PM Prayut asks everyone to work together towards reopening

Thaiger

Now that it’s been a half week since PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced that Thailand will be reopening in 120 days, mid-October, multitudes of plans are underway to get the country ready. In a statement online tonight, the prime minister asked for unity, requesting people and government offices to work together to achieve this massive undertaking. PM Prayut reiterated his declaration of Thailand’s reopening, saying that the 120 day period is not an exact countdown set in stone, but rather a preparation period meant to give a timeframe for provinces to ready themselves for reopening. One big factor is the need […]

The post PM Prayut asks everyone to work together towards reopening appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I would really *love* it if somebody would define "reopening". Is it extending the sandbox model with an SHA+ stay of 14 days? Is it a semi-quarantine/sandbox a la Koh Samui? Sealed routes? Restricted districts? What are the metrics they will use to judge success?

If this is just a "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" operation it is actually working against itself. People who are thinking about coming in August, October, or even for high season will be starting to plan now. If they don't even know what the possibilities are they are going to plan their valuable time toward certainty, not guesswork.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

where the vaccine ? to achieve the target mr pm that you have failed to deliver months ago all very well to work together, the public have observed the rules for nearly 20 months and losing faith in the current government promises

• Cool 1

One thing I have not seen covered in all this opening up and ‘sandbox’ discussion - with special regard to Phuket - is the inevitable influx of bar, restaurant and other workers that opening up will bring.  Thousands have left Phuket and gone home to their families in the provinces.  It’s all very well vaccinating those currently on the island, but if large numbers return to work without vaccinations and from provinces with higher infection rates, the effort is largely wasted - there is significant risk the virus will be brought in, and those not fully vaccinated will contract it - and so might some who have been. Infection rates are still rising nationally - there’s a danger that pushing this scheme too early to save face will do more harm than good.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Barney said:

there’s a danger that pushing this scheme too early to save face will do more harm than good.

Yes, I'm sure you're right . . . we can only wait and hope.

Hello, Barney and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

1 hour ago, Barney said:

One thing I have not seen covered in all this opening up and ‘sandbox’ discussion - with special regard to Phuket - is the inevitable influx of bar, restaurant and other workers that opening up will bring.  Thousands have left Phuket and gone home to their families in the provinces.  It’s all very well vaccinating those currently on the island, but if large numbers return to work without vaccinations and from provinces with higher infection rates, the effort is largely wasted - there is significant risk the virus will be brought in, and those not fully vaccinated will contract it - and so might some who have been. Infection rates are still rising nationally - there’s a danger that pushing this scheme too early to save face will do more harm than good.

However, it may result in a happy ending, or 2 ... :)

• Haha 2

At least there is some sense of a plan, a target, a timeline. Defining some milestones on the road back to something like normal, would be even better. People can work to a plan. People can put their efforts behind a well thought out plan. I think the restart of Phuket's tourism will be a staged progression. I know that many of the usual population who work in various aspects of Phuket life aren't there right now. They have gone back to their home villages to survive. So it will be a very different Phuket that people return to. Having said that, there are tourists who didn't want the bars, bar girls etc etc. The prospect of a holiday in a Phuket that hasn't had the tourist damage to beaches, natural wonders and attractions would be wonderful.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

The prospect of a holiday in a Phuket that hasn't had the tourist damage to beaches, natural wonders and attractions would be wonderful.

Yes, an interesting conception, there and an excellent debut post.

Hello, Jason and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

PS  I've edited in the text from your double-post and will delete that one . . . okay?

Dear k. Prayut, if no help from banks loans under government guaranty, most cannot re-invest to fail once more. At this time as resort GM all banks refused loans when seeing damaged 2020 balance sheet, thus, propaganda to help has no meaning yet... Thank you

1 hour ago, Jason said:

At least there is some sense of a plan, a target, a timeline. Defining some milestones on the road back to something like normal, would be even better. People can work to a plan. People can put their efforts behind a well thought out plan. I think the restart of Phuket's tourism will be a staged progression. I know that many of the usual population who work in various aspects of Phuket life aren't there right now. They have gone back to their home villages to survive. So it will be a very different Phuket that people return to. Having said that, there are tourists who didn't want the bars, bar girls etc etc. The prospect of a holiday in a Phuket that hasn't had the tourist damage to beaches, natural wonders and attractions would be wonderful.

The beaches were indeed pristine up until oil and tar balls washed ashore. 

Andaman sea currents and prevailing winds are likely to deliver a lot more of the X-Press Pearl's oil and chemical on beaches up and down the coasts of Burma, Thailand and Indonesia.

The ship sank off Columbo over 2 weeks ago following a chemical fire.

Why listen to him? He does not listen to the people at all, they want he leaves and he does not, time to listen Prayut to the Thai people, why should we listen to you or any rule you make? Arrest me I could care less you nothing nothing me besides the KI I step  over and walk on

Not that long ago PM asked everyone to work together on fighting this pandemic, i guess priorities changed. I just wonder what would be next? You should know me already, i just being sarcastic...

• Cool 1