News Forum - Thailand’s PM Prayut orders health services to prepare for Songkran Covid spike

Thaiger

Government spokespersons announced yesterday that Thailand’s PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered the country’s health institutes to prepare for a spike in Covid-19 infections following the Songkran holiday, when people return to work. This includes the Ministry of Public Health, and other state agencies. Today, there are 128 new Covid-19 related deaths, and 17,775 new cases recorded. A spokesperson said, however, that Prayut is confident that Thailand has adequate medical supplies and healthcare resources for the current situation. Thailand’s National Health Security Office has more staff working on its hotline to meet the expected demand for help with Covid-19 care and […]

The story Thailand’s PM Prayut orders health services to prepare for Songkran Covid spike as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Unless there is a spike in hospitalizations from actual symptomatic cases, then there is nothing to prepare for. 

Doubt health services are unprepared after so many months/years.  It is their ongoing job 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Doubt health services are unprepared after so many months/years.  It is their ongoing job 

That’s what’s so utterly frustrating reading these stories and comments by Politicians. If I was in the health service I’d be f*%king outraged by the suggestion that some how we need the PM to direct us on matters he know nothing about. A total insult to the profession and anyone reading the article. I do wish media outlets like the Bangkok Post would stop writing in this manner

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s what’s so utterly frustrating reading these stories and comments by Politicians. If I was in the health service I’d be f*%king outraged by the suggestion that some how we need the PM to direct us on matters he know nothing about. A total insult to the profession and anyone reading the article. I do wish media outlets like the Bangkok Post would stop writing in this manner

It's either General Cheezeball ordering it or the Engineer bozo sticking his uneducated finger into it. I agree that the Thai medical sector knows more or less of what is on the horizon after this open travel helps the omicron to fester. The most disgusting thing this person does is stick his regime nose into everything and everyone's business. I still cannot get over him telling Lum Yai to stop twerking. What a Putz.

• Like 1

So the ol crooner is ordering the medical professionals around. Why are we surprised, he can only bark orders, he has nothing to offer in the way of creating a better situation and no-one is listening to him anyway. It is interesting that Bob the Builder has been a tad quiet over recent days and as for the watch dealer he got his chubby butt kicked for slapping his face on billboards all over the place. The  flea circus will stagger on for a few more months but very soon there will be street protests breaking out all over the place as people realise the ruling mob can only think of mass control and not economic rehabilitation.

• Like 1

Love the term covid related deaths 🙄 give the full story of these deaths? 70% are probably road accidents. Too Iggy of a death rate to cases ratio. Any reason to stop the tourism industry rebounding back. Control freaks 

yes sir, mr. chan o chan. thanks for your concern! what would we do without you? we'll all be on condition red - high alert for unusual high incidences of coughing, sneezing, runny noses, post songkran.