Officials predict 600,000 tourists to Phuket following reopening

Thaiger

15 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Why would your think that? Phuket to date has struggled to get more than a trickle of domestic tourists over the last year. Now they expect 500K over three months in the low season. You do know the definition of insanity right? Even just the 129K in foreign tourist while incredibly low is questionable. That’s just over 1,400 per day yet in other articles Thailand only expects about 100 in the first week. In addition, there is only about 7K signed up to date for the entire 3 month period. To be fair most people might still be waiting, but packages have been sold for for quite some time. Personally I’d rather just wait till mid October when the entire country will be open with few restrictions. Why jump all the hoops and pay extra to sit on a beach and get rained on when October is right around the corner?

Your opinion. Last time I checked, they weren't consulting the foreigners. Best plan.

did i miss the list of countries open to this sandbox ? 

looking forward to a holiday whereby i will be treated like a criminal in 1984.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, Saint said:

Why are none of the news articles since the June 18 announcement not talking about alcohol in restaurants in Phuket? Is the ban lifted effective June 22 or not? 

they just lifted it 

One way of looking at this... even if they "fail" and don't attract lots of tourists, it will at least pressure test the systems pipes with a small trickle rather than turning the tap to full pressure, so to speak. I for one would be happy to go check it out, but as an expat in Indonesia, I can't get vaccinated yet.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

21 hours ago, Slugger said:

Your opinion. Last time I checked, they weren't consulting the foreigners. 

You do realize the ignorance of that statement don’t you? Figuring out what your target demographic wants is basic marketing 101. The best way to find that out is to ask them. The real question is why you think not asking is a good plan. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Slugger said:

Your opinion. Last time I checked, they weren't consulting the foreigners. Best plan.

Sure incompetent clowns always not ask competent professionals and not ask what the tourists want. Best way would be to tell the tourists to transfer all their money to their accounts without complains and sleep in a prison cell with only rice and water - best plan!

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1