News Forum - Chinese tourists attack Pattaya hotel worker

Thaiger

An incident last night when a 29 year old hotel staffer in Pattaya was injured after being attacked by a group of allegedly drunk Chinese tourists. Just before midnight the 29 year old employee was attacked and his wrists injured after trying to stop the “severely intoxicated” group from trying to drive home after several hours of drinking. He was given medical assistance at the scene. The Pattaya News reports that an argument broke out when four Chinese tourists stated arguing with the hotel employee over their ability to drive back to their accommodations. The hotel reports that the group […]

The story Chinese tourists attack Pattaya hotel worker as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

46 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Wait a minute, a Thai trying to stop someone from drink driving???? Something not right here. 

Hotel worker and part time taxi driver? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An incident last night when a 29 year old hotel staffer in Pattaya was injured after being attacked by a group of allegedly drunk Chinese tourists. Just before midnight the 29 year old employee was attacked and his wrists injured after trying to stop the “severely intoxicated” group from trying to drive home after several hours of drinking. He was given medical assistance at the scene. The Pattaya News reports that an argument broke out when four Chinese tourists stated arguing with the hotel employee over their ability to drive back to their accommodations. The hotel reports that the group […]

The story Chinese tourists attack Pattaya hotel worker as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Glass half full would say that it looks like Pattaya is getting back to normal.

• Like 2

Hotel should not have served them so much alcohol  Staff had a duty to call the police when they tried to drive intoxicated but should not have intervened themselves. Obviously the well heeled tourists or Chinese oblgards TAT want to attract not family tourists

9 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Chinese tourists attack Pattaya hotel worker

"They went after him like a shrimp in a buffet" witnesses said.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Been there, seen that, and it is nothing for the weak stomach and easily offended folk to see. Too funny S_W!

• Like 1

Update  The Chinese folks were given a fruit basket--shrimp buffet coupon, durian and mama cups..

Also Elite Visas and room upgrades....

1 minute ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Update  The Chinese folks were given a fruit basket--shrimp buffet coupon, durian and mama cups..

Also Elite Visas and room upgrades....

Quite right too. 😃

The Chinese overseas misbehaving are often more in trouble if and when they go home than in the host country (these are not "tourists" anyway). The Chinese embassy will presumably get their names and there goes their social credit score.

1 minute ago, Leo said:

The Chinese overseas misbehaving are often more in trouble if and when they go home than in the host country (these are not "tourists" anyway). The Chinese embassy will presumably get their names and there goes their social credit score.

They're all called Wang Li. 😃 I doubt they qualify for a 'social score.'

Ordinary Mainland Chinese are still locked up, they can't leave their apartments let alone the country. If they do finagle a hall pass, returning is a three week Quarantine nightmare -at their own expense. 

This was either ranking CCP clowns, or unruly diaspora from elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

Ordinary Mainland Chinese are still locked up, they can't leave their apartments let alone the country. If they do finagle a hall pass, returning is a three week Quarantine nightmare -at their own expense. 

This was either ranking CCP clowns, or unruly diaspora from elsewhere.  

Only if you live in Shanghai and that's all over with now anyway. Get up to date mate! 😃

On 4/13/2022 at 3:11 PM, Nivram said:

Thais don't stop Thais from driving after being intoxicated.

That is hipocritical.

No, that is "face". Friends don't let friends lose face.

And the other famous Thai road safety slogan "Don't Drink Drive - it's a washing liquid".

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Only if you live in Shanghai and that's all over with now anyway. Get up to date mate! 😃

Nope. Guangzhou will be locked down by the weekend, why? Because I surf; and I know things. You read it here first. 

You have a point about Shanghai, but I play the game the CCP play, because I can. 😂

25 minutes ago, Zorba_the_Geek said:

Nope. Guangzhou will be locked down by the weekend, why? Because I surf; and I know things. You read it here first. 

You have a point about Shanghai, but I play the game the CCP play, because I can. 😂

Well, you play on mate, just dont bring your silly games here.

Guangdong (province not city) has under 80 cases today,  it's not in any danger. So you need to surf elsewhere because you're getting bad information.