News Forum - UPDATE: Bangkok airport claims Test & Go crowding was temporary, problem already fixed

Thaiger

Suvarnabhumi International Airport has responded to the complaint from a Thai YouTuber about the seemingly chaotic crowds of international travellers arriving under the Test & Go entry scheme on Sunday. The airport explained that the crowding had happened only temporarily, and they’ve already fixed the problem by extending the space, adding more service counters and ordering the hotel names alphabetically. On Sunday, Thai YouTuber Atichan Cherngchavano aka “Au Spin9″ complained about the airport management after finding crowds of travellers from the Test & Go programme were left standing and confused in Suvarnabhumi airport. He said the situation was a mess, […]

The story UPDATE: Bangkok airport claims Test & Go crowding was temporary, problem already fixed as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess the Suvarnabhumi officers took this photo when there was no arrival flights at the moment. We arrive on April 8 and it was such a big mess. After a 11 hours flight it was horrible. This plus the whole Test & Go procedure which took us hours to understand, the PCR test, the waiting time for the result and the 5th day antigen test will make us advice other friends to wait to visit Thailand until this big mess is over. It is not worth it and we will never do it again !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The airport explained that the crowding had happened only temporarily, and they’ve already fixed the problem by extending the space, adding more service counters and ordering the hotel names alphabetically

What utter BS. I arrived in mid Jan and it was the same then. Since that time I have been to the airport 3 times and each time I could see utter chaos. 

What this shows is that when Thais complain, or more likely, when it gets publicity on social media, that’s when the  useless management get off their lazy butts and do something about it. Too late I’m afraid, the bad publicity is already out there. It’s also about to get a lot worse once they introduce Antigen testing on arrival. I may even make a special trip when that’s introduced just to film the mayhem !! 

• Like 2

Well.....this makes me wonder....they even can't manage thousands....how are they going to manage millions. Better train the ground force first. It seems their competency has slowed down due to the 2 years of shut-down...

I came into Thailand under the test and go program late December. Finding your hotel then was hard - just had to shout and ask around. So why did it take so long to get in alphabetical order? Second the system they had, as I observed, isn't really designed for tens of thousands of people. This can't continue. 

• Like 2

They really believe that scrapping predeparture covid test is the reason for more people to come? 😂😂 Omg, why are most nations led by incompetent people…well, I know…because merit is not the reason to lead someone, it is popularity and love for power

10,000 arrivals per day is 3.5 million per year. Of those at best half are tourists. Yet Bank of Thailand just stuck with their estimate of 7million tourists to support a meager 2-3% growth. 

Not going to happen at this rate. Thailand is in recession now. Meanwhile those in power twiddle their fingers.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JJJ said:

10,000 arrivals per day is 3.5 million per year. Of those at best half are tourists. Yet Bank of Thailand just stuck with their estimate of 7million tourists to support a meager 2-3% growth. 

Not going to happen at this rate. Thailand is in recession now. Meanwhile those in power twiddle their fingers.  

Ohh, woe is me! 😃

8 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Glad you don’t have a business or employees to worry about. 

Me too! 😃

When I did have I didn't worry either 'cos when you've finished worrying you still have the problem to solve. Much better to solve it worry free.

There were about 1,500 – 2,000 passengers arriving during the peak hours, and the maximum capacity of the airport to welcome the arriving passengers is currently just 3,000 people per hour due to Covid-19 prevention measures.

Weird, with less people arriving than the max capacity they had problems?

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

I dont get it. No-one is coming anyway, so the gurus tell us!! 😀

Well even at 10% of Pre-Covid traffic, that’s still 12,000 a day or 500 people an hour (more as it’s not 24 hours). That’s more than enough to swamp the hopelessly inadequate handling area for arrivals. But then of course you know this, but it makes for more fun to ignore facts. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The airport explained that the crowding had happened only temporarily, and they’ve already fixed the problem by extending the space, adding more service counters and ordering the hotel names alphabetically

Isn't crowding at airports always a temporary problem? They give out more timeslots at a specific time, but do not stock on immigration officers or, in this case, test staff and space?

But good to know, Thailand starts more and more to adopt "world standards", as soon face is entdangered on you tube

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The airport explained that the crowding had happened only temporarily, and they’ve already fixed the problem by extending the space, adding more service counters and ordering the hotel names alphabetically.

Nice try