News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Fanta said:

Aviation as in those drones perhaps? Or maybe those cunning Ukrainians rebuilt their Air Force from the boxes of nuts and bolts the US recently sent. 

And maybe it was a mix of artillery, drones and jets? The Ukrainian AF was never completely destroyed but has been in reserve for priority missions, such as this. If the Russians had succeeded in this crossing at  the Siversky Donets River, there was a risk that several Ukrainian units would have been surrounded and lost. Instead the Russians ended up losing at least half a battalion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Semantics - the study of reference, meaning, or truth.
I see you clicked the links.  Learning some thing every day. Well done!
I also wonder why Ukraine never held a referendum. Russian referendums are dismissed as coerced so that explains your point of view. I don’t know. I’ll leave that for others to debate. I wonder how babushka is getting along…. 

Ukraine never held a referendum? Hmm? There have been three I can see but I think that the attached one covers it.

Ukraine. Independence Referendum 1991:

92% yes, including: Luhansk 84% /  Donetsk 84% / Crimea 54%.

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/u/ukraine/ukraine-independence-referendum-1991.html

• Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Fester said:

Ukraine never held a referendum? Hmm? There have been three I can see but I think that the attached one covers it.

Ukraine. Independence Referendum 1991:

92% yes, including: Luhansk 84% /  Donetsk 84% / Crimea 54%.

https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/u/ukraine/ukraine-independence-referendum-1991.html

1991? Soviet Union Days… 

How about 2014 Crimea and 2014 Donbas regions for something more relevant albeit disputed by the usual players. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Crimean_status_referendum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Donbas_status_referendums

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

1991? Soviet Union Days… 

How about 2014 Crimea and 2014 Donbas regions for something more relevant albeit disputed by the usual players. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Crimean_status_referendum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Donbas_status_referendums

And you said Ukraine had never held a referendum! 🤣

Both of these were basically "supervised" by the Russians but not recognized in Ukraine nor anywhere else.

You are the weakest link....goodbye! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fester said:

Both of these were basically "supervised" by the Russians but not recognized in Ukraine nor anywhere else.

Still living in the days of the USSR? Seems so.. A referendum held 31 years ago is hardly modern times. And you believe the Russian overseen referendums were coerced but not the Ukrainian overseen referendums. Probably, right? 

24 minutes ago, Fester said:

And you said Ukraine had never held a referendum! 🤣

My bad. I believed RookieScot when he wrote that the people in the “tiny” Donbas region had never been asked. Is he now the weakest link? Here a song he knows - “Wish him luck as you wave him goodbye, cheerio here he goes on his way” 

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

This again. Conscripts to rebuild a shattered army…. sigh…Where is the footage of 1,000s of Russian POWs and wounded or at least a few hundred deserters? Where is the footage of the 1,000s of Russian dead? The Ukrainian priests of propaganda would be “accidentally” leaking these and more with glee if they existed. I am surprised the remnants of the Ukrainian phone system isn’t overwhelmed by compassionate Ukrainian soldiers calling Russian mothers to tell them their sons had died. 

Most Western countries have reporters in Ukraine. I saw during a report of one bodybags with Russian soldiers stacked in a train wagon (parts of uniform and shoes visible). The question was:"what do we do, can they be transported back to Russia?"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Most Western countries have reporters in Ukraine. I saw during a report of one bodybags with Russian soldiers stacked in a train wagon (parts of uniform and shoes visible). The question was:"what do we do, can they be transported back to Russia?"

I saw that. Sky News I think. Refrigerated  train carriages? 170 dead. My question was about the Ukraine claims. So they can exchange POWs but not dead soldiers? Distasteful use of the dead for propaganda purposes. 

4 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I saw that. Sky News I think. Refrigerated  train carriages? 170 dead. My question was about the Ukraine claims. So they can exchange POWs but not dead soldiers? Distasteful use of the dead for propaganda purposes. 

Seems Russia doesn't want them back... How can they explain all those death soldiers to the people when the military action is going so well?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Semantics - the study of reference, meaning, or truth.
I see you clicked the links.  Learning some thing every day. Well done!
I also wonder why Ukraine never held a referendum. Russian referendums are dismissed as coerced so that explains your point of view. I don’t know. I’ll leave that for others to debate. I wonder how babushka is getting along…. 

Right so I am correct in saying the Russian backed terrorists only controled a PART of Donbass.

You being pedantic over words teaches no-one anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Seems Russia doesn't want them back... How can they explain all those death soldiers to the people when the military action is going so well?

It seems highly unlikely that the Russians will just dump their dead and hope the problem will go away. Not good for morale in the Army or at home. Momma Olga will worry that baby Boris doesn’t answer his phone so there is no way they can hide the individual deaths. Admitting the totals is a different story. Apparently Prada published 9,600 dead and 15,000 wounded but that lasted only a few hours on their website before removal.

51 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Still living in the days of the USSR? Seems so.. A referendum held 31 years ago is hardly modern times. And you believe the Russian overseen referendums were coerced but not the Ukrainian overseen referendums. Probably, right? 

My bad. I believed RookieScot when he wrote that the people in the “tiny” Donbas region had never been asked. Is he now the weakest link? Here a song he knows - “Wish him luck as you wave him goodbye, cheerio here he goes on his way” 

Oh you getting rattled now boy.

Not had any good news lately? Have all your pro Czar Putin claims been torn up to the point they are useless now?

Have all the other Putinbots left you here on your own?

Now dry those salty tears. I'm sure Czar Putin will still invite you to his Black Sea palace (which does not exist obviously).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah well you need to shell the living liberation out of people.

Its the latest thing don't you know.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fanta said:

It seems highly unlikely that the Russians will just dump their dead and hope the problem will go away. Not good for morale in the Army or at home. Momma Olga will worry that baby Boris doesn’t answer his phone so there is no way they can hide the individual deaths. Admitting the totals is a different story. Apparently Prada published 9,600 dead and 15,000 wounded but that lasted only a few hours on their website before removal.

And how would Momma Olga ever know the truth?

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And how would Momma Olga ever know the truth?

Because even murdering, raping, looting Russian soldiers have mothers and friends. Baby Boris was popular/infamous amongst his fellow beasts. So if his friends don’t tell Momma Olga, his friends’ mothers, Momma Anna, Momma Sofia or Momma Mariya, will. 

Just now, Fanta said:

Because even murdering, raping, looting Russian soldiers have mothers and friends. Baby Boris was popular/infamous amongst his fellow beasts. So if his friends don’t tell Momma Olga, his friends’ mothers, Momma Anna, Momma Sofia or Momma Mariya, will. 

They won't know either. And of course with all the censorship and monitoring in Czar Putins Russia anyone who does know the truth will be too afraid to say it.

So the official line will be Baby Boris went for a picnic in the forest on his own. Probably eaten by a bear. No compensation for you Momma Olga. 

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah well you need to shell the living liberation out of people.

vlad the vacuous would not be amused. Please try to be more considerate. Say 10 x  “Hail Zelenskkys” and remember that only Russians harm civilians. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

They won't know either. And of course with all the censorship and monitoring in Czar Putins Russia anyone who does know the truth will be too afraid to say it.

So the official line will be Baby Boris went for a picnic in the forest on his own. Probably eaten by a bear. No compensation for you Momma Olga. 

What is more viral than Covid? Women gossip. I said it.. please don’t report me to #metoo.

56 minutes ago, Fanta said:

First there had been no referendum and now they have to have been run in "modern times". 🤣

Your version of  "modern times" really means Russian times. The 1991 referendum was the only national one and this was done as preparation for the dissolution of the USSR in the same month of December. This referendum indicated that the Donbass region majorities were all for independence, including from Russia. 

So you're still the weakest link. Ta ta.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

vlad the vacuous would not be amused. Please try to be more considerate. Say 10 x  “Hail Zelenskkys” and remember that only Russians harm civilians. 

Oh so one utterly discredited fool makes a post saying "One person was injured" and that makes up for the thousands of Ukrainians who have been killed by indiscriminate shelling and missile fire which we have all seen with our own eyes.

Was it a theater sheltering hundreds which had the words CHILDREN painted outside it? Was it a school? Was it a hospital?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

What is more viral than Covid? Women gossip. I said it.. please don’t report me to #metoo.

Who stay thousands of miles from each other.

Get with reality and stop with the nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fester said:

And maybe it was a mix of artillery, drones and jets? The Ukrainian AF was never completely destroyed but has been in reserve for priority missions, such as this. If the Russians had succeeded in this crossing at  the Siversky Donets River, there was a risk that several Ukrainian units would have been surrounded and lost. Instead the Russians ended up losing at least half a battalion.

Looks like this shows the aftermath of the river crossing. What a mess!

I wonder if they've managed to get some of their new presents in range?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fester said:

First there had been no referendum and now they have to have been run in "modern times". 🤣

Take it up with your platoon leader. Times change. Sawadi Khup 

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

Take it up with your platoon leader. Times change. Sawadi Khup 

You're having a bad day of it, eh? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fester said:

Looks like this shows the aftermath of the river crossing. What a mess!

I wonder if they've managed to get some of their new presents in range?

Craters are too small for 155's. That has been done with suicide drones.

So yeah maybe the new toys are working.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Who stay thousands of miles from each other.

Get with reality and stop with the nonsense.

They don’t have mobile phones and live in huts without electricity or mail in villages thousand of miles apart? Come into the 21st century and stop with the denial. Don’t you have some atonement to do?