News Forum - Thailand officials plan to propose Test & Go cancellation in upcoming meeting

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Mehimherwhy said:

I have never come across so many old washer women on one site before.

Sounds like the new term for those that have been making the political decisions ……. Especially the emergency decree!

• Haha 1

All conditions of entry must be cancelled all this procrastination will almost certainly mean high season will be lost for another year. The risk of infection is far greater from within Thailand than from International tourists 

In difference to many other countries it has almost always been possible to return back to Thailand, albeit the documentations and quarantine needed.  This has gradually been eased. 

Thailand and the world is ready for a last step, no more Thailand pass, no more quarantine. Now is the right time.  It will make a huge change. 

I don't mind if they keep the vaccination requirements, this is no issue for me. . And who can afford Thailand holidays should be able to pay for travel insurance. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Politenessman said:

Thailand has porous land borders, testing tourists who come by air allows them to be seen to be doing something and to pretend that what they are doing is not ineffectual.

Spot on comments. Seen to be doing something is the name of the game in Thailand. It never ceases to amaze me how most Thais swallow the BS. That’s why it’s normal for the PM and Ministers to make ridiculous statements and “order” or “Instruct” people who are already getting on and doing their jobs. You get crap like “PM orders border security to be vigilant”. As opposed to what exactly? Such empty statements are the accepted norm. There are never any tangible plans with targets.  

5 hours ago, Mehimherwhy said:

No matter what any one does it won't stop you lot from the norm off ripping other people's country to bits at every given opportunity will it.

I have never come across so many old washer women on one site before. Better than any stand up comic shows

Yes, people who are giving actual real world feedback that directly explains why tourists are not coming and not bringing in the millions of THB that the Thai economy desperately needs.

Some would call that "constructive criticism" others, perhaps not so perceptive, might say they were "ripping other people's country to bits" and call them old washer women...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Paulw said:

Personally I have seen enough overwhelming evidence that this entire Covid scenario is a fast and $$$$ motivated but none the less it is here in every country across the planet. 

If Thailand is serious about getting tourism back on track they should impose only 2 entry rules whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. A Negative PCR test prior to departure and medical insurance, a normal temperature check on arrival and they are free to go, enjoy their holiday and spend their money!! 

Many people specifically the young dont carry Insurance! Why should they be forced to pay for it , especially if its Thai , which imop is the preferred Ins policy by this country!

No covid hoops ! Keep it like it use to be.

• Like 1

All evidences post covid BS clearly uncover the truth -  vaccinated seems to be more "exposed". A devision of Vaxxed/ unvaxxed is rediculous. Everything is made upside down. Wake up you sleeping man and woman. It is a H C. Andersen story the emperor w/o cloths.

Edited by Bno
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bno said:

All evidences post covid BS clearly uncover the truth -  vaccinated seems to be more "exposed". A devision of Vaxxed/ unvaxxed is rediculous. Everything is made upside down. Wake up you sleeping man and woman. It is a H C. Andersen story the emperor w/o cloths.

You write like bad fortune cookie message. It is responsible and prudent to continue to require visitors to be vaccinated against Covid19. (I hope they change definition for fully vaccinated to mean 3 doses over a 12 month period.)  All the data supports the vaccination requirement.

What do you mean "vaccinated seems (sic) to be more exposed"?   It is the unvaccinated and children driving the infections now. The US CDC data for 2021 showed that Unvaccinated people are about six times more likely to test positive than vaccinated people, nine times more likely to be hospitalized, and 14 times more likely to die from COVID-related complications,Statement of Nov. 25, 2021 , CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD.

Thailand does not need the burden of caring for foreign unvaccinated patients, especially those who are uninsured.

• Angry 1

How many will continue to suffer the consequences of  failed attempts to find a cure for the disease!

Endemic behavior coming to  Thailand ,hopefully this year,me thinks, fingers crossed people like yourself and the rich oligarchThais who benefit from the covid revenues will except it !