Bicycles in Phuket

Emily

Is anyone familiar with bike riding in Phuket? I’m looking for advice on:

-Where to purchase or make a long term rental on a bike in Phuket?

-Is Phuket a bike friendly city? (Are there places to park/lock your bike near public beaches, parks, etc.?)

-Any other advice on this topic?

thank you!! 

11 hours ago, Emily said:

Is anyone familiar with bike riding in Phuket? I’m looking for advice on:

-Where to purchase or make a long term rental on a bike in Phuket?

-Is Phuket a bike friendly city? (Are there places to park/lock your bike near public beaches, parks, etc.?)

-Any other advice on this topic?

thank you!! 

Ha-ha, those are questions that could mark you out as the incurable optimistic! Only joking, and whilst personally having no knowledge, here, I will ask a colleague who may be able to advise you further,

Hello, Emily and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Hi, Emily!

My good buddy, KaptainRob, had this to say . . .

You could point her to my mate Brian in Patong. 

blackadder_2001@hotmail.com

Brian and wife Cat, not only have a large scooter hire business but also travel and tour booking (sites (currently closed)  If Brian can't help no-one can.

Try emailing. I hope that comes good!

KC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Emily

If you are talking about Cycling instead of motorised bikes then Phuket traffic is not cycle friendly in the most part but there are some great places to cycle, all the hire ones i have seen are in quite bad shape so it may be better to bring your own. Most airlines have good rates on excess baggage that is sports equipment and a bike case is classed as sports gear. as far as locking them up at beaches i would not recommend it.

If you are talking motorbikes then there are plenty of places to rent them