News Forum - Phuket police set up 11 checkpoints to prevent road accidents during Songkran

Thaiger

The Songkran holidays, or the Thai New Year, is a time notorious for road accidents all over Thailand. During the long holiday, drunk driving increases and road accidents are even more common than usual on Thailand’s dangerous roads. Phuket police officers have set up 11 checkpoints around the island to catch anyone drunk driving or driving dangerously and to help anyone in need. Phuket police will operate 11 main checkpoints, three secondary checkpoints and ten service points according to the island’s road accident prevention and reduction plan for one week from April 11-17 to cover the Songkran holidays. Police from […]

The story Phuket police set up 11 checkpoints to prevent road accidents during Songkran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"If you plan on drinking this Songkran get a taxi,"

The problem is the taxi driver was drinking.

The best advice is stay home and buy alcohol before.

• Like 1

Was on the new Pattaya motorway by-pass yesterday, nice new Police BMW behind me.  We were passed by at least 5  sports cars, all same make  and  all obviously racing each other and doing well over the 120km limit.  The muppet cops did nothing, like they always do nothing.  They have got to be one of the most useless, incompetent, lazy Police forces in the World.  Did they radio ahead, I doubt that very much, as they could still have gone after them in their nice sparkling BMW and anyway, lifting up the radio mic probably  required too much effort.  I snorted my disgust, as usual, G/f just smiled and said 'that's Thailand'.   This Songkran 'initiative' will do nothing if they don't keep it up for the rest of the year. 

• Like 1

Usual nonsense. 5 days of activity and then back to running police owned bars and gambling dens the other 360 days of the year. Utterly shameful excuse for a “Police” force, never mind Police service. 

• Like 1

I'll get the moan in first shall I? Right, here goes. Ahem (clears throat).

If the lazy chuffs can get off their mobile phones long enough to nick anybody, then the body count wouldn't be as big.

There. What reckon? 😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I'll get the moan in first shall I? Right, here goes. Ahem (clears throat).

If the lazy chuffs can get off their mobile phones long enough to nick anybody, then the body count wouldn't be as big.

There. What reckon? 😃

How do you reply to the live forum on GMThailand etc:

I can’t seem to find live replies anywhere?

They must confiscate their vehicles for at least 3 days to teach them a lesson!

1 hour ago, Grant said:

How do you reply to the live forum on GMThailand etc:

I can’t seem to find live replies anywhere?

They must confiscate their vehicles for at least 3 days to teach them a lesson!

You are allowed addendums. I cant moan for everybody, I'm only one man!  Moan along, help yerself! 😃

17 minutes ago, Poolie said:

You are allowed addendums. I cant moan for everybody, I'm only one man!  Moan along, help yerself! 😃

You make a good job of trying; as indeed do I 🤣

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

You make a good job of trying; as indeed do I 🤣

I do my best. I was told your best is always good enough. 😃

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I do my best. I was told your best is always good enough. 😃

I do too, but somehow I still manage not to upset too many people, which is really not the aim at all. 

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I do too, but somehow I still manage not to upset too many people, which is really not the aim at all. 

Some people were born upset. Nothing to be done about that.