News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, Manu said:

Only because someone mentioned it, I do not see your comment saying so in that article of my original post. Well I am genuinely believing that you must have not been visiting thethaiger that day and all the other days with similar published articles so you could say your word. I would have anyway disagreed cause “tourists “ are not responsible for wars but i leave this for another occasion. 

Wouldn't let the Chinese in either until they sort out their human rights record.

Sadly still not up to me.

I am truly sorry I missed a post you made. Note to self. Must try harder. I simply do not want to miss a single educational and enlightening post that you make.

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Wouldn't let the Chinese in either until they sort out their human rights record.

Sadly still not up to me.

I am truly sorry I missed a post you made. Note to self. Must try harder. I simply do not want to miss a single educational and enlightening post that you make.

Wouldn’t… ??  So you wish that the common people suffer because of their political regimes actions? Every single one of them regardless??? Great man.                                                 As for the last paragraph of your comment: ??????????                                                               I guess it is the end of this pointless attempt to debate. Was not trying in the first place since it is pointless, I repeat it was about Russian tourists, and you decided to answer to one of my comment without knowing what I said originally cause I was answering to someone so you did not get the full picture of what I said, the subject of this thread and the unfair treatment since normal people like tourists are neither responsible nor have any impact on it whatever we think about it. Them, you, me, the Russian, Saudi, and Chinese tourists. But you wish them to… what? Die? Disappear off the earth? Suffer hunger and misery cause their leaders went to war? No, just not coming on holiday to Thailand. What a great vision of a better world.

1 minute ago, Manu said:

Wouldn’t… ??  So you wish that the common people suffer because of their political regimes actions? Every single one of them regardless??? Great man.                                                 As for the last paragraph of your comment: ??????????                                                               I guess it is the end of this pointless attempt to debate. Was not trying in the first place since it is pointless, I repeat it was about Russian tourists, and you decided to answer to one of my comment without knowing what I said originally cause I was answering to someone so you did not get the full picture of what I said, the subject of this thread and the unfair treatment since normal people like tourists are neither responsible nor have any impact on it whatever we think about it. Them, you, me, the Russian, Saudi, and Chinese tourists. But you wish them to… what? Die? Disappear off the earth? Suffer hunger and misery cause their leaders went to war? No, just not coming on holiday to Thailand. What a great vision of a better world.

Whats the problem?

Because those poor people are nothing to do with the dictators in charge?

How about they get up off their arse and change the leader? That way the wider world accepts them.

If you are a tourist coming from one of these dictatorships then clearly you are one of those allowed to travel because you have never complained about the tyrant in charge. Ergo you are part of the problem not the solution.

Stop asking the rest off the world to accommodate you because you benefit from and like the autocrat in charge.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Soidog said:

The point of the sanctions are to make the every day Russians realise what a scum bag leader THEY voted for.

Its cute you think Russia has free and fair elections.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vigo said:

Nonsense. US soldiers are not engaged in war crimes in the Ukraine. In the past 40+ years,

key words, "in Ukraine".  So war crimes in other countries are ok, just dont do them in Ukraine?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Vigo said:

f Thailand welcomes Russian tourists it will cost Thailand since the local Thais won't accept Russian currency and if the reliance is on western curences. then Thailand's banking system will be open to sanctions.

Which brings us back to me not liking sanctions as they adversely affect those who have little to no control over the situation.  

4 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Which brings us back to me not liking sanctions as they adversely affect those who have little to no control over the situation.  

Of course they have control. They can force a regime change. As Russia has many times.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

key words, "in Ukraine".  So war crimes in other countries are ok, just dont do them in Ukraine?

Did you see the same kind of images from the Ukraine in ANY war the west has been involved in for the past 40 years?

No. You haven't. Because professional western armies dont do that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrNovax said:

What other options has the west got, maybe stop Putins morning papers being delivered, oops, forgot he writes them, maybe get the bin men to stop emptying his bins.

Nope, no other options I'm afraid, the Russians voted him in and they'll have to get him out, that is the way of the world. But the Russians seem to think he's a swell guy, so they may have to live with the consequences for a while yet and if what's going on in the Ukraine doesn't bother them, they deserve all they get.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Manu said:

Well, world population does need to reduce to 500 million at some point …gotta start somewhere….. 

18 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

What other options has the west got, maybe stop Putins morning papers being delivered, oops, forgot he writes them, maybe get the bin men to stop emptying his bins.

Nope, no other options I'm afraid, the Russians voted him in and they'll have to get him out, that is the way of the world. But the Russians seem to think he's a swell guy, so they may have to live with the consequences for a while yet and if what's going on in the Ukraine doesn't bother them, they deserve all they get.

Russians have always deserved what they get ….everybody nation does …

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

To be clear:

It is not the average RUSSIAN who is responsible for this war any more than the average AMERICAN is responsible for Libya, Syria, Vietnam, IRaq, Afghanistan or the atrocities in Yemen.

However, what IS  a fact is that much of my family would not have been alive in WW2 if it was not for the Red army coming to our rescue in 1944. 

20 million+ Russian soldiers died to free Europe from Nazism and took most the German army on OTO while US forces barely managed to invaade France in 1944, which was guarded by the letovers of German soldiers. 

The mobbing (Russian children are being bullied in schools in Europe now); harassment (Russian culture is being demeanded and marginalized); sanctions (now foreign medicines will lead to sick people dying) and proxy warfare (giving the Ukraineans arms so they and Russians will die while the West looks at it) is out of place. 

Russia is being manhandled by the West as never before. The majority of the world does NOT take part in this. China lifted ten millions out of poverty in the last decade. Thailand is doing amazing things to develop it's country. India is working to create peace and harmony with it's neighbors and is now the largest aid contributor to Afghanistan. None of these nations need lecturing from people who sit in glasshouses and throw heavy stones. 

Please take to your senses. And try to realize that the entire world is not yours to own. 

The Russians saving your family 78 years ago don’t give them the right, lawfuly or moraly, to attack an independent country and commit war crimes now. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Its cute you think Russia has free and fair elections.  

Thanks for the insult. But I’ve never thought or said that. The point being that there were still enough people who voted for Putin (rigged or not). In fact Putins popularity is growing following the unprovoked attack on Ukraine. It’s simply not acceptable for the citizens of a country to wash their hands of any responsibility. If not Russians, then who? As the saying goes: People get the government they deserve.  There are plenty of generals and soldiers with guns who can put a stop to this maniac but choose not to. Only the Russian people can stop him. They need to crack on and do it sooner rather than later. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Alavan said:

The Russians saving your family 78 years ago don’t give them the right, lawfuly or moraly, to attack an independent country and commit war crimes now. 

Estimated 8-10 million Russian military WW2 dead .. …. virtual suicide with mass human wave attacks (+ 10 million dead east front civilians ).
France landings were UK / Canada / US with nearly all the specialized equipment designed & built by UK with most of the best strategy & hard fighting by UK / Canada.  US had huge production & logistics which made the difference on ALL Fronts. Russia easily defeated in 1952 without US Materiel & UK Delivery / Air Support. UK / US invaded Italy in 1943 don’t forget.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Link, please. Nato in war against Russia? You never stop learning something

Blimey what did your last slave die of ?

Just google Russonorwegian war ... - Bingo !

They've also been to war with Finland, infact FIFTEEN countries have been invaded by the ruskies in the last century alone - the twats can't help themselves ! (but lay off em, they did do Norway a favour allegedly 78 years ago)

1 hour ago, Manu said:

We call them bigots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

So alternatives please ? 

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

We call them bigots.

Thanks. Whatever we call them is not helping the full picture overall, which is taking sides on something all of us have no clue about. Blaming the common people tourists is just fuel for hate, nothing else. I don’t like it that’s the least to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Did you see the same kind of images from the Ukraine in ANY war the west has been involved in for the past 40 years?

No. You haven't. Because professional western armies dont do that.

You dont see them because you dont look.

https://original.antiwar.com/kelly/2019/03/10/judging-us-war-crimes/

This one go down to "Experiments in Torture"

https://original.antiwar.com/engelhardt/2016/04/24/exhibit-one-future-american-war-crimes-trial/

Edited by MrNovax

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Russians have always deserved what they get ….everybody nation does …

Nation? What does that even mean? Can you tell us please? 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Well, world population does need to reduce to 500 million at some point …gotta start somewhere….. 

says who? You heard it from someone and that’s it, it is the truth. You go on with a statement but nothing else. What’s got-to do with the topic of the Russian tourists I don’t know. It is only an online forum, things of the world are not being decided here you see. How about the only relevant topic of the poors getting poorer and the richests bla bla… the only one related to ALL topics? Wars, politics, capitalism, human beings, bla bla bla… Let’s stick to the subject, that’s already not easy enough…

55 minutes ago, Manu said:

Thanks. Whatever we call them is not helping the full picture overall, which is taking sides on something all of us have no clue about. Blaming the common people tourists is just fuel for hate, nothing else. I don’t like it that’s the least to say.

Have no clue about ? Seriously ?

59 minutes ago, Manu said:

Just saying. We tend to come straight to the point in China.

Which no-one has done about this 'rules based order' so for me it's nonsense and will be treated as such. 😄

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Have no clue about ? Seriously ?

Question marks, 2, altogether 5 words. How is actually this conversation can even get started? About the Russian tourists, I repeat it is the object of this thread… just saying…