News Forum - Drunk drivers in Thailand could be jailed without suspension during Songkran

Thaiger

On 4/10/2022 at 6:01 AM, Soidog said:

All of these driving issues can be easily fixed. Give me the authority and I’ll fix it inside of a month!

I get totally bored of reading about new initiatives and new ideas to reduce fatalities. This isn’t Cold Fusion they are trying to solve!  Many counties already know how to reduce traffic accidents. Invite people to show you, or jump on a plane (No U.K. pass required) and take a look what they do. It’s so easy. 

They know exactly what to do, they just don’t enforce it.

Plus if you are caught over the drink drive limit, slipping 20,000 baht into the back pocket of a policeman solves the problem. 

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

They know exactly what to do, they just don’t enforce it.

Plus if you are caught over the drink drive limit, slipping 20,000 baht into the back pocket of a policeman solves the problem. 

Exactly. I know they know, so it then begs the question of why don’t they resolve it? They worry about 50-100 people dying from Covid, but don’t worry about 60-70 people dying on the roads each day and 200-300 being injured and disabled. Don’t they care? 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Exactly. I know they know, so it then begs the question of why don’t they resolve it? They worry about 50-100 people dying from Covid, but don’t worry about 60-70 people dying on the roads each day and 200-300 being injured and disabled. Don’t they care? 

They think a bunch of flowers they buy and hang on their mirror saves them from dying or injury and accidents??!😹

Not the speeding and overtaking???😿

• Like 2

And what about the ISuzu death wish squads in their pickups with fat wheels and lowered to the road?

50% of those guys cause most of the accidents?

• Angry 1

Even our quiet Beachside suburb has drivers going over 100kms an hour where children play and families attend the Beach 🏖 

And for what are they speeding for?

No reason just because they can!😼😾

4 minutes ago, Grant said:

And what about the ISuzu death wish squads in their pickups with fat wheels and lowered to the road?

50% of those guys cause most of the accidents?

NO. About 80% of the deaths are on/off motorbikes, youngish people in the afternoons. 

Read the stats, and why would an Isuzu be more likely to be in an accident than say a Toyota or Ford. Come on, get real.

It seems Nobody is willing to try and change this dangerous behaviour, because they want to save face!!

They will continue to kill innocent children And families as the Police don’t seem to care?

Even in their own small villages they sipped and kill !

while the local Police sit back in their offices and think about their other businesses they are running?😿😾

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

NO. About 80% of the deaths are on/off motorbikes, youngish people in the afternoons. 

Read the stats, and why would an Isuzu be more likely to be in an accident than say a Toyota or Ford. Come on, get real.

You obviously don’t get out much?

Go and drive a car out of The city and see what these crazy people are doing!

The afternoon especially after they drink and drive!

1 minute ago, Grant said:

You obviously don’t get out much?

Go and drive a car out of The city and see what these crazy people are doing!

The afternoon especially after they drink and drive!

No, I do not get out of my 'safe' environment too much. Sorry if you disagree with the stats.

4 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

No, I do not get out of my 'safe' environment too much. Sorry if you disagree with the stats.

The young Moto riders are probably pushed off the roads by the pickup trucks and we don’t see why they died?

I and my friends here have travelled all along the coast breadth and width and have nearly been killed on many occasions by crazy speeding drivers and over takers looking for head on collisions 

Last week on a trip from Hua Hin to phuket we saw 2 Head on collision after-mouth One with a truck and 4x d new drivers side of both vehicles pushed back 2 metres and the body was pulled out in mangled pieces!

And I had to slam on my brakes  and actually stop my car on the highway as a semi trailer was overtaking and we had no where to go!

This happens on a regular basis driving the country roads and highways!

30 minutes ago, Grant said:

They think a bunch of flowers they buy and hang on their mirror saves them from dying or injury and accidents??!😹

Most Thais think what we call a rear view mirror is a convenient hook to hang their Buddha paraphernalia. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

The young Moto riders are probably pushed off the roads by the pickup trucks and we don’t see why they died?

No, they were probably PISSED and lost control.

I drive a pick-up and have never killed a young motorcyclist.

25 minutes ago, Grant said:

What a silly statement. Most motorbike accidents are pissed up riders going  off the road, usually STRAIGHT roads. Read the stats.