News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Fundok said:

The majority of Russians endorse this war, so in my eyes they also have blood on their hands.

That link has to be worth a view, surely?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

Abstentions, in any vote, can also be seen as a refusal to be dragged into an issue. Your demand for a “Yes or No” answer is based on absolutes and politics doesn’t work that way. It creates a mindset of “Us vs Them” as you have clearly shown here. 
I hope the Russians pour back in and pump some money into the country. Tourists are tourists, they are not a country’s appointed representatives .

I agree it creates an us and them. “us” who condemn the utterly unnecessary violence against innocent civilians. And “Them” who are happy to turn away or condone it. I’m happy to see my country being unequivocal and showing the disdain Russia deserves. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Good for Thailand!  The average Russian citizen has nothing to do with Putin's war and more counties should realize that all these dumb restrictions, sanctions, and other idiotic ideas hurt innocent people who have nothing to do with all this foolishness.  Hopefully this will allow people who want to leave Russia to get out and those trapped outside of Russia and removed from their family's to get back to them.  

Dumb ? Sanctions that cut off russias spending power to invade sovereign countries and murder their citizens whilst their hands are tied, and rape women in front of their young daughters ? 

That dumb you mean ? 

As for ‘your average Russian’ a recent poll WITHIN Russia showed that Putins popularity received a boost ! 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Well Thailand did open Pattaya for American GIs to R&R during the Vietnam war despite them also raping and murdering civilians bringing democracy to south east Asia so I reckon this is fair game.

Remember, Americans are the only ones who are allwoed to burn people, rape, bomb houses and spread "democracy>".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Totoro said:

Shame ,shame,shame on you. Be proud of yourself. You know, what goes around comes around. Very bad Karma.  Being called a Russia friendly country would me want to curl up and die.

Russian people are good people. If there is anyone who should be ashamed, it is American boothlickers.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Soidog said:

The point of the sanctions are to make the every day Russians realise what a scum bag leader THEY voted for. Maybe when their life heads back to the Cold War days they may decide to vote differently. I’ve said it many times. The Russian people are not evil, only leaders are evil. But make no mistake, Putin isn’t the one driving the tanks, shooting the missiles or firing the guns. That’s everyday Russian soldiers. So I’m sorry to be harsh on the everyday Russian. But this is their shit to sort out and the world needs to send a very clear message to them and Putin. What is delaying that message getting through is other like minded countries such as China, Myanmar and now we can add Thailand to the list.  

Here we have another high-minded buffoon, who believes United States is God. If USa had not pushed the entire Europe so close to Russia all the Ukrainean lives would not have been lost. 

And the American people care NOTHING for all the tens of thousands of innocent civillians they bomb in Syria, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan. 

• Haha 1

Americans are being haughty about the Russian Ruble. At the same time, their fake Dollar is being removed as reserve currency everyhere. Even Saudi-Arabia (one of USA's allies and BEHEAD gays) are thinking of ditching the dollar. 

This was is just another banker war. I am happy that Thailand realizes their country is large enough to be bullied by the idiots in Washington DC. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is a Thaiger article dated March 2 about the first direct flight of Saudi tourists arriving to Thailand

Now I am checking the comment section, searching desperately for a single "anti-war" comment denouncing the abomination created by the Saudi Arabia war in Yemen since 2015, with 100 000s civilians killed, "over 150,000 of these deaths were the direct result of the armed conflict, while far more have died due to hunger and disease as a result of the humanitarian crisis caused by the war" (https://caat.org.uk/homepage/stop-arming-saudi-arabia/the-war-on-yemens-civilians/). Now why is that? Is it because this war is not on TV 24/7? Is it because Ukraine is so close to the West and Yemen...well nobody cannot even locate that country on a map? Is it because the Russian regime is a dictature (yes it is) but the Saudi Arabian regime is a wonderful democraty fighting for freedom (which would not change the fact that as always it is the civilians who have nothing to do with it that suffer the consequences...like for EVERY SINGLE AWFUL WAR)? Some above say that they will not come to Thailand if Russian tourists are, but will you not come to Thailand because of Saudi tourists being allowed to come too?

I was just wondering...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NorskTiger said:

Russian people are good people. If there is anyone who should be ashamed, it is American boothlickers.

One thing I like about this site is there are few trolls - so how has this one slipped through the net ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

One thing I like about this site is there are few trolls - so how has this one slipped through the net ?

9 posts in the 2 hours that he is a member

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

<derogatory comment removed>  I am as Norwegian as they come. I have many Thai friends and train with them and we have fun toogether. Not ONE has ever mentioned they want to "boycott" Russia. 

You should be more worried about the dollar crashing. 

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

10 minutes ago, Alavan said:

9 posts in the 2 hours that he is a member

I'm sure the mods will be on it in a minute or two .....

15 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Is there a time limit on postings or is this just another of the many "rules-based" orders the American overlords and their British lapdogs want to put in place. 

No but there is a limit on stupidity per square inch and you've massively exceeded it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be clear:

It is not the average RUSSIAN who is responsible for this war any more than the average AMERICAN is responsible for Libya, Syria, Vietnam, IRaq, Afghanistan or the atrocities in Yemen.

However, what IS  a fact is that much of my family would not have been alive in WW2 if it was not for the Red army coming to our rescue in 1944. 

20 million+ Russian soldiers died to free Europe from Nazism and took most the German army on OTO while US forces barely managed to invaade France in 1944, which was guarded by the letovers of German soldiers. 

The mobbing (Russian children are being bullied in schools in Europe now); harassment (Russian culture is being demeanded and marginalized); sanctions (now foreign medicines will lead to sick people dying) and proxy warfare (giving the Ukraineans arms so they and Russians will die while the West looks at it) is out of place. 

Russia is being manhandled by the West as never before. The majority of the world does NOT take part in this. China lifted ten millions out of poverty in the last decade. Thailand is doing amazing things to develop it's country. India is working to create peace and harmony with it's neighbors and is now the largest aid contributor to Afghanistan. None of these nations need lecturing from people who sit in glasshouses and throw heavy stones. 

Please take to your senses. And try to realize that the entire world is not yours to own. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

No but there is a limit on stupidity per square inch and you've massively exceeded it.

Can someone point me towards this 'rules based order' and which rules are included? I'm curious, see? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Can someone point me towards this 'rules based order' and which rules are included? I'm curious, see? 

The rules are made up as they go. Whatever the USA does is good (Like Madeleine Albright saying "it is worth it", when a 100000 children died due to sanctions against Saddam); or when Iraq had "Weapons of Mass destruction" and had to be invaded. 

THAT, is the "Rules-based order" of the high and mighty in Washington DC. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorskTiger said:

The rules are made up as they go. Whatever the USA does is good (Like Madeleine Albright saying "it is worth it", when a 100000 children died due to sanctions against Saddam); or when Iraq had "Weapons of Mass destruction" and had to be invaded. 

THAT, is the "Rules-based order" of the high and mighty in Washington DC. 

Well thanks, but is there no sort of document that details it?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

To be clear:

It is not the average RUSSIAN who is responsible for this war any more than the average AMERICAN is responsible for Libya, Syria, Vietnam, IRaq, Afghanistan or the atrocities in Yemen.

However, what IS  a fact is that much of my family would not have been alive in WW2 if it was not for the Red army coming to our rescue in 1944. 

20 million+ Russian soldiers died to free Europe from Nazism and took most the German army on OTO while US forces barely managed to invaade France in 1944, which was guarded by the letovers of German soldiers. 

The mobbing (Russian children are being bullied in schools in Europe now); harassment (Russian culture is being demeanded and marginalized); sanctions (now foreign medicines will lead to sick people dying) and proxy warfare (giving the Ukraineans arms so they and Russians will die while the West looks at it) is out of place. 

Russia is being manhandled by the West as never before. The majority of the world does NOT take part in this. China lifted ten millions out of poverty in the last decade. Thailand is doing amazing things to develop it's country. India is working to create peace and harmony with it's neighbors and is now the largest aid contributor to Afghanistan. None of these nations need lecturing from people who sit in glasshouses and throw heavy stones. 

Please take to your senses. And try to realize that the entire world is not yours to own. 

haha so based on something that happened 78 years ago, Russia get a free pass to invade a neighbouring democracy for no reason other than paranoia correct for the rest of time ?

So....ignore the invasion, indiscriminate murder and raping of innocent civilians right ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

To be clear:

You started with 'to be clear' and then wrote fog inducing garbage - so to be clear, can you be clear please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No booze between 2 and 5 !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

No booze between 2 and 5 !

Right, gotcha, but what's all the stuff that the mighty Yanks are blathering on about?

9 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Right, gotcha, but what's all the stuff that the mighty Yanks are blathering on about?

Not sure, but I think Thor will be along in a second once his meds have kicked in to explain ....

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Benroon said:

haha so based on something that happened 78 years ago, Russia get a free pass to invade a neighbouring democracy for no reason other than paranoia correct for the rest of time ?

So....ignore the invasion, indiscriminate murder and raping of innocent civilians right ?

Did I say that? I am simply saying that Russia is our neighboradn we have a good history.  We don't abandon friends even if they may be wrong. Better to be able to try helping him and the world.

4 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Did I say that? I am simply saying that Russia is our neighboradn we have a good history.  We don't abandon friends even if they may be wrong. Better to be able to try helping him and the world.

I suppose you could say that slaughtering Ukrainians is "they may be wrong" I would rank that along side of someone saying Hitler is jolly cross. 🇺🇲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1