1 million Sinopharm doses arrive today

Thaiger

1 million doses of the Sinopharm vaccine arrived in Bangkok today. This coming from a Facebook post by the CRA Secretary General Dr Nithi Mahanonda. The vaccine will travel to the Medical Sciences Department to be tested on its efficacy and safety. This should take 2 days to finish. Then, the vaccine will be distributed to hospitals picked by the CRA. The hospitals will administer the vaccines next Friday, says Dr Nithi. Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, and Sinovac are “alternative” vaccines. They have both been approved by the World Health Organization for emergency use. Both Sinopharm and Sinovac are produced in China. […]

The post 1 million Sinopharm doses arrive today appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The vaccine will travel to the Medical Sciences Department to be tested on its efficacy and safety. This should take 2 days to finish.

Am i missing something? it takes 2 weeks after 1st jab to determine efficacy and 2 weeks after the second jab (which is normally administered 2-3 weeks after the 1st one) to determine a full efficacy. How it's done in 2 days in Thailand? Does FDA have a time machine?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Does FDA have a time machine?

Very funny! FDA or MSD, that's a fair contender for post of the day.

8 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Very funny! FDA or MSD, that's a fair contender for post of the day.

i just been sarcastic, we all know what they mean, they just need to officially push it through the FDA and this is done by using manufacturing facility quality assurance certificate, which could be an ISO 9000 certificate, since FDA now cannot travel and inspect facility, plus product test report, which is done before, since this vaccine already imported into many countries.

But, noooooo, we have to make it sound important, like we will ensure that this is a good quality vaccine and it will not harm out precious citizens.

As a result they CRA just made this press release look idiotic. Again.

Edited by AlexPTY
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

They are checking the vaccine in a laboratory if it has been manufactured correctly. They always do this with new batches to ensure there has been no contamination before starting inoculations.

Sorry if I am daft, I don't know if efficacy is the right word, or if you are making a joke on word play.

My sarcasm will probably get me killed... please see my reasonable quote above, sorry

• Like 1

'Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, and Sinovac are “alternative” vaccines. They have both been approved by the World Health Organization'

Ahem........

• Haha 1

So that’s enough for about 340K people? That’s if they find a third shot will be sufficient or will they need to go to a fourth shot per person? 

• Cool 1