News Forum - Bangkok gets the Sht Holiday treatment (their spelling, not ours)

Thaiger

Sht holidays has blessed us with their withering review of the Thai capital. Some may wonder where exactly they visited when they cobbled together this unpleasant collection of Bangkok sex-tourism clichés. The Sht Holidays Facebook page only has 41,763 followers but does the same for tourism around the world as Rotten Tomatoes does for film-reviews. Clearly rather cynical ‘Aussie’ humour, the reviews seem overly concerned about the sexual exploits of the locals in the cities they review. Anyway, here goes their review of Bangkok… “Draped in tangled thickets of power lines and coated in several layers of grime and graffiti, […]

The story Bangkok gets the Sht Holiday treatment (their spelling, not ours) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

The Aussie team behind these satirical articles have done many hilarious stories about Australian towns.  You'll find a link via their farcebook page if interested.  Nothing is sacred.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

The Aussie team behind these satirical articles have done many hilarious stories about Australian towns.  You'll find a link via their farcebook page if interested.  Nothing is sacred.

Sometimes I really like the "Nothing is Scared Attitude" humor. Reminds me of the saying of Sergeant Hulka from the movie Stripes: Lighten Up Francis.

There seems to be a pattern there. It's just entertainment, but nevertheless I'm looking forward to a review of a  sht holiday in Vatican City. I expect it to describe the streets as being crowded by necrophiles and pedophiles. It might even mention the boring, old-fashioned architectures and despicable lack of jet-skiing opportunities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

There seems to be a pattern there. It's just entertainment, but nevertheless I'm looking forward to a review of a  sht holiday in Vatican City. I expect it to describe the streets as being crowded by necrophiles and pedophiles. It might even mention the boring, old-fashioned architectures and despicable lack of jet-skiing opportunities.

You will not be disappointed, especially if you read all the way down thru 'fan mail' CLICK 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

I'm looking forward to a review of a  sht holiday in Vatican City. 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

where exactly they visited when they cobbled together this unpleasant collection of Bangkok sex-tourism clichés.

Well since the Vatican is full of priests, they won’t have to change much from the Bangkok story line 😉

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well since the Vatican is full of priests, they won’t have to change much from the Bangkok story line 😉

Bless you my son but you should never mock 'kiddie fiddler HQ. The Pope will not be amused.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

You will not be disappointed, especially if you read all the way down thru 'fan mail' CLICK 

Good link!

"world’s largest collection of paedophilia enthusiasts" - check

"ancient ruins", "rooms stuffed full of old crap" - check

Missed opportunity: "if you love Christus, have a bite of his body and a sip his blood".

2 out of 3 ain't bad (the comment about jet-skiing doesn't count ;-).

I lived in (BKK) Bangkok  for 3 years and he is right. It stinks. it's dirty and  people throw garbage in the streets. It's over run with Soi dogs, and the sidewalks are unsafe because of the scooters.

Edited by Thombkk
misspelled word

Why no mention of the aardvark sized rats scurrying and squeaking in the rooftops over the sidewalks?

• Haha 1

Typical Aussie humour, don't take it seriously just have a laugh.

Aussies are known for taking the piss, we do it best when taking the piss out of ourselves or our mates so if their doing it to you take it as a compliment. 

It means that we like you😜😜😜

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Sht Holidays Facebook page only has 41,763 followers

Now they have 41,764 followers. Looks like a fun way to kill time.

Hilarious. I loved all the descriptions, especially Paris which, having suffered from pickpockets myself, is definitely the most accurate! 

"Visited Khaosan Rd, Sukhumvit between Nana and Asoke, and, possibly, Patpong = saw everything there is to know about Bangkok." Superficial drivel, at best.

Haha I love you Thaiger. So glad you're the alternative to the crap site formerly associated with Visas, please poach Rooster 59 and you'll have the Thai English Media dream team!

Oh yeah, sht holidays?

It's a hoot, and there's always a table spoonful of truth in humour, that's where the heart of the gag is. 

Let's face it, Thailand's Delta Covid wave started in a high-end military patronised  cathouse, that says it all about the oriental "city of angels", and that's no joke!

On 4/13/2022 at 12:40 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Sometimes I really like the "Nothing is Scared Attitude" humor. Reminds me of the saying of Sergeant Hulka from the movie Stripes: Lighten Up Francis.

I was 20 when Stripes came out, where did the last 40 years go? 

To Bangkok, mostly! 💪🏻😂🍻🙏🏻

Edited by Zorba_the_Geek

Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy and Silom in Bangkok are my favorite places to be in the evenings. I people watched out in front of bars, street food stalls, out in front of my hotel as well as dozens of other places and meet tons of other travelers from around the world - men and women that were blown away by the excitement of nightlife Bangkok has to offer. Just the walk alone from one adult themed place to the other is so cool. The sky bars - ahhhhh and Chinatown 🤩. Didn’t care to much for Kao San Road because of all the construction going on 🤔 which was every year I visited 😆 The massage shops, the street food, all the cool shops and the dark streets along the way filled with the unexpected adventure - yes I walked a lot of streets and loved every minute of it. I’ve never spent a night alone in Bangkok unless I wanted to. What solo traveling man doesn’t like beautiful women hitting on them, what solo traveling man doesn’t like being lured into a massage shop by beautiful woman and why would any man in his right mind who’s never experienced the streets of Bangkok frown at all the beautiful ladies standing and walking around flirting with him. I didn’t even know life like this existed. I don’t look down on other countries culture - I respect whatever way of life they choose. I’ve traveled to other countries and to other states in my own country for vacations and I’m here to tell you Thais are the most friendliest, nicest people I’ve ever met!! I’ve also never seen some of the weird stuff that was listed by this FB group. My first trip to Thailand blew me away 😃 I followed all the rules and had a blast and will continue to adventure in Thailand till death do us part.  

😎👊

Marvin Yeager