News Forum - More than 180 trains added during Thailand’s Songkran holiday

Thaiger

The Thai State Railway has added over 180 trains during the Songkran holidays, and will run through to April 17. 45,000 travellers are predicted to board the trains from Hua Lamphong in Bangkok on the first day of Songkran. The old Hu Lamphong train station has been kept running since plans to move all train services to Bang Sue, the new train hub for Bangkok, due a lot of flak in Thai social media. There will be 13 more trains for the northern and north-eastern lines. 4 extra trains have been added to the Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani, Bangkok-Udon Thani, Bangkok-Chiang Mai, […]

The story More than 180 trains added during Thailand’s Songkran holiday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I travelled by traine on the 12th to collect my girlfriend to come and visit me, the train was one hour late. due to freight trains.

When we attempted to go back the train was two hours late due to ptt and other fuel freight trains. It then stopped so much due to freight trains we didnt arrive until 3am from an original arrival time of 00.07

So are these trains your mentioning more freight trains. Don't believe any hype about trains when they are prioritising fuel over customers.

Frankly there might be more but the service is abysmal. No support at the station all the announcements in thai, thankfully they have notice boards

Frankly it was the craziest night i've had on a train ... if i'd gone to war trying to find van i'd have arrived three hours earlier

maybe you mean cars in the train, not actual trains. 

I should also mention that trains will post an arrival time of say 12.02 but it will always be 30 minutes late. ... im not sure why they can't tell the truth, it doesnt really make sense. I'm on these trains at least twice a month.

Edited by alex12345
update

No else commented on this, just goes to show expats never get trains ........... they have cars. Lower income workers who don't have cars will get a train or a bus.