Technician electrocuted to death while trying to fix jacuzzi

Thaiger

On Saturday, a man was electrocuted while repairing a jacuzzi. The shocking incident happened in the Cherng Talay area of Phuket. Police and rescue workers were called around 6:50 pm last night to find 45 year old Surapol Samthong’s body next to the jacuzzi. Rescue workers were able to safely remove Suapol’s body from the scene. His body was then brought to the Vachira Phuket Hospital for additional examination. Rescue workers say they found “marks” on Suapol’s right hand that showed he had received an electric shock. The woman who rents the home, 38 year old Kunpiya Ragon, told police […]

The post Technician electrocuted to death while trying to fix jacuzzi appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is the 3rd such incident I have read in the last week. Very sad, but an inevitable by product of poor electrical standards, education and laws.

I am thankful the UK has very high standards as life cannot be replaced like a faulty appliance.

• Like 2

Electrical wiring in Thailand is not enabled to be grounded hence the many shocks Thais have to endure.

1 minute ago, TobyAndrews said:

Electrical wiring in Thailand is not enabled to be grounded hence the many shocks Thais have to endure.

Actually it can, the load centers have a grounding bar but people don't use qualified electricians to wire their houses. The house me and my wife bought has some of the most screwed up wiring wires taped together no junction boxes. I added on a shop and rewired the kitchen I used a different load center with a ground rod and 3 prong receptacles 

• Like 1

Ha Ha. I knew I would be involved in a debate on this.

If a refrigerator has a two pin plug, which plugs into a two pin socket, how is it grounded?

7 hours ago, TobyAndrews said:

Ha Ha. I knew I would be involved in a debate on this.

If a refrigerator has a two pin plug, which plugs into a two pin socket, how is it grounded?

I don't know about here but in the states it would be considered double insulated