News Forum - Diver found off Malaysia says his teenage son died while they were adrift

Thaiger

One of the four missing divers who was found off Malaysia yesterday told the Malaysian coastguard his son, a 14 year old boy, died while they were adrift. The man, 46 year old Adrian Chesters, said his 14 year old son Nathen Chesters had become too weak to survive. A statement by the coastguard cited Adrian. “…as a result of being too weak … was unable to survive”. The Indonesian authorities are now expected to continue the search for Nathen’s body. Police earlier said the search for the boy had been called off after they concluded he had floated into […]

The story Diver found off Malaysia says his teenage son died while they were adrift as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

R.i.P, sorry to hear about that. What I am not getting, that is why these group of divers has not clipped/connected themselves together , with their BCD's? A bigger group is easier to find. Also there must be the question allowed, have they had mirrors, "safety sausages" with them? 

8 hours ago, Guest1 said:

R.i.P, sorry to hear about that. What I am not getting, that is why these group of divers has not clipped/connected themselves together , with their BCD's? A bigger group is easier to find. Also there must be the question allowed, have they had mirrors, "safety sausages" with them? 

That is a good point, why didn't the clip themselves together, although it seems like they may been on a training dive so may not have safety lines with them. I have been in situations where I have surfaced with no cover boat in sight, it is scary.