News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Fester said:

Please explain how you have managed to quote a post not written by me but with my name on it?

Sorry,

it was a post by Norsktiger, but I quoted it in your response to him. Bit lazy from me.

51 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Norway did that in 1940.

Norway put up a decent resistance with UK / French support for two months😌😎

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Norway put up a decent resistance with UK / French support for two months😌😎

Indeed but a certain individual on here is adamant that Norway is invincible.

I thought I would take the opportunity to point out its not ergo being part of NATO is a good thing.

• Cool 1

30 minutes ago, Grant said:

Just replying to Karl Marx!

I think he said no news stations were covering Mercenaries helping Russia so it isn’t true?

Something like that?

I think the original message was about a British “mercenary” / volunteer recently killed in Ukraine and the news being available on BBC, not Russia hiring mercenaries. It would help if you had quoted the original post you are replying to. 

• Cool 1

34 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I think the original message was about a British “mercenary” / volunteer recently killed in Ukraine and the news being available on BBC, not Russia hiring mercenaries. It would help if you had quoted the original post you are replying to. 

But well in the spirit of this thread despite the technical error identified😌👍

59 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Indeed but a certain individual on here is adamant that Norway is invincible.

I thought I would take the opportunity to point out its not ergo being part of NATO is a good thing.

They were invincible raiders 1000 years ago. That’s why I referenced NT the excellent “ Vikings” tv series. Also thanks to the Norman infusion then, England later UK avoided being irrelevant under the dull near- useless Saxon who in 500 years had done naff all compared to the Franks 20 miles away on the mainland of Europe…..😠😩

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

They were invincible raiders 1000 years ago. That’s why I referenced NT the excellent “ Vikings” tv series. Also thanks to the Norman infusion then, England later UK avoided being irrelevant under the dull near- useless Saxon who in 500 years had done naff all compared to the Franks 20 miles away on the mainland of Europe…..😠😩

Was different in Scotland where we were not bothered (mostly) by either the Angles or the Saxons.

We did have issues with Norse raiders but they were driven out. Eventually. 

Anyway we are WAY of topic here.

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Was different in Scotland where we were not bothered (mostly) by either the Angles or the Saxons.

We did have issues with Norse raiders but they were driven out. Eventually. 

Anyway we are WAY of topic here.

Lowland Scotland was colonized near identically by these invaders I believe but yes well off topic. Cool stuff though😎😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Just replying to Karl Marx!

I think he said no news stations were covering Mercenaries helping Russia so it isn’t true?

Something like that?

well I just looked it up and he’s totally wrong and misleading, if that’s what he said?

C7265818-A98A-4DF2-971D-26A12DDBD7B1.jpeg

1D3BEA9F-99D4-42C7-A5A3-8164CC8CBA11.jpeg

10A31C33-72F8-48F1-868A-E3C089D2A245.jpeg

The Wagner group of neonazis are actually well documented for their atrocities and breaches of the Minsk agreement.

But its something you just cannot get the Czar Putin apologists to engage with. 

They ignore all that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The Wagner group of neonazis are actually well documented for their atrocities and breaches of the Minsk agreement.

But its something you just cannot get the Czar Putin apologists to engage with. 

They ignore all that.

Typical unconvincing Russia style “ plausible deniability” as Putins Effin’ “ chef” is the unfailing “cut out “ connection between Putin & Wagner !!🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alavan said:

Sorry,

it was a post by Norsktiger, but I quoted it in your response to him. Bit lazy from me.

OK. Thanks.

It might be fair to say that Russian TV are now preparing their audience for a Russian defeat by telling the Russians that they are fighting NATO, lie after lie after lie.

"Watch what happens when one pundit on Russian state TV tries to ask why it's taking so long for Russia to win in Ukraine: head of RT Margarita Simonyan nearly pecks his head off, as she argues that Russia is fighting NATO in Ukraine." He quickly backs down: "I didn't complain!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

It might be fair to say that Russian TV are now preparing their audience for a Russian defeat by telling the Russians that they are fighting NATO, lie after lie after lie.

Seems like more of an attempt at justifying the military and economic losses by Russia to date and the impact of sanctions on every day people. aka propaganda. 

Mariupol is as good as done, leaving the eastern border under Russian control. 

“Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned that elimination of his country's last remaining troops in Mariupol would put an end to talks with Russia.”

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220417_05/

And Zelenskyy is playing the nuclear fear card. What does he want apart from more weapons, money and no Germans? A preemptive nuclear strike by the West to obliterate all Russian nukes?  One nuke won’t do the job or get the message across so they may as well turn Russia into a radioactive no-go zone. Except those precious oil and gas fields of course. Some things are sacred 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220417_10/ 

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:27 AM, Grant said:

How are they getting the cash?

if banks won’t exchange Rubples?

Russian people are not stupid, many of them have been collecting USD and EUR cash for years. My family, for example.

Putin's propaganda tries to show Russian people as a horde of brainless zombie who believe Russian government and keep their money in Russian banks.

It is not really so, the majority of Russian people who have money never trusted Russian financial system and are fully aware of the history of devaluation of Russian ruble - they keep their savings in more stable currencies (and in cash).

• Thanks 1

Putin attacked Ukraine for one reason. He thought he could get away with it....

It worked with Donbass, with Georgia, with Syria, and it worked with Crimea.

Ukraine moving towards the West and away from Russia threatens his power and his ability to remain in power. His number one worry is the fate of all dictators, to be overthrown and to end up dead or in jail. It's no wonder he sits at the end of a long table or surrounds himself with flight attendants, lol.

His time will come though either through revolt or old age...

Russia says Ukraine was about NATO but the reality is Russia actively trying to attract countries to their sphere of influence just as NATO does the same. The reality is Russia has to bribe leaders of countries to join Russia while other countries simply do not trust Russia and are smart enough to know there is no future with Russia.

Ukraine being invaded now has permanently caused Ukrainians to never trust Russia again. It also is resulting in Sweden and Finland to move towards NATO (later this year) with more countries next on the list. And those countries previously were always neutral but now the population has little trust in Russia.

I don't really feel there is genocide going on in Ukraine, but war crimes by Russians there is no doubt. Putin has found out the people do not want Russia to be there and are actively resisting. The only way for Russia to conquer ground is to bomb the cities to rubble and get rid of the resisting population. It is the same tactic that Hitler used when he tried to take over Russia though it did not end well at Stalingrad. Russia could not even get to Kiev before they had to turn around and bail out which again is same thing Hitler found with Moscow. They are making one last desperate attempt to get as much ground as they can in the Donbass and then they will hope that Ukraine makes concessions. But that will not happen.... Zelensky knows that the key to successful negotiations is to negotiate from a position of power. He knows that Ukraine's' defense gets stronger with each day and Russian soldiers morale will only deteriorate with time just like the US in Vietnam. Putin will then huff and puff and threaten nuclear weapons... oh wait he has already done this many times.... boringgggg. Yeah he has kinda already ruined that bluff card. No one believes the boy who cried wolf.... 

Expect Mariupol to fall, expect Russia to make advances in Donbass, then expect Ukrainians to do never-ending counterattacks and Russian soldiers doing anything to get the heck out of Ukraine. With time the Russian soldiers will see their future being either dead, crippled, or maimed and for no purpose.....   

Ya Putin has already lost, he is just too stupid to have figured it out and the US is laughing at him as he drags this on which is exactly what they want. If Putin had half a brain he would leave all of Ukraine (Crimea included) and make some sort of mutual defense pack and reparation settlement with Ukraine. But I just don't see that happening as he has his mutual idiots Lavrov and party who blind him from the reality of the situation. Yes, Ukraine is a total clusterfuk for Russia and the US is just laughing at how bad things are going and how much Russia is helping the Wests power and sphere of influence to grow.   

• Like 2

On 4/7/2022 at 2:34 PM, MrNovax said:

Good for Thailand!  The average Russian citizen has nothing to do with Putin's war and more counties should realize that all these dumb restrictions, sanctions, and other idiotic ideas hurt innocent people who have nothing to do with all this foolishness.  Hopefully this will allow people who want to leave Russia to get out and those trapped outside of Russia and removed from their family's to get back to them.  

Yes, sanctions may hurt innocent Russians. But they are not being mass-murdered like Ukrainians are. Those innocent Russians are infinitely better off than the Ukrainian victims of Russia's genocide.

Also, sadly, it seems that Putin actually has strong support for his genocide among Russians. Particularly older people.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:16 PM, NorskTiger said:

I am just if the opinion that NATO and in particular USA/UK seem desperate in a need to create conflict and turmoil to try delaying the inevitable.

This conflict was created by Russia, but nice try.

Long before Ukraine.

The only totally unreasonable foreigner I encountered in 8 years of Thai life was a Russian. 

Some others were no angels, but he was a special case.

Prick at first sight, you might say.

The world has forgotten the MH airline atrocity too. 

Among other inoccents, half the world's elite HIV experts were lost in that pointless crime. 

What's the butterfly effect of that on world health?

The evidence points to Russia.

Patton should have been unleashed on them in 1946, while they were at their weakest. If so CCP might not exist today either.

Shame really. 

Edited by Zorba_the_Geek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 3:42 PM, Guphz said:

Yes, sanctions may hurt innocent Russians. But they are not being mass-murdered like Ukrainians are. Those innocent Russians are infinitely better off than the Ukrainian victims of Russia's genocide.

Also, sadly, it seems that Putin actually has strong support for his genocide among Russians. Particularly older people.

So your in the "two wrongs make a right" camp i guess.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 2:34 PM, MrNovax said:

So your in the "two wrongs make a right" camp i guess.  

No, forcing Russia into submission is right and just.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:22 AM, Guphz said:

No, forcing Russia into submission is right and just.

creating hardship for civilians for the crimes of their government is never right or just.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrNovax said:

creating hardship for civilians for the crimes of their government is never right or just.  

The problem is that the wrong done and being done to all Ukrainians is far more wrong than anything being done to Russian civilians. Therefore, if the majority of the latter really support their government, then any punishment, although it may not be right, can be justified to some degree, if it helps to end the killing.  

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 9:30 PM, Seeyou said:

So Thailand will welcome Russians and take the risk at other travellers will skip Thailand due to this statement... 

I don't think that's going to happen. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:11 AM, Zorba_the_Geek said:

The only totally unreasonable foreigner I encountered in 8 years of Thai life was a Russian. 

You obviously didn't get out much mate.

• Like 2