News Forum - Suvarnabhumi Airport adds arrival QR code to ease confusion

Thaiger

Travellers are being recommended to download a QR code had been created and is available from April 14 at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport, aka. BKK. Airport management are claiming the new QR code will assist them and help them to find the booth of their booked hotel. After numerous complaints, confusion, and congestion in the arrival area, angry visitors looking for their hotel’s name after exiting the baggage pickup area, Bangkok’s International airport came up with a QR code to help solve the problem. In other words they’ve added a new layer of potential confusion to the many steps they currently […]

The story Suvarnabhumi Airport adds arrival QR code to ease confusion as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just drop the whole ridiculous charade. As the other headline says, “It’s time for The Thailand Pass to go”.

None of this utter waste of everyone’s time, money and loss of private data is now needed. It’s time to get back to business, restore your 25% GDP (much more in reality) allow people to get back to work and allow business owners to make money.

Its been long enough.

• Like 7

Why do the assume everyone has a smartphone..🤷🏼‍♂️. And i agree ! Just another level of unnecessary beuracracy.

When will this nonsense stop..im leaving to go work in another country soon and i doubt ill return. .ive enjoyed the last 10 years here very much so and contributed greatly to local community and ecomomy..but if these nonsensical entry requirements continue that stops .

Good luck Thailand..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BBY said:

Just drop the whole ridiculous charade. As the other headline says, “It’s time for The Thailand Pass to go”.

None of this utter waste of everyone’s time, money and loss of private data is now needed. It’s time to get back to business, restore your 25% GDP (much more in reality) allow people to get back to work and allow business owners to make money.

Its been long enough.

Charade is exactly the right word. An enormous cost to tourism with minimal and questionable benefits. 

• Like 5

After 2 bad years ,I don't think tourist represent a problem now ,this really can't be managed  . PCR test before arrival (which for some  reason they dropped ) and insurance ,surely that's enough . 

When the nation's run by geezers who make Field Marshal Haig look like a military genius, you get a pandemic response that's pure FUBAR and the place goes bankrupt slowly, then very very quickly. 

Thai Airways was the dress rehearsal. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

When the nation's run by geezers who make Field Marshal Haig look like a military genius, you get a pandemic response that's pure FUBAR and the place goes bankrupt slowly, then very very quickly. 

Thai Airways was the dress rehearsal. 😂

Parliament house seats* for sale, soon? 😜 

*Ministerial ones always were, I refer to the 'chairs'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Travellers are being recommended to download a QR code had been created and is available from April 14 at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport, aka. BKK. Airport management are claiming the new QR code will assist them and help them to find the booth of their booked hotel. After numerous complaints, confusion, and congestion in the arrival area, angry visitors looking for their hotel’s name after exiting the baggage pickup area, Bangkok’s International airport came up with a QR code to help solve the problem. In other words they’ve added a new layer of potential confusion to the many steps they currently […]

The story Suvarnabhumi Airport adds arrival QR code to ease confusion as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Here is the link so you can look it up in advance....if for some reason you can't wait two weeks for them to drop the SHA stay.

https://checkinextraplus.workationthailand.com/

Just nip the problem at the bud. Why solve a problem by introducing likely another problem.  Remove the linkage of testing from 1st day hotel stay.  If cannot remove PCR, allow a ART test at any of the authorized clinic within 24 hours upon arrival.  Provide the clinic a link to upload test result and a hard copy to be provided with the clinic stamp.  Upon arrival Mochana shows a orange color and once testing is submitted and negative the code change to green.  If test is performed and negative and Mochana still show orange, the accountability shall rest on the clinic with the hardcopy as proof.

Impose a penalty of say 10,000 baht for departing passenger who does not provide a green color code or a arrival testing report by the clinic.  This will deter any tourist who does not follow the requirements which is all aspect I believe most will agree is fair.  I do not see why this process is less superior than the mandatory 1st day hotel with PCR.  It removes the 'wasted' one day.  Who will go for a short weekend trip of say 2 to 3 nights when you must be 'quarantine' for one night.  This also remove any vested interest in the various parties involved. Lastly it will sure remove the confusion at the airport since there is no mandatory transport to any particular hotel for Covid testing and traveller are free to go upon custom clearance.

another after thought,with no collective decision makers as if they make things up as they go along,its been over 2 years and still chaos

53 minutes ago, harry1 said:

another after thought,with no collective decision makers as if they make things up as they go along,its been over 2 years and still chaos

You have an odd idea of what chaos looks like.  For real examples, see UK's Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester,  Birmingham airports, Dover Port, rail services, roads in UK. The check out US, JFK, Atlanta, Denver, Miami, Boston Logan.   Now that is chaos, this here is just slight inconveniences in comparison. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alexi said:

Just nip the problem at the bud. Why solve a problem by introducing likely another problem.  Remove the linkage of testing from 1st day hotel stay.  If cannot remove PCR, allow a ART test at any of the authorized clinic within 24 hours upon arrival.  Provide the clinic a link to upload test result and a hard copy to be provided with the clinic stamp.  Upon arrival Mochana shows a orange color and once testing is submitted and negative the code change to green.  If test is performed and negative and Mochana still show orange, the accountability shall rest on the clinic with the hardcopy as proof.

Impose a penalty of say 10,000 baht for departing passenger who does not provide a green color code or a arrival testing report by the clinic.  This will deter any tourist who does not follow the requirements which is all aspect I believe most will agree is fair.  I do not see why this process is less superior than the mandatory 1st day hotel with PCR.  It removes the 'wasted' one day.  Who will go for a short weekend trip of say 2 to 3 nights when you must be 'quarantine' for one night.  This also remove any vested interest in the various parties involved. Lastly it will sure remove the confusion at the airport since there is no mandatory transport to any particular hotel for Covid testing and traveller are free to go upon custom clearance.

The app hasn't been working well

7 hours ago, harry1 said:

What chaos?

And airport was busy on a particular day

My wife and I almost missed our connecting flight in Toronto in December because it took almost 2 hours to clear customs 

All kinds of people running to catch flights 

Shit happens at all airports

My wife flew into BKK on April 2nd and it took her about 20mins from landing to get into her car pick-up 

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My wife flew into BKK on April 2nd and it took her about 20mins from landing to get into her car pick-up 

With het Thai passport Paul? Or did she use the US one?

Funny how even if the people have had all vaccines and the boosters they still have to go through all the same stuff as a person that is pure. LOL. What a joke.🤣 It might make one think, no?🙂