News Forum - Where to celebrate Songkran 2022 in Thailand

Thaiger

Despite the lack of official water fights this year, there are still plenty of ways to celebrate Songkran 2022 in Thailand. Events in Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Songkhla, Chiang Mai, Samut Prakan and other major cities have been organised by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, or the TAT, in line with Covid-19 prevention measures. So put the water gun down and take part in some cultural activities… Songkran 2022 celebrations Bangkok Ten temples in Bangkok are hosting “Amazing Songkran 2022 Celebrations” between April 9 – 17. Rituals honouring the Thai New Year’s origins and traditions will take place at Wat Arun, Wat […]

The story Where to celebrate Songkran 2022 in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Where to celebrate Songkran 2022 in Thailand

Well according to the Thai Government, as posted on their official Twitter Account … looks like they are telling people to Stay Home!

57381679-9A8C-4FBB-9A03-7C90CEDB5112.jpeg

• Like 2

Just saw a Facebook post from Siam Paragon as well as Central World here in BKK that they are holding festivities to celebrate Songkran.  A few minutes later the GF showed me a Facebook page from someone showing a Major 4 lane road that was covered with people throwing water at each other and at the cars and motorbikes, of course the Road name was unknown and the poster of the 10 second video showed his watch with todays date on it to prove Songkran water festivities were going on.  I am sure using Geo-location from inside the video the RTP will be on that in short time and the poster will find himself in hot water...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well according to the Thai Government, as posted on their official Twitter Account … looks like they are telling people to Stay Home!

57381679-9A8C-4FBB-9A03-7C90CEDB5112.jpeg

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Government are suggesting virtual water festivals on facebook and similar.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Apparently Bangla in Phuket is crowded and it is a free for all with no police to be seen or located.

Yes started last night.. not a police officer to be seen until the 11pm drive by to tell bars they can go on until 2am.. its exactly the same now as it was last night in bangla.. 

Just now, Malc-Thai said:

Yes started last night.. not a police officer to be seen until the 11pm drive by to tell bars they can go on until 2am.. its exactly the same now as it was last night in bangla.. 

I think the attitude is that’s it’s mainly foreigners infecting foreigners. So leave them to it. They haven’t a clue……

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think the attitude is that’s it’s mainly foreigners infecting foreigners. So leave them to it. They haven’t a clue……

Be honest most of the girls working bangla don't come from phuket and any spare money they make goes home to their families.. that helps the local economy all over Thailand..  why close it down as you say its only foreigners infecting foreigners 

• Like 1