News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

10 hours ago, Fanta said:

And who is going to do it? The Ukrainian armed forces that have already lost most of the south and the east already? The army that is currently being pushed backwards on the east and losing ground daily? The new conscripts with a few months of training? The virtually non existent air force? The heavy weapons? At best the heavy weapons will slow the Russian advance however they will also attract a lot of attention from the Russian Air Force and are not a game changer. 

You positively purr with enjoyment when you believe Czar Putin and his thugs are somehow winning.

Fact is western armies would have done this within a month while the great bear struggles after 3 months to make small gains. What a joke.

Still I hope you are here to recognise your mistakes when his thugs start getting pushed back. After all you have been magnanimous in recognising your errors so far. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

There is little to no strategic evidence that Russia has lost even an iota of the initiative. Of course, Ukraine will be able to launch nimble tactical countertrusts, but with no bearing upon course of war. Germans even launched local counterstrikes in Berlin to end of April-1945.

Except getting pumped around Kyiv and Kherson.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Except getting pumped around Kyiv and Kherson.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Maybe you do. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You positively purr with enjoyment when you believe Czar Putin and his thugs are somehow winning.

Fact is western armies would have done this within a month while the great bear struggles after 3 months to make small gains. What a joke.

Still I hope you are here to recognise your mistakes when his thugs start getting pushed back. After all you have been magnanimous in recognising your errors so far. 

WOW!! Now you are boasting about what fence sitters can do better with no evidence to back it up. Remember, the Russian army is not Libyan, Iraqi or Somali and the chances for NATO air superiority is probably zero. 

Like most wars, this one will end in a negotiated peace. It is up to Ukrainean leadership at what cost and and what time they want this peace. The price will probably increase the longer it goes on. Maybe Russia will push the entire UAF's  accross Dnepr and call it a day? So we will end up with a Korean ceasefire at the Dnepr. Would not surprise me...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

This was a RommelEsque Blitzkrieg?

No, but it is an example of what you call "history of inevitable victory"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorskTiger said:

This is partly correct. Russian army has been smaller than Ukraines from day one. This is also best evidence that a war of conquest was never planned

You mean it was completely correct. I don’t see the part where you show it wasn’t. That said the fact the Russian army was small for the size of the task in front of it isn’t proof they never intended to conquer Ukraine. It’s just proof they had a bad plan. They expected a Crimea 2.0 and had that happen, they had plenty of forces. 

Russia will continue to use stand-off weapons at increased intensity, while using cracked units to secure gains from destroyed areas.

You do realize sooner or later even Russia will run out of stand off weapons. They have either limited or more likely no ability to replace them at the present time. Might happen sooner or later, but if you keep shooting them and not making an equal number of replacements, you will run out. Crack units? You mean like the airborne units that were devastated in the opening weeks? There are reasons Russia is pulling T-62 tanks out of storage, eliminating the volunteer age and getting 60 year old pilots shot out of the air. None of those reasons are good either. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

You mean it was completely correct. I don’t see the part where you show it wasn’t. That said the fact the Russian army was small for the size of the task in front of it isn’t proof they never intended to conquer Ukraine. It’s just proof they had a bad plan. They expected a Crimea 2.0 and had that happen, they had plenty of forces. 

You do realize sooner or later even Russia will run out of stand off weapons. They have either limited or more likely no ability to replace them at the present time. Might happen sooner or later, but if you keep shooting them and not making an equal number of replacements, you will run out. Crack units? You mean like the airborne units that were devastated in the opening weeks? There are reasons Russia is pulling T-62 tanks out of storage, eliminating the volunteer age and getting 60 year old pilots shot out of the air. None of those reasons are good either. 

There is no general in the world who would send 50K (or even less) troops to take a giga city like Ukraine. It was an attempt to take it by Coup de main, but as that did not succeed, the forces around at least drew significant Ukrianean reserves. Not even up to debate.

You are wrong about "running out". As time goes by and stand off wepaons are more and more used, the bulk of it will be artillery, which is very cost-effective.  The Ukraineans have little to answer with here and even less to pack a punch with as long as this tactic is (as we see) increasingly implemented.  

You snipett examples are just more unconfirmed statements with concøusions drawn, but matter little in the big picture. So what if they raise the volunteer age.. Do you know the retirement age in Russia? There is plenty of reserves to pick from, just don't worry. Russia is simply limiting the impact on civillian functions by avoiding a complete war footing. Ukraine, OTOH, is 100% dependent upon Western arms flow and that is even needed to slow down a Russian advance. 

With regards to T-62, have you thought about the fact that this is still good enough to take on simple ground troops, while keeping the Armatas, )='s and 80's at hand? Or are you saying that all the best Russian tanks are destroyed by Javelins? ANd your "sources" are CNN, BBC or Langley? HAHAHA

Russia is being COST-EFFECTIVE while the anglos are bleeding the Ukrianans dry and pissing a lot of Western FIAT into the drain. 

Support for this struggle in Russia is quite high. And the intensity of the support among people of critical value (i. e. military-age men) is VERY high. I would like to know the numbers for draftable kids in the EU AND USA. I know my son is not going to enter this mess, even if he has to say he is a pacifist and I told him so. In the USA, the support from draftable men is mediocre at best. The political division there has ensured that there is a lukewarm willingness from the main combat stock (white males) to die for FJB's war. 

Finally, "cracked" units is referring to the amount of Russians soldiers with significant combat experience. And it is not killing goat herders from 5 kilometers with sniper rifles or ramming weddings with drones. THAT is what is meant by cracked units.  The veterans from this conflict will be among the most battle-hardened combat cadre in modern times, along with the Tigers in Syria and the Golden division in Iraq. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

What do you mean by "like in the past" and how do you see that I would welcome anyone into my country?

I don't want Russians, Americans, Brits or Italians in our lands and the majority of people in Norway does NOT want foreign troops here. 

This is not OUR war. It is not OUR conflict and it definitely in not in OUR interest to supply EU with energy to keep the war going. 

Whether or not Russia invaded is not any of my business. They are not the first power to invade someone as of modern times. The difference is that when Russia does something "The West" takes a side on other side. When US invades someone, the West stays mum and the journalists are simply "embedded" with the troops. 

We are not in a bar chatting, so feel free to throw taunts at me all you want to. It is up to others to decided whether this crosses the line or not. I simply would like you to back up what you are saying, but don't expect you to. After all, you have no reason behind what you say, just bile and vitriole. 

The Germans walked past you Tiger in the 40s all they did was launch a few attacks on you and you threw your arms up and let them invade your country or have you forgot that in your history.

• Like 1

There is no general in the world who would send 50K (or even less) troops to take a giga city like Ukraine. It was an attempt to take it by Coup de main, but as that did not succeed, the forces around at least drew significant Ukrianean reserves.

Your first two sentences contradict each other. The fact the Russian army brought along Rosgvardyia with them argue against your theory. Did they draw a lot of forces against them? Of course and they paid for it dearly. Again a point in favor of it being a bad plan. 

The Ukraineans have little to answer with here and even less to pack a punch with as long as this tactic is (as we see) increasingly implemented.

The western tube artillery which is coming in larger and larger numbers out ranges that used by the Russian army. It’s already been reported the US is sending their M109 self propelled artillery. Now with the US agreeing to send MLRS, Ukraine artillery will vastly out range that of Russia. Shoot and scoot brother, shoot and scoot. 

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3504730-us-to-transfer-long-range-rocket-systems-to-ukraine-amid-donbas-struggle-reports/amp/

With regards to T-62, have you thought about the fact that this is still good enough to take on simple ground troops, while keeping the Armatas, )='s and 80's at hand?

Armatas? You’re joking right? They aren’t even in production yet, they are still in the test phase. Just because a handful of prototypes run around red square once a year doesn’t an armored battalion make. T-80s? Even the Russians don’t like those, they are a failed model. It’s why Russia builds the T-90M, of course those haven’t done much better but who’s counting. 

I would like to know the numbers for draftable kids in the EU AND USA.

Zero. The US doesn’t have a draft. It’s an all volunteer professional army. Has been since the 70s. That said the US doesn’t need to send troops to Ukraine to kill off the Russian army. Ukraine is more than willing to do the job, happily at that too. 

• Like 1

There is no general in the world who would send 50K (or even less) troops to take a giga city like Ukraine. It was an attempt to take it by Coup de main, but as that did not succeed, the forces around at least drew significant Ukrianean reserves. Not even up to debate.

You are wrong about "running out". As time goes by and stand off wepaons are more and more used, the bulk of it will be artillery, which is very cost-effective.  The Ukraineans have little to answer with here and even less to pack a punch with as long as this tactic is (as we see) increasingly implemented.  

You snipett examples are just more unconfirmed statements with concøusions drawn, but matter little in the big picture. So what if they raise the volunteer age.. Do you know the retirement age in Russia? There is plenty of reserves to pick from, just don't worry. Russia is simply limiting the impact on civillian functions by avoiding a complete war footing. Ukraine, OTOH, is 100% dependent upon Western arms flow and that is even needed to slow down a Russian advance. 

With regards to T-62, have you thought about the fact that this is still good enough to take on simple ground troops, while keeping the Armatas, )='s and 80's at hand? Or are you saying that all the best Russian tanks are destroyed by Javelins? ANd your "sources" are CNN, BBC or Langley? HAHAHA

Russia is being COST-EFFECTIVE while the anglos are bleeding the Ukrianans dry and pissing a lot of Western FIAT into the drain. 

Support for this struggle in Russia is quite high. And the intensity of the support among people of critical value (i. e. military-age men) is VERY high. I would like to know the numbers for draftable kids in the EU AND USA. I know my son is not going to enter this mess, even if he has to say he is a pacifist and I told him so. In the USA, the support from draftable men is mediocre at best. The political division there has ensured that there is a lukewarm willingness from the main combat stock (white males) to die for FJB's war. 

Finally, "cracked" units is referring to the amount of Russians soldiers with significant combat experience. And it is not killing goat herders from 5 kilometers with sniper rifles or ramming weddings with drones. THAT is what is meant by cracked units.  The veterans from this conflict will be among the most battle-hardened combat cadre in modern times, along with the Tigers in Syria and the Golden division in Iraq. 

I think we have another cracked unit here tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Ukraine is outgunned at the present time, but they vastly outnumber Russia inside Ukraine

Vastly outnumbered by angry farmers and unemployed tour guides. The “Frankenstein Forces” must be trembling in their hobnailed boots. /s

Analysts say that Ukrainian units are well dug in and that Russian troops may sustain heavy casualties as they advance into urban areas.

That’s BBC talk for surrounded in Severodonetsk. Will the trapped UAF also be “evacuated”? 
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682 

The south has a glimmer of hope for Ukraine but Luhansk is done.

13 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Vastly outnumbered by angry farmers and unemployed tour guides. The “Frankenstein Forces” must be trembling in their hobnailed boots. /s

Analysts say that Ukrainian units are well dug in and that Russian troops may sustain heavy casualties as they advance into urban areas.

That’s BBC talk for surrounded in Severodonetsk. Will the trapped UAF also be “evacuated”? 
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682 

The south has a glimmer of hope for Ukraine but Luhansk is done.

Bit of hypocritical of you posting links from the BBC Haw-Haw when you think there not to be believed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

That’s BBC talk for surrounded in Severodonetsk.

You’re going to have to back that one up with more than conjecture. Everywhere I’ve read is Russia keeps trying to surround Severodonetsk, but keep getting the snot beat out of themselves in trying. Three sides yes, surround no. The problem is the fourth side is a narrow strip of land between the city and the river. Therefore every time Russia heads down that strip of land, they are getting shot at from both sides and quickly retreat. I know the media keeps talking like Severodonetsk is the grand prize and it is important. However without taking its sister city of Lysychansk it’s just one more step on the road. Problem is Lysychansk is on the other side of the river and Russia already blew up the bridges. Good luck with that, as it will make taking Severodonetsk look like a cake walk. A cake walk Russia is really just beginning. Looks like Russian plans to take Severodonetsk the really old fashion way, house to house as they say. Combat at its most brutal. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

You’re going to have to back that one up with more than conjecture. Everywhere I’ve read is Russia keeps trying to surround Severodonetsk, but keep getting the snot beat out of themselves in trying. Three sides yes, surround no. The problem is the fourth side is a narrow strip of land between the city and the river. Therefore every time Russia heads down that strip of land, they are getting shot at from both sides and quickly retreat. I know the media keeps talking like Severodonetsk is the grand prize and it is important. However without taking its sister city of Lysychansk it’s just one more step on the road. Problem is Lysychansk is on the other side of the river and Russia already blew up the bridges. Good luck with that, as it will make taking Severodonetsk look like a cake walk. A cake walk Russia is really just beginning. Looks like Russian plans to take Severodonetsk the really old fashion way, house to house as they say. Combat at its most brutal. 

OK, not surrounded. 3/4 surrounded with the Russians advancing into the city center. The UAF is 1/4 free to go backwards. 
https://www.barrons.com/news/russian-forces-advancing-on-centre-of-severodonetsk-ukraine-official-01653892207?tesla=y 

The impression I am getting of this conflict from reading many different sources is that the Donbass front is collapsing all-over. The question then becomes one of what does the Ukrainean army have as backup behind the main frontline East of Dnepr? 

The rapid Russian advance into SeveroDonetsk appears to be steady and a straight Western trust after this could form the basis for an envelopment of the second largest city in Ukraine (Kharkov).

If the Russians indeed intend to push up to the Dnepr, the usefullness of any (claimed) longer-ranged US artillery ordinance appears to be quite reduced. 

Finally, how large is the strategic reserve of Ukraine West of Dniepr? I think we will know within the next three days. 

41 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

The rapid Russian advance into SeveroDonetsk appears to be steady and a straight Western trust after this could form the basis for an envelopment of the second largest city in Ukraine (Kharkov

Zelenskyy left Kyiv yesterday to visit Kharkov to sack the commander there so Ukraine must be confident in that area. This is twice he has dismissed the security chiefs of cities that have fallen off under Russian control. Kharson - arrested, Kharkov - sacked. Mariupol - that was just odd. Seems as if Zelenskyy really does expect the UAF in each area to not surrender and save lives but to fight to the last man. 

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

Zelenskyy left Kyiv yesterday to visit Kharkov to sack the commander there so Ukraine must be confident in that area. This is twice he has dismissed the security chiefs of cities that have fallen off under Russian control. Kharson - arrested, Kharkov - sacked. Mariupol - that was just odd. Seems as if Zelenskyy really does expect the UAF in each area to not surrender and save lives but to fight to the last man. 

I highly doubt he had to visit Kharkiv in order to sack the commander. That said removal of under performing commanders is usually considered a good thing. War is very Darwinian, especially in the early phases. Of course that doesn’t really apply to Russian commanders as they usually die before they can be sacked. 

Oh and you don’t arrest commanders for not following orders. You arrest them when it’s suspected they were working for the other side … 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

I highly doubt he had to visit Kharkiv in order to sack the commander.

Oh and you don’t arrest commanders for not following orders. You arrest them when it’s suspected they were working for the other side … 

Bunker boy travelled outside Kyiv for the first time in 3 months to go to Kharkiv region, which is 30% under Russian control, for the obligatory photoshoot and to rally the troops? They don’t have Zoom?

Disobeying a direct order is sometimes punished with summary execution in the field so a military court seems preferable and more likely.
The Kherson general is labelled an anti hero for apparently surrendering, potentially saving the lives of thousands of the 300,000+ civilians  and not letting it turn into another Mariupol. Zelesnkyy calls him an anti hero and others says his actions are treason. Maybe he is pro Russian or just incompetent but who really knows. The kangaroo court will decide. 
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/27/residents-question-ease-of-russian-capture-of-ukraines-kherson

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

How many Generals has Putin sacked Haw-Haw? I mean the ones that haven't been killed. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 11:16 PM, NorskTiger said:

What do you mean by "like in the past" and how do you see that I would welcome anyone into my country?

I don't want Russians, Americans, Brits or Italians in our lands and the majority of people in Norway does NOT want foreign troops here. 

This is not OUR war. It is not OUR conflict and it definitely in not in OUR interest to supply EU with energy to keep the war going. 

Whether or not Russia invaded is not any of my business. They are not the first power to invade someone as of modern times. The difference is that when Russia does something "The West" takes a side on other side. When US invades someone, the West stays mum and the journalists are simply "embedded" with the troops. 

We are not in a bar chatting, so feel free to throw taunts at me all you want to. It is up to others to decided whether this crosses the line or not. I simply would like you to back up what you are saying, but don't expect you to. After all, you have no reason behind what you say, just bile and vitriole. 

The USA has come under serious criticism from friends and allies alike for some of its military decisions.No one stays mum and the western media has almost always maintained  its integrity.That's the difference between free countries of the  developed world and Russia. US nationals who protested US actions in the middle east or Afghanistan were not murdered or imprisoned as is the case in Russia now for those who question the Ukraine invasion. Many EU countries hosted anti USA rallies and no one was beaten up for it. It was western media and the US own military which identified illegal acts when they occurred. And the USA took decisive action against guilty parties. That's what happened at Abu Ghraib. Senior officers were demoted. Guards guilty of abuse were sent to hard labour for 10 years.  Compare that to the ongoing war crimes in the Ukraine where the Russians deny and lie despite documentation from eye witnesses, and CCTV. Russia is 50-100 years behind the free world  when it comes to transparency. The Russian conduct in Ukraine is similar to how Belgians  acted in the Congo, the Portuguese in Angola and the Dutch in Indonesia. The difference is that all of these countries have learnt from their mistakes and haven't reverted, but have progressed. Russia is still carrying on as if it was running one of its historic pogroms to kill off the jews in the Ukraine region. It must drive them made that  the son of jew holocaust survivors is the face of the Ukraine resistance.

I don't believe you have same views as much of Norwegian population. There is a reason why Okkupert was one of the most popular TV series in Norway. (For those who do not know, it is available on Netflix still I believe and is about the occupation of Norway by Russia aided by EU and seizure of Norway oil fields.) Viewers tuned in to see the Norwegians kill off the  the Russian occupiers and no one protested the violent  outcome. It was a TV series that predicted world events.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:51 PM, NorskTiger said:

WOW!! Now you are boasting about what fence sitters can do better with no evidence to back it up. Remember, the Russian army is not Libyan, Iraqi or Somali and the chances for NATO air superiority is probably zero. 

Like most wars, this one will end in a negotiated peace. It is up to Ukrainean leadership at what cost and and what time they want this peace. The price will probably increase the longer it goes on. Maybe Russia will push the entire UAF's  accross Dnepr and call it a day? So we will end up with a Korean ceasefire at the Dnepr. Would not surprise me...

You ignore the underlying principle that the world holds: Borders are not moveable, no matter how disputed. If countries could move borders as they wished, we would be in a perpetual state of war. It is a principle that even China and India adhere to and it is a principle that if  ignored will see Africa descend into war. Russia is punching above its sickly weight and it will eventually collapse from the strain of this idiocy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

18 minutes ago, Vigo said:

The USA has come under serious criticism from friends and allies alike for some of its military decisions.No one stays mum and the western media has almost always maintained  its integrity.That's the difference between free countries of the  developed world and Russia. US nationals who protested US actions in the middle east or Afghanistan were not murdered or imprisoned as is the case in Russia now for those who question the Ukraine invasion. Many EU countries hosted anti USA rallies and no one was beaten up for it. It was western media and the US own military which identified illegal acts when they occurred. And the USA took decisive action against guilty parties. That's what happened at Abu Ghraib. Senior officers were demoted. Guards guilty of abuse were sent to hard labour for 10 years.  Compare that to the ongoing war crimes in the Ukraine where the Russians deny and lie despite documentation from eye witnesses, and CCTV. Russia is 50-100 years behind the free world  when it comes to transparency. The Russian conduct in Ukraine is similar to how Belgians  acted in the Congo, the Portuguese in Angola and the Dutch in Indonesia. The difference is that all of these countries have learnt from their mistakes and haven't reverted, but have progressed. Russia is still carrying on as if it was running one of its historic pogroms to kill off the jews in the Ukraine region. It must drive them made that  the son of jew holocaust survivors is the face of the Ukraine resistance.

I don't believe you have same views as much of Norwegian population. There is a reason why Okkupert was one of the most popular TV series in Norway. (For those who do not know, it is available on Netflix still I believe and is about the occupation of Norway by Russia aided by EU and seizure of Norway oil fields.) Viewers tuned in to see the Norwegians kill off the  the Russian occupiers and no one protested the violent  outcome. It was a TV series that predicted world events.

You ignore the underlying principle that the world holds: Borders are not moveable, no matter how disputed. If countries could move borders as they wished, we would be in a perpetual state of war. It is a principle that even China and India adhere to and it is a principle that if  ignored will see Africa descend into war. Russia is punching above its sickly weight and it will eventually collapse from the strain of this idiocy.

You talk a big game about how Russia will suffer, but where is the evidence of that? Who will be fighting Russia? And how much loss of living standard will the Western "democracies" be able to tolerate? 

Most of the genuine criticism of the USA foreign policy is shut down and what you often see in media is controlled rhetoric. Julian Assange and Manning are the best examples of what happens to Western journalists if you point of war crimes of the West. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

You talk a big game about how Russia will suffer, but where is the evidence of that? Who will be fighting Russia? And how much loss of living standard will the Western "democracies" be able to tolerate? 

Most of the genuine criticism of the USA foreign policy is shut down and what you often see in media is controlled rhetoric. Julian Assange and Manning are the best examples of what happens to Western journalists if you point of war crimes of the West. 

And what you see from the Russian media is either nothing, or controlled propaganda.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

The impression I am getting of this conflict from reading many different sources is that the Donbass front is collapsing all-over. The question then becomes one of what does the Ukrainean army have as backup behind the main frontline East of Dnepr? 

The rapid Russian advance into SeveroDonetsk appears to be steady and a straight Western trust after this could form the basis for an envelopment of the second largest city in Ukraine (Kharkov).

If the Russians indeed intend to push up to the Dnepr, the usefullness of any (claimed) longer-ranged US artillery ordinance appears to be quite reduced. 

Finally, how large is the strategic reserve of Ukraine West of Dniepr? I think we will know within the next three days. 

The impression I am getting is that the Ukrainians are indeed having a hard time in the Donbass but the collapse word is not being used. If Ukraine is pushed back west then I think the question then becomes "how far can the Russians push before their own forces become over-extended and vulnerable to being outflanked?" The Ukrainian Army will have reserves but you can't expect them to tell anyone how many, what and where. 

There has been no "rapid" Russian advance anywhere. This war is into month four. Any advances are small and uneven gains (from reading my many different sources, of course). The usefulness of extra massed long range artillery is yet to be seen but it will certainly make a difference in any situation.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fester said:

The impression I am getting is that the Ukrainians are indeed having a hard time in the Donbass but the collapse word is not being used. If Ukraine is pushed back west then I think the question then becomes "how far can the Russians push before their own forces become over-extended and vulnerable to being outflanked?" The Ukrainian Army will have reserves but you can't expect them to tell anyone how many, what and where. 

There has been no "rapid" Russian advance anywhere. This war is into month four. Any advances are small and uneven gains (from reading my many different sources, of course). The usefulness of extra massed long range artillery is yet to be seen but it will certainly make a difference in any situation.

Let's try to clarify some things here. First of all, I do not think you can deny that the Russian advances into Severnodonetsk neral strategic advance, have been rapid.  When it comes to the general advance of Russia, there is no chance of overextension as they are being slow, but steady. Rapid tactical thrusts into one city does not imply overextension on a larger scale. 

The reality of the Ukrainean army is that there are little strategic reserves West of Dniepr to enable large scale counterattacks. This is not a time where massing and concentration of larger units can go unnoticed, so larger gatherings should be easy to spot. The area between Dniepr and Donetsk is tank terrain like nothing else, so a summer with drying up lands will enable larger Russian units to bypass cities and go to the Eastern Dniepr River banks without much effort, if that indeed is their intents. 

You are correct that we do not know what importance a gathering of larger ranged artillery will have. The sheer task of bringing US artillery accross the entire Ukraine to the Western banks of Dniepr will definitely not be an easy one. The logistics of this when Russia controls the airspace will be a significant challenge.  More importantly, let's assume it will get there, what will it be good for? Artillery is great as infantry support and as softening device for larger offensives, but otherwise not very useful in offense. So we are left with it's possible role as a defensive standoff weapon to slow Russian advances. These are no "Wunderwaffen" and rarely has the introduction of new arms into an established battlefield been sufficient to make a difference on the ground.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Transam said:

Near all the Western shops have closed their doors in Russia, cannot even buy a Big Mac... 😢 ....ten's of thousands of young Big Mac munchers are now in their own box, and all for what, absolutely nothing...🥴

I don't see the catastrophy in Russian people not getting hold of a big mac. Where I live there is no US junk food within 250 kilometers and our kids are much better off. 

The extra bonus to this is of course that it makes anglos a little bit less likely to choose our area to have vacation is. 

No Starbucks here either.  You can actually go an entire day without hearing or seeing anglos around ;)

• Haha 1