News Forum - Covid test confusion ruins UK family holiday to Thailand

Thaiger

On 4/15/2022 at 6:56 AM, Mandy said:

Am I missing something? Many of you keep saying that the boy tested positive, then they took him on an international flight, I've just re-read the article and it clearly states that they were all negative before they boarded the flight to Bangkok, so I'm not sure why people are calling them selfish, I think the only mistake they made was choosing Thailand in the first place.

Yes, you are missing something.
He was negative tested for the flight UK-BKK. But he tested positive in BKK. Although he tested positive they flew back, so could pose a danger to other passengers. And that FFP3 mak with valves won't help other passengers.
If they wanted to fly back, they should have taken another test in BKK, and wait for a negative result.
And his father saying his son were a FFP3 mask in the plane doesn't seem like the sharpest (journalist) crayon in the box either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

That's about you  And I don't own a pair of red shoes. Doesn't mean no one else does.

I (as others who work with me) have been tested twice a week for almost two years now, never a false result. That suggests to me that the tests aren't as unreliable as some want them to be.

• Like 2

For the millionth time  A test is a test at the time it is taken. This is why Drs and Nurses take your temperature through out the day. You can go positive at any time even alady on a iceland flight made the news with this fact .   A negative test states at that time you are negative and are still not proven to have covid and to follow the guidelines, This is what states when you upload to the NHS website There are 60  70 caught out in Thailand with a positive test daily  BP stats   This is how a virus works Plus Thailand does a higher rate of cycles 40  compared to 30s in UK and why they got negative on return as the tests not as strict

These people should not be travelling as they are just not following the guidance and its a global pandemic. Anybody travelling to Thailand knows that may happen and why the numbers of tourists is so low. The same as any other country with a PCR test and risks of quarantine  you can call it scam  I call it common sense not to go and wait until the rules are erased. These families taking kids out of school which is against the law  actually are just going to post FB photos and gloat to there friend hey look at us we are cool  and we know best.  I say serves you right ;)

On 4/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, Graham said:

Could a second test in LOS not have been requested  ?

Yes you can ask and its 2500thb up

On 4/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, Soidog said:

Sorry Micheal but I have to challenge that statement. The U.K. may well have 6 times as many “Reported” cases of death with Covid, but not in reality. I would anticipate the U.K. has had 2-3 times more deaths than Thailand if you were able to compare like for like. If you then take in to consideration the following differences between the two countries and cultures, then it’s unsurprising:

Hotter and sunnier weather. 
Outdoor living  

A more compliant population.

Apart from Bangkok a far less densely populated country. 

Far less daily commuting on busses and trains.  

Far less inter-regional travel. 

Far less air travel in and from outside the country. 

A more open society in terms of freedom to operate a business without Covid restrictions.

Even possibly the fact generally Thais don’t shake hands.

Its simply impossible to compare data across two countries in Europe, let alone across two continents. 

Did the U.K. get it all right? Of course not. Few if any did, especially if you are trying to balance peoples health and the health of the economy. 

Soi Dog  The uk let in and still do  travellers and illegals arriving daily 1000 per day that are caught  no TP for them  Thailand has no mass testing and thats a fact so you dont know how many have the virus and The uk did mass testing or they could do it Thai style and say 10 000  a week then 23  Thailand has covid for 2 years and is still shut 

1 hour ago, tuktuk50000 said:

Soi Dog  The uk let in and still do  travellers and illegals arriving daily 1000 per day that are caught  no TP for them  Thailand has no mass testing and thats a fact so you dont know how many have the virus and The uk did mass testing or they could do it Thai style and say 10 000  a week then 23  Thailand has covid for 2 years and is still shut 

Sorry mate, so what’s your point with reference to my post?