap, torture and rape.

This is Special Military Operation take 3, after SMO's 1 and 2 (Kiev and Kharkiv) failed wonderfully.

Best wishes for Ukraine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, vlad said:

Is that a general question or does it only pertain to this current conflict?

21 minutes ago, vlad said:

Read your own post i have reminded you of what you posted.

Look at the the map and ask yourself who is winning the war to control Donbas because that is what this war is about - the Donbas region.

Do you even know the difference between the whole of Ukraine and the Donbas region?  Your post indicates otherwise. Or else you have failed in claiming I said something when I said nothing of the sort. Regardless, it is pointless to discuss things with you. 

• Haha 1

A member posted a new thread a few days ago asking why members use the Forum, well its'the because of threads like this one. Some members dig a hole for themselves by posting silly comments that once there rumbled they wobble like jelly such as the Ukrainian president sacking one of his generals when asked how many has Putin sacked couldn't respond so just ignored it altogether or others that cannot comprehend the English Language. It's a great thread watching them trying to climb out of the holes they have created but keep falling back due to their lack of a ladder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Do you even know the difference between the whole of Ukraine and the Donbas region?  Your post indicates otherwise. Or else you have failed in claiming I said something when I said nothing of the sort. Regardless, it is pointless to discuss things with you. 

Your funny Haw-Haw. You have been rumbled again. Go and stand in the naughty boy's corner you won't be alone you can hold Nanook of the North's hand lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

Ukrainian president sacking one of his generals when asked how many has Putin sacked couldn't respond so just ignored it altogether

Asking a stupid question doesn’t mean you deserve an answer.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

Your funny Haw-Haw. You have been rumbled again. Go and stand in the naughty boy's corner you won't be alone you can hold Nanook of the North's hand lol.

Some might say he has been Tangoed.😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One good point of this war is that we have learnt all the regions of the Ukraine, learnt how to say their names and wipe them off our to see tourism bucket list.

The EU needs anti- acid tablets right now, as their tummy acid must have risen to dangerous levels.

There was a saying we learnt in school long long ago. It went, “Let China Sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world,” (Napoleon Bonaparte).

Maybe now we can change the country and insert Russia.

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Asking a stupid question doesn’t mean you deserve an answer.

Another top-class Deflection Haw-Haw your good at that I'll give you that. Are going to answer your own question? is the Donbas region in Ukraine or Russia?

• Like 1