News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Blimey what did your last slave die of ?

Just google Russonorwegian war ... - Bingo !

They've also been to war with Finland, infact FIFTEEN countries have been invaded by the ruskies in the last century alone - the twats can't help themselves ! (but lay off em, they did do Norway a favour allegedly 78 years ago)

Ehm, but you know that "future.fandom.com" is a game page, right ?

Aside they have used "russo", instead of "russian", and a nato field excercise name, "cold response", for the scenario: 

The second future.fandom "russo-norwegian war" was from August 2019-June 2029. Russian won finland is now russian territory. You did not mention that.

You absolutely disqualified yourself for any discussion in this topic, methinks. Troll?

• Haha 2

It is difficult to discuss with people who are trying to lecture me over my own country's war history, when they apparently do not seem to know basic things. 

*Norway has a physical border with Russia and it is 196 kilometer. I know the border well, because I served there in the military-

*Russia has NEVER waged war against Norway, although we have been attacking them twice in history. 

*Kirkenes (close to Russian border) has 10% Russian population. The people within 20 kilometer of the border has a "border pass" where both sides can freely go back and forth.

*The fishing regulations between Russia and Norway preserve a lot of the world's fishing stock. This relationship has to be preserved. 

*People in North of Norway typically DO NOT LIKE this war and wants Russia to stop. However, we also do not want to burn all the bridges for the future. 

*American troops who are based in Norway has contributed to souring our relationship. These troops came long time before this conflict. NATO simply wants to escalation tensions and create a new front of geostrategic pressure upon the bear.  

*Russia does not have enough troops up there to have any chance of invading Norway. The roadwork alone is only ONE road and unless supply chaos will ensue, they will have to invade Finland too. That will never happen. 

So, to all my RUSSIAN friends in the world; the Ukraineans I know; other fellow Europeans sisters&brothers and the "partners" in USA and UK, I hope there is understanding that we need a relationship with Russia AFTER this conflict is over as well. Neither do we need to be dragged into the largers geostrategic toggle between USA and Russia (which ultimately this entire conflict is about). 

A demilitarization of the entire North Atlantic (or the part which is in Nordic EEZ) would incentivise Russia to demilitarize the Kola Peninsula, which they want to do. It is costing them a lot to have miitary up in that area.   

I am in favor of a NORDIC defense union and trade alliance, independent of the players of EU, UK and USA.  Not unlike Thailand of today, btw.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

It is difficult to discuss with people who are trying to lecture me over my own country's war history, when they apparently do not seem to know basic things. 

*Norway has a physical border with Russia and it is 196 kilometer. I know the border well, because I served there in the military-

*Russia has NEVER waged war against Norway, although we have been attacking them twice in history. 

*Kirkenes (close to Russian border) has 10% Russian population. The people within 20 kilometer of the border has a "border pass" where both sides can freely go back and forth.

*The fishing regulations between Russia and Norway preserve a lot of the world's fishing stock. This relationship has to be preserved. 

*People in North of Norway typically DO NOT LIKE this war and wants Russia to stop. However, we also do not want to burn all the bridges for the future. 

*American troops who are based in Norway has contributed to souring our relationship. These troops came long time before this conflict. NATO simply wants to escalation tensions and create a new front of geostrategic pressure upon the bear.  

*Russia does not have enough troops up there to have any chance of invading Norway. The roadwork alone is only ONE road and unless supply chaos will ensue, they will have to invade Finland too. That will never happen. 

So, to all my RUSSIAN friends in the world; the Ukraineans I know; other fellow Europeans sisters&brothers and the "partners" in USA and UK, I hope there is understanding that we need a relationship with Russia AFTER this conflict is over as well. Neither do we need to be dragged into the largers geostrategic toggle between USA and Russia (which ultimately this entire conflict is about). 

A demilitarization of the entire North Atlantic (or the part which is in Nordic EEZ) would incentivise Russia to demilitarize the Kola Peninsula, which they want to do. It is costing them a lot to have miitary up in that area.   

I am in favor of a NORDIC defense union and trade alliance, independent of the players of EU, UK and USA.  Not unlike Thailand of today, btw.

Dont worry, Benroon  took either a game page for real, or he is just trolling around

8 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

How long has Norway been a member of NATO?

What you are proposing is a policy of appeasement. 

Can you give examples from the past when that has worked?

28 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

In what way are those reputable sources?

Just put your head back in the sand, as i recall Chelsea Manning wasnt imprisoned for leaking government documents..... o wait.  

but to your point, at the bottom you have bio's on the authors.  

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Just saying. We tend to come straight to the point in China.

Which no-one has done about this 'rules based order' so for me it's nonsense and will be treated as such. 😄

Fine.. to stay in the topic, I am going to have a thought of the brave Russian people who are currently in jail to express their strong idea against their leaders to go to war.  What about the topic? The leaders and the people, how is anyone not understanding that this stands as two different state of power of opposite consequences.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:13 PM, HighSo said:

„Freedom“ and „Democracy“

In which countries in the world, maybe beside Switzerland with their direct democracy, do you see any of this?

What I can see is a powerful Elite that gives people the illusion of decision-making by allowing them to put a cross on a piece of paper every few years. 
While in reality most politicians can then be bought, or were paid before already, to decide how the powerful Elite wishes.

There are dozen examples of this being used in like every „democratic“ country in the world.

It seems that you might be a relatively simple-minded guy, who does not dare to have a look behind the curtains of the world stage.

I looked behind the curtains once and I saw an Alien, I asked him what he wanted and he said he is taking a break from ruling the world and being a secret Elite, he will get back to it in a minute.

8 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I suppose you could say that slaughtering Ukrainians is "they may be wrong" I would rank that along side of someone saying Hitler is jolly cross. 🇺🇲

According to the UN, 1,417 civilians were killed in Ukraine.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/news/2022/04/ukraine-civilian-casualty-update-3-april-2022#:~:text=Related&text=From%204%20a.m.%20on% 2024.1%2C417%20killed%20and%202%2C038%20injured

Is it worth it next to the hundreds of thousands of uncivilized, and therefore undeserving to live, Iraqis who died during an invasion by civilized gentlemen?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Did you see the same kind of images from the Ukraine in ANY war the west has been involved in for the past 40 years?

No. You haven't. Because professional western armies dont do that.

Yes 

https://wikileaks.org/

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

How long has Norway been a member of NATO?

What you are proposing is a policy of appeasement. 

Can you give examples from the past when that has worked?

Last time I checked Ukraine was not member of NATO. So it does not matter how long Norway has been a member. 

Appeasment to whom? and for whom? So if we do bot do as you say, it is appeasment?

The United Nations security council have solved 4 out of 5 conflicts it has been involved in. Maybe first step would be to realize this a geopolitical conflict with poor Ukraine as pawns for one side.  There are plenty of examples where peace negotiations have worked. 

Your post is a classic example why being a member of NATO is such a bad idea. 

5 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Just put your head back in the sand, as i recall Chelsea Manning wasnt imprisoned for leaking government documents..... o wait.  

but to your point, at the bottom you have bio's on the authors.  

Killing journalists is only a war crime when others does it....

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 7:03 PM, Thaiger said:

The Russian PM, Mikhail Mishustin, has revealed that Russia would open its sky to 52 “friendly” countries from April 9 onwards after being closed to prevent the spread of Covid-19. And that other matter.  On the list is Thailand who says they’re ready to welcome the Russian travellers back. Given the current situation with the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, following Russia’s invasion in March, the ‘happy’ media release about the flights resuming “due to the removal of Covid restrictions” will probably amount to nothing except some ‘feel good’ local media. There’s also a long list of aircraft lessors […]

The story Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand is a two-faced and spineless 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Last time I checked Ukraine was not member of NATO. So it does not matter how long Norway has been a member. 

Appeasment to whom? and for whom? So if we do bot do as you say, it is appeasment?

The United Nations security council have solved 4 out of 5 conflicts it has been involved in. Maybe first step would be to realize this a geopolitical conflict with poor Ukraine as pawns for one side.  There are plenty of examples where peace negotiations have worked. 

Putin invaded the Ukraine without justification. What negotiations should happen? He needs to pull his troops out and stand trial for war crimes. Anything else is appeasement. 

Russia has a veto on the UN's security council so what actions can it take?

• Like 1

Note from Moderators

I checked  the map and can't seem to find Norway in Thailand. Unsure why we are even talking about it in a thread titled "Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!". This is just one example of the off topic discussion.

It seems every member, his dog and cat have decided to have a political discourse on everything else bar the topic itself. 

Thanks to those few members, @Manuand @Pooliefor example, who have tried to bring it back on topic.

For the rest, let's try and make an attempt to discuss the topic please.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fundok said:

That link just gives a second link to the Guardian (UK newspaper) which shows Putins popularity ratings. The information that it does offer is a month old, plus its from the home of disinformation, America. Nice try though. 😃

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Looks like Russian propaganda but if there are actually any flights to Thailand using leased aircraft of Boeing/Airbus and these are not seized by Thai Authorities this will probably result in secondary sanctions being imposed on Thailand 

I suspect that Russia will not use seized planes that are up for reposession by their rightful owers. 

But THAI could be servicing those routes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

That link just gives a second link to the Guardian (UK newspaper) which shows Putins popularity ratings.

What do you expect? No free press and media in Russia anymore, so getting an independent poll with 100% tangible results that withhold every level of scrutiny is impossible. So under the given circumstances, we have to take what we have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fundok said:

What do you expect? No free press and media in Russia anymore, so getting an independent poll with 100% tangible results that withhold every level of scrutiny is impossible. So under the given circumstances, we have to take what we have.

But you dont have to believe them, let alone re-publish them as authoritative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

That link just gives a second link to the Guardian (UK newspaper) which shows Putins popularity ratings. The information that it does offer is a month old, plus its from the home of disinformation, America. Nice try though. 😃

Surely the “ home” of Disinformation would be Unfree Tyrannies eg Russia, China, Iran, where every word can be presumed a Fabricated Lie & can only be challenged / exposed by Free Nations.  USA -originated lies are swiftly exposed inside USA, a Free Nation. 

• Like 2

Thailand had better be careful who they decide to sleep with. If it looks like there Encouraging Russians to Travel there that could be seen as cozying up to Putin and Sanctions could be imposed on any country supporting  Putin's war.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Typical Nordic la la land naivety.
LIke those Nordic girls going “ hiking” in Morocco, believing all cultures are equal & welcoming, ignoring common sense & visual evidence, ended up raped, beheaded & very dead.

Replace “ Morocco” with Russia for Reality Check 🤣

Russia would eat Norway for breakfast without NATO ! Russia is “nice” to Norway for self- interest only. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

According to the UN, 1,417 civilians were killed in Ukraine.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/news/2022/04/ukraine-civilian-casualty-update-3-april-2022#:~:text=Related&text=From%204%20a.m.%20on% 2024.1%2C417%20killed%20and%202%2C038%20injured

Is it worth it next to the hundreds of thousands of uncivilized, and therefore undeserving to live, Iraqis who died during an invasion by civilized gentlemen?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

UN credibility in these or any matters on par with Russia or China. Western estimates of around 4,000 seem more realistic.

Western killings in Iraq were principally of targeted insurgents, mainly murderous psychopathic gunmen making a business of chaos & murder & not noted for their charitable deeds.

Around 40-50 thousand very bad guys with perhaps 5,000 civilians killed indirectly being used as human shield by the “ brave” insurgents.

The “hundreds of thousands” above that are lies, exaggerations or natives killing natives.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, vlad said:

Thailand had better be careful who they decide to sleep with. If it looks like there Encouraging Russians to Travel there that could be seen as cozying up to Putin and Sanctions could be imposed on any country supporting  Putin's war.

So what? Sanctions dont work except for where they're 'imposed.' Most Asian countries dont 'do' sanctions. They've got more sense.

• Like 1