News Forum - Phuket tourists better stop splashing water, or else — PM Prayut

Thaiger

Some splash-happy farangs in Phuket obviously didn’t get all the “dry Songkran” memos. Reports of foreign tourists splashing water on the beach these past two days has drawn the ire of Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who called on the governor of Phuket to make sure tourists there are familiar with the rules — i.e. a nationwide ban on water splashing this year. On Wednesday, provincial authorities directed local Covid command units in three districts to enforce the nation’s water splashing ban, according to Phuket deputy governor Anupab Yodrabam, who expressed confidence that what happened at the beach in Bang […]

The story Phuket tourists better stop splashing water, or else — PM Prayut as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Anyone who breaks the current public health safety rules under the anti-Covid emergency decree could be fined a maximum of 40,000 baht, face up to 2 years in jail — or both. That’s according to Pol Maj Gen Yingyot, who warned that those who dared to splash water in unregulated conditions would face swift retribution. He noted that lawbreakers could also face an additional fine of up to 20,000 baht, as stipulated by the Communicable Disease Control Act."

What a joker!

No one is going to get arrested, because if they are, Thailand will see global headlines of

"Thailand arrests tourists for Water Fight. Yes, a water fight. Tourism re-opening campaign expected soon."

How's that going to look?

Enough already...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There were around 8 Thai children splashing water in our Condo's swimming pool yesterday.

I better notify security next time - LOL    

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

And these terrorist tourists will likely be sent to one of Payuth’s "resorts" for a period of attitude adjustment. Can't have them coming here with their dangerous ideas of freedom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The police have been allowing bars in bangla road to open until 2am! some later but doors/shutters closed.. they did pre warn bars to stop the water fighting.. but last night was the same as the night before so police closed all bars in bangla at 11pm.. 3 hours lost income to the bars because tourists having a water fight.. 

I was surprised at a video I saw from Bangla Road. I was convinced it must have been from a pre covid Songkran. But it was yesterday.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Scribble said:

I was surprised at a video I saw from Bangla Road. I was convinced it must have been from a pre covid Songkran. But it was yesterday.

Yes I too looked yesterday and saw the one video so I had to do a double take on the year and got a little whiplash. That video was off the hook.

2 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"Anyone who breaks the current public health safety rules under the anti-Covid emergency decree could be fined a maximum of 40,000 baht, face up to 2 years in jail — or both. That’s according to Pol Maj Gen Yingyot, who warned that those who dared to splash water in unregulated conditions would face swift retribution. He noted that lawbreakers could also face an additional fine of up to 20,000 baht, as stipulated by the Communicable Disease Control Act."

What a joker!

No one is going to get arrested, because if they are, Thailand will see global headlines of

"Thailand arrests tourists for Water Fight. Yes, a water fight. Tourism re-opening campaign expected soon."

How's that going to look?

Enough already...

Unless they post that information on Tik Tok or Instagram, the offenders are not likely to know about it. 

• Like 1

Thailand's Chiuef Medical Officer should have a chat with the PM and tell him that Covid cannot be transmitted via water!

• Like 2

Never happy unless on a tirade and pointing the guilt finger away from him and his cronies. In this case the blame game is on the foreingers, and in reality it is the Thai instigating it and it being totally allowed to go on. Just go ahead and close the bars, er restaurants down and run the country further into the ground. Let's see how many daily covid positives come out of this open travel time. This guy really needs to go.

• Like 2

Beware:

Noone splash water in a swimming pool or in the water at the beach.

Not even in a group shower.

Or being splashed with holy water in a church

Edited by Nivram
additional info
  • Like 2

I commend the Thai government for sending in the troops to stop what the government obviously regards as a high risk activity.

the government should also contact the World Health Organisation and advise them that splashing of water is dangerous, so that other countries can take appropriate action.

by the way is it ok to take a shower with a friend (saves water), or how about washing clothes in water . 
Is the coronavirus transmitted by water ?

As with many other countries, Singapore, Philippines etc if you enter Australia and able to show vaccination certificate you are free, no restrictions 

• Haha 1

And another thought 

Ukrainian government “sending the troop in “ to protect themselves from Russian rockets, guns , tanks etc

Thai government “sending the troops in “ to protect their citizens from water pistols ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davefrombrisbane2 said:

And another thought 

Ukrainian government “sending the troop in “ to protect themselves from Russian rockets, guns , tanks etc

Thai government “sending the troops in “ to protect their citizens from water pistols ?

Well that put it into perspective, bloody ridiculous, there are children splashing in the pool as I type this, oh the horror, what do I do?

Perhaps everybody should use their brains on this one, where capable, which is obviously lost in translation.

Do not throw water on another person.

There, understand children?, good. Include any method of propelling water.