News Forum - Northeastern Thai man accidentally shoots and kills himself

Thaiger

A Thai man accidentally shot himself in the mouth and died while shooting birds on Saturday morning in northeast Thailand’s Roi Et province. Investigating officers believe that the traces of gunpowder found on the man’s toes suggest he was holding the long wooden cap gun with his toes and checking the gun’s gunpowder levels with his mouth when he accidentally made a mistake and shot himself in the mouth. The man’s wife recounted what happened to her husband, 40 year old Weerasak… Around 6:00am, Weerasak asked his wife whether she wanted to go out and cut grass with him in a […]

The story Northeastern Thai man accidentally shoots and kills himself as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

How do you check gunpowder levels with your mouth?

Seen plenty of these guns locally and they are used often on wildlife.

Have even seen a local firing one on the go on a motor bike at a dog. Scared the c..p out of me as i was only 2 metres away.

• Like 1

But the picture of the motorcycle indicates that the front part of it had an impact?.....is this the right picture related to the news?

Checking the powder level with your mouth sounds like looking down the barrel to see how fast the bullets come out. Maybe something has been lost in translation here. Perhaps saying he was blowing down the barrel to see if he left it loaded is the excuse they were looking for... Either way it sounds more like finding a way to save face over his obvious suicide. 

Police must of had the wrecked bike still in the truck from another incident. Not sure, but maybe it was his method to blow the powder down with pressure for an odd way to pack it when he had no rod?

????? Holding one end in the mouth and he trigger with a toe???? Accident ??????. Hmm must be like that guy  that had 3 elephants behind his wall paper but you could not detect a bump in the wall............

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

What is a wooden cap gun? Like a musket with the wad you stuff down the barrel? 

Yes it's a percussion cap gun, it's the technology that was between the old flint lock guns and modern combined cartridge guns that we all are familiar with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Police must of had the wrecked bike still in the truck from another incident. Not sure, but maybe it was his method to blow the powder down with pressure for an odd way to pack it when he had no rod?

Yes he did have a rod you can see it's in it's place on the gun in the photo on the story. Clearly a suicide. 

13 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Yes he did have a rod you can see it's in it's place on the gun in the photo on the story. Clearly a suicide. 

Yes can see what looks like a rod now. Perhpas it didn't work so well and so he felt he needed to blow the powder down solid more to the bottom. And so he did this by cocking the hammer back to create an air flow. End result is he made a grave mistake purposely or not. I more see it as stupidity rahter than suicide.

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai man accidentally shot himself in the mouth and died while shooting birds on Saturday morning in northeast Thailand’s Roi Et province. Investigating officers believe that the traces of gunpowder found on the man’s toes suggest he was holding the long wooden cap gun with his toes and checking the gun’s gunpowder levels with his mouth when he accidentally made a mistake and shot himself in the mouth. The man’s wife recounted what happened to her husband, 40 year old Weerasak… Around 6:00am, Weerasak asked his wife whether she wanted to go out and cut grass with him in a […]

The story Northeastern Thai man accidentally shoots and kills himself as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The part that I find suspicious is that his wife agreed to go cut grass with him at 6am.

15 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

The part that I find suspicious is that his wife agreed to go cut grass with him at 6am.

She probably thought it better to the other choice of him mowing her lawn. My apologies as just couldn't resist. Sort of in bad taste so hope she is doing well and he with RIP.

15 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes can see what looks like a rod now. Perhpas it didn't work so well and so he felt he needed to blow the powder down solid more to the bottom. And so he did this by cocking the hammer back to create an air flow. End result is he made a grave mistake purposely or not. I more see it as stupidity rahter than suicide.

If you had ever loaded a muzzle loading fire arm you would know that what you are suggesting is ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

If you had ever loaded a muzzle loading fire arm you would know that what you are suggesting is ridiculous. 

No expert for sure, but to answer you is yes I have actually loaded a Thai bird rifle and fired one at my first Thai wife's village back in a field by a water hole over 30 years ago. This was Ubon R way down near outside the town of Phosai when there were only dirt roads and buffalo and the real old Thailand. Even if what I said sounds off base, until the final conclusion comes in I still will say he did not commit suicide like you said and so he did something foolish out of the orindary. Maybe the guy had a serious hang over and just his head wasn't 100% on straight thinking rational. Something seems to be for sure, his mouth was on the barrel and the hammer cocked back. Mistakes do happen as I will tend to see how this one is. Maybe blowing into the barrel to get a feel for how solid the pack was? 

So seriously, taking out your suicide statement, could you kindly add to another scennario that would fit in the missing piece of what could have happened?

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

yes I have actually loaded a Thai bird rifle and fired one at my first Thai wife

😉

• Haha 4

On 4/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, Thaiger said:

A Thai man accidentally shot himself in the mouth and died while shooting birds on Saturday

The nomination for this year’s Darwin Award has already been submitted.

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

😉

Hahahaha. That gets the funny post of the day even if it is disecting a piece of my post.

But can't say back then the thought didn't cross my mind. Tha gal was trouble.

The nomination for this year’s Darwin Award has already been submitted.

Yes but his wife will have to accept since he is not able to be present.

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes but his wife will have to accept since he is not able to be present.

Agree, but then none of the past Darwin Award winners are never present to collect their award either 😉

Agree, but then none of the past Darwin Award winners are never present to collect their award either 😉

• Haha 2