News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Really?  Ask the BBC - their reporting of the war is as balanced as a one legged tightrope walker. They even quote IWS as a credible source.

“Ukraine defenses are holding for now
Ukrainian troops are outnumbered three-to-one in the region.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682

So that report says Russian forces are failing in their renewed objectives.

Hmmmm. I wonder why that is. Maybe the Russian thugs are avoiding total rout. For now.

10 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

That question would also be one for Zelensky, don't you think?

That is the problem, with war: 

War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other.

Paul Valery

Have you lost the plot?

Here is another quote. "War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing".

Edwin Star.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

So that report says Russian forces are failing in their renewed objectives.

Hmmmm. I wonder why that is. Maybe the Russian thugs are avoiding total rout. For now.

I don’t know where you get all of your delusions from but I admire your dedication to them. Next thing you’ll be telling me that Ukrainian losses of 144 tanks out of 6,000 after 2 months at war sounds about right or perhaps a tad overstated. 

Just now, Fanta said:

I don’t know where you get all of your delusions from but I admire your dedication to them. Next thing you’ll be telling me that Ukrainian losses of 144 tanks out of 6,000 after 2 months at war sounds about right or perhaps a tad overstated. 

I have no idea how many tanks the Ukraine has lost. And neither do you.

What matters is how many they have left compared to Czar Putins thugs. 

Lets face it. The Ukraine is being supplied faster than the Russians are.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

That question would also be one for Zelensky, don't you think?

That is the problem, with war: 

War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other.

Paul Valery

Them that start the war doesn't get a choice how it ends. 

:Marble-eye

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh and if I post a picture of a tree with no Russian soldiers there it means the invasion never happened?

Get a grip.

Oh, no one is questioning , that this invasion has happened. Is still happening

YOU just asked for pictures WITHOUT any Russian Z , V or O on it. Right?

Me:

I still think, at every picture of a destroyed Russian Tank in the medias: Was that destroyed  Tank a Russian Tank from the Russians, or was it one from the Russian Tanks, the Ukrainians had?

You:

Usually you can see the half arsed Z, V or indeed O painted on them even after they have been burnt out.

Russian tanks not so good. Russian paint bloody brilliant. 

Me:

But there are lots of pictures out, of destroyed Russian tanks WITHOUT a Z to spot.

But as long they write  "a destroyed Russian tank", it is technically not even a lie, is it?

You:

Please provide those pictures.

Me, NOW:

What are we doing now with the pictures of , perhaps, unreported being destroyed Ukrainian tanks?

or:

I still think, at every picture of a destroyed Russian Tank in the medias: Was that destroyed  Tank a Russian Tank from the Russians, or was it one from the Russian Tanks, the Ukrainians had?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Exactly. First of all both sides mostly use same type of Soviet weapons. (Ukraine was a biggest warehouse for all these stuff) as first line of defense from western attack. Later you can paint everything you want Z or V or even XYЙ and sale it to BBC News.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh so something that happened over a hundred years ago is relevant now?

Your boys are dying for NOTHING. Czar Putin is a failure. The war is now pointless. 

We will see it soon. Is the history means nothing.

By the way why you so worry about? Its your personal war? Or you're ukranian?

8 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

Nato states agree to supply heavy weapons to Ukraine

https://www.ft.com/content/1c0e6e15-c8fe-4a84-99dc-12b6836bf0f4

NATO certainly takes part in this war as the main supplier of weapons to Ukraine, trains the Ukrainian military, and provides Ukraine with intelligence.

and provides political support for Ukraine  & sanctions against Russia and places large numbers of NATO troops & equipment on NATO lands and encourages new NATO members etc etc .

So What ? That is what capable responsible Allies do against Enemy. 
What’s Your Point? That NATO should NOT do all this so not perform their sworn duty to counter the Russian Menace ? 

9 hours ago, Fanta said:

Can you explain away the 55,969 police recorded rapes in England and Wales last year? You might find your explanation is the answer you seek. 
https://www.statista.com/statistics/283100/recorded-rape-offences-in-england-and-wales/ 

You must be completely deranged. How low can you get.
Yes, in the West rape hapens unfortunately, but offenders are chased by justice and punished.
That is no excuse for what happens in Ukraine, where rape happens on a daily base as part of the Russian offensive and is allowed by superiors.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Del_SoL said:

By the way why you so worry about? Its your personal war? Or you're ukranian?

No we are human with a sense of morality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

No we are human with a sense of morality.

Wow! Look at that! Western thiefs, liars and murders came to learn us "Morality".

Come on, boy.

5 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

Believe me, in the Russian mainstream media and the Internet, Russia is also declared a holy fighter against world evil in the face of the West.

By? Oh let me guess.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 7:46 PM, EdwardV said:

The west attacked Russia in 2014? Wow that’s a stretch to say the least. I get Russia felt the need to keep Ukraine from being aligned with the west. At the same time, the west felt the need to keep Ukraine from becoming a Russian satellite state putting even more troops next to NATO members. Russians ever seem to realize that point exists too. Ukraine had been neutral since breaking with the Soviet Union. It was Russia who first changed the status quo. 

Russia does not consider itself to be at war with NATO over Ukraine since such a development would increase the risks of a nuclear war, RIA news agency cited Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov as saying on Friday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-does-not-consider-itself-war-with-nato-blames-kyiv-talks-deadlock-2022-04-29/

Seems Russia doesn’t agree with you.

I spoke about the mood in the Russian media.  Lavrov is a diplomat, according to his status, he needs to say this until the very last moment.  

Russian hawks, by the way, are very critical of the authorities for excessive humanity and peacefulness and demand more Ukrainian blood.  

If you think that NATO and Russia are not at war, albeit a proxy, that is your right.  

But photos of captured NATO military equipment appear daily on the Russian Internet, which suggests otherwise.

Edited by Faz
Phot in breach of forum rules removed.

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So you believe that?

no, I don't believe it, just as I don't believe the Euro-American mainstream media about this war.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

and provides political support for Ukraine  & sanctions against Russia and places large numbers of NATO troops & equipment on NATO lands and encourages new NATO members etc etc .

So What ? That is what capable responsible Allies do against Enemy. 
What’s Your Point? That NATO should NOT do all this so not perform their sworn duty to counter the Russian Menace ? 

let's agree that if you enter a meeting room of two people, you will read the story from the conversation, thank you.  

I argued the position that NATO is taking part in this conflict on the side of Ukraine, my opponents disagree with this, contrary to the evidence available.  

By the way, you are on my side in this dispute.

33 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

But photos of captured NATO military equipment appear daily on the Russian Internet, which suggests otherwise.

That’s not proof the two are at war, show me pictures of captured NATO soldiers. Supplying weapons to one side or even both is as long as war, doesn’t mean you are fighting too. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

The world needs to plainly eliminate all of the a-holes like this and let the people be people in a joined freindly world

eliminating these people will not change the economic and political systems they lead.  

Instead, new Putin, Xi and a fat man from Korea will appear.  You need another way, more efficient.  

The world is ruled not by individuals (even outstanding ones), but by classes.

2 hours ago, Del_SoL said:

Sure. Cocaine stoned puppet "Zelenskiy" knows if he touch the pipeline it will cut off him 1.4 billion $ offshore account and his British passport. (By the way its illegal by ukranian laws to have second citizenship, but who cares.)

If you think those pipeline will last more than a few more months, we’ll good luck with that. Either one of Russia’s many off target missiles or artillery shells will hit it, or Ukrainian sappers will take it out. It’s just a question of when. Right now Ukraine hasn’t not because they are getting paid, but because it would PO Germany. They are not ready to do that just yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

That’s not proof the two are at war, show me pictures of captured NATO soldiers. Supplying weapons to one side or even both is as long as war, doesn’t mean you are fighting too. 

the presence of soldiers on the front line, as the main criterion for participation in the war, is a delusion.  

I operate with the real state of affairs, not formal definitions.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

I operate with the real state of affairs, not formal definitions.

Well that is the traditional (read “real”) definition, when the soldiers (in or out of uniform) of the two countries are in actual combat. The more legal  legal definition is when one side or both declare war against each other. Pretty sure your definition could apply to so many situations that it loses any real meaning. 

If the two sides are actually at war, why hasn’t Russia attacked the supply line inside Poland? Sure is a big fat target which would do a huge amount of damage to Ukraine’s war effort. If at war, no reason not to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

no, I don't believe it, just as I don't believe the Euro-American mainstream media about this war.

I have read so much from your and your opposites posting contradictive rebuttal to your some what preconceived or maybe really conceived prejudices.

It is entertaining to a point as I read the back and forth over time and you certainly seem to be a smart man of intellect, but the point is from what I have seen from my standpoint for all of the everything having all now put aside, is that Putin is at best a delusional maniacal guy who has crossed the line too many times of trying to be a humanitarian for the good of the world or for the golden sake of Russia. Sorry. He is a dictator, thief and humanitarian wise a total criminal. He sort of reminds me of like a Idi Amin, but the thing about Idi is that he was saturate with syphilis infection and this eventually diluted and corrupted his mind and brain to have any rational thoughts at any point of being ok. And this was especially crushing against his own country blood of his own people.

Well, seems Putin, he has of the same sort of behavior more than ever of now as of today, and so has no love or allegiance or real love for his people and is irrational becoming an international nutcase and worry for humanity. But basically he is just an arse-hole chip off the block of an iron fisted suppressive ruthless dickhead ruler as is of his stature looking as if of you can hear him or see him saying – “ I hate all common Russian folk” as they are undesirable too common and below me. He sees himself as a god. He is a complete racist against the Russian folk and is a complete self-absorbed narcissist a-hole. Nothing less but more than that. Little big man complex who now has a degenerative debilitating disease eating his common body up. OOO ohh what a shame for this putz ahole.

Honestly, I see you as an intelligent guy, but if you are so strongly aligned with Putin and continue to make excuses for him and the why he has invaded and done the atrocities against the country of Ukraine and its non-Nazi folk and good people, then you are part of the problem, and this goes way farther than just Putin and his insecurities and his BS invasion of the Ukraine an annexing Crimea.

Nazis? And he softest definition of what a Nazi stands for? Isn’t it white folk at #1?

Can we stop, or can you stop with vilifying the western governments and Nato or whatever? From what I see is that the USA folk love or like Russian people. We find Russians interesting and nice to have an interaction with sometimes. I like Russian folk, but it comes to a point now that I am becoming irritable and non-tolerative of Pro-War mongering Pro Putin Arese wipes with an excuse saying o he I soooooooo right. Well, he is not right and even close to be ok and not racist, but he is a huge negative blow for humanity on all levels.

Don’t point the evil crooked finger you have on your hand trying to make yourself feel good comrade, it is not working and is nurturing a divide. But I will say again that you are a smart cunning fellow, but if as I see it, if you are a Pro-Putin or Pro-Russia war shaker to be a relevant person, then we are totally on different sides of the spectrum and we probably would have a hard time to be friends.

I have been in Thailand near 30 years, so I am a bit changed from the pro-American guy I used to be. I am pro people, but yes do still love the USA, but I also have some best friends from Switzerland, Thailand, Viet Nam and the USA. No country is perfect, but you are blowing a horn in the totally wrong direction for the USSR Russia and Putin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

eliminating these people will not change the economic and political systems they lead.  

Instead, new Putin, Xi and a fat man from Korea will appear.  You need another way, more efficient.  

The world is ruled not by individuals (even outstanding ones), but by classes.

How about leading the way with a suggestion in this forum to help us band together for the good of humanity? You are a smart guy as I have noticed. And I mean that sincerely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alavan said:

You must be completely deranged. How low can you get.
Yes, in the West rape hapens unfortunately, but offenders are chased by justice and punished.
That is no excuse for what happens in Ukraine, where rape happens on a daily base as part of the Russian offensive and is allowed by superiors.

It is called putting things in perspective. The hysterical claim was made that all Russian soldiers are murderers, rapists and thieves. If you read the ongoing replies my intent is quite clear. Do you have any credible link to support your claim  that rape is being used as a weapon of war and condoned by superiors?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Lets face it. The Ukraine is being supplied faster than the Russians are.

Are they really? The Russians are claiming to have destroyed 2,000+ tanks and most of the Air Force. From what I have read  those losses haven’t been replaced yet let alone boosted. 

• Like 1