News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Run out of expletives have we? Nothing like a well thought out reply.

And this is nothing like a well thought out reply, Grandma. 😄

Fair Question though ..  😉

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

And China doesn’t have Russia’s back? 

Reuters is reporting that China's overall trade with Russia rose by $US38.18 billion ($51.67 billion) between January and March this year, when Russia was increasing its presence on the Ukrainian border before invading on February 24. That represents a rise of 27.8 per cent from the same time last year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-13/ukraine-russia-live-war-updates-mariupol/100986400?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web#live-blog-post-1210307587

and last year

Total trade between China and Russia jumped 35.9% last year to a record $146.9 billion, according to Chinese customs data, with Russia serving as a major source of oil, gas, coal and agriculture commodities, running a trade surplus with China

Reuter link

So Russia is swiftly becoming a vassal state of China. Lets face it. Between two despots like Putin and Xi its definitely Russia who is subservient. Especially now.

4 hours ago, Raugh said:

And here goes Herr Scot putting words in my mouth and reading my mind from his perch atop Mount Olympus! Posting your musings acting like you are some Freudian genius working his way to the core of some critical issue.

"Every one of those Russian guys "I" talk to is going to tell others...yada yada yada..tsunami <this Tsunami presumably originating from Herr Rookiescot's Steam game site contact list information campaign>.

Dude, you are as delusional as Granny. I'm not so concerned about what you write as to being more concerned you might actually believe what you are writing.

Get help.

Oh I am sorry if my replies hit a bit close to the nail. Do feel free to ignore my posts if they upset you so much.

However in the parlance of gaming websites such a steam (where I talk to normal Russians) if you keep talking nonsense you are going to get "pwned".

It gives me great pleasure to know I am living rent free inside your head. 

So either bring something of value to the forum or go grief somewhere else. Your arguments so far simply fail.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

So USA / Canada / UK who sit in it & have always controlled it recently, have no rights in North Atlantic ? Nordics lack any serious naval power to take & control that vast strategic Ocean.

Russia understands & respects only Power & Force. Norway has neither. Except under NATO protection.

No wonder, after this Russian Invasion, powerful Sweden & Finland are probably joining NATO soon. Strange you don’t mention that & focus only on tiny Norway. 

“ Skiing” is perhaps 1% of Mountain & Arctic Warfare. Nordics / Finns of course the masters.Russia thankfully incompetent in that difficult art, and all matters in fact except Crime & Civilian Terror.

All “ hard” currencies backed only by confidence & avoidance of tyrant fiat. Decision of World not NATO nations alone. 

China , to control Asia, must take Taiwan, to break the “ first island chain “ by defeating the excellent strong alliance of US / Japan / S. Korea/ Taiwan / UK / AUS then overcome India then take Malaysia to control the vital Malacca Straits. That’s Impossoble as CCP non- nuclear military incredibly weak, unable to project any military power beyond their lands, except the desperate South China Seas project which could be swept away in hours by US. 

Not ever happening. CCP must surely collapse soon, before & certainly after their inevitable & doomed aggression to take Taiwan.  

Let China “ bleed out” their shaky property - backed economy in Africa. 

So many assumptions and so much simplistic thinking. Let us see what you have:

*"Nordics lack any power to control North Atlantic". First of all, I was talking about EEZ, which is mostly Nordic domain. Secondly, the coastal support doe not exist for UK/USA without having us as vassals. Thirdly, "Vast strategic OCean"? For who? What interests does USA/UK have in this area? If Nordic nations demilitarized it and Russia reciprocated, the ridiculousness of USA/UK ships prowling around here far awy from any friendly ports would be immense. 

*"Russia understands only power"? It sounds like you are projecting a lot here. Is there any other way NATO has EVER solved a conflict? By force?

*Your marginalization of my country as "tiny" merely shows how you view all our contries. To you and your ilk, we are all pawns in your despicable game. Facts are, a Nordic economic alliance would have larger EEZ than UK and comparable BNP. Our natural resources are immense and our MODER reputiation in the world is not tainted by centuries of colonizations, enslavements and cohercion of other nations. At present, there are about 1 in 3 people here who would favor an alliance-free Nordic union with ideas like demilitarization agreements with Russia and abandonment of EU and NATO. Surely, a third is probably in favor of continuing the vassalhood, but the middle third is in play. At the moment, the propaganda effect from the West is vast, but when this mad proxy conflict is over, there will be time to analyze things in a calm matter and conclude that maybe everything was not as said.

*"Skiing is 1% of arctic warfare"? So it is a mere detail according to you. It would be as ridiculous as someone saying swimming is only a minor detail to be a NAVY SEAL. There are certain skills who are needed in order not to be useless in such a conflict. British "special forces" in Norwegian terrain in winter would be a laughing stock. When it comes to the Russian troops, they are very capable skiers and have many expert units, but you probably did not know that.  And with skiing comes survival skills that the softies of the West seem incapable of, from lighting a paraffine burner to taking a pop in snow storm.   NATO has little or no Arctic-capable units that are earmarked for expedition to Norway in case of war.  The intent is simply to turn Norway into a proxy field where they fight to the last Norwegian (like in Ukraine).

*Interesting you mention "tyrant FIAT". I believe Khaddaffi and Saddam Hussein very well learned what that is. And now the Russians are noticing what the Chinese and Saudis have seen for a while. USA is living off the rest of the world by monetizing immense amounts of debt and much more to come. Therefore, the West (in name iof USA/UK) are going for broke in this conflict, because unless they can knock out Russia and China BOTH will be broke. 

*China has no interest in "taking Taiwan". The island is scheduled to return to China anyways and may very well do so long before the planned date. Economically, it is likely they will eventually figure this to be the best choice. 

*India and China are still somewhat at each other, but behind the scens there are hundreds of diplomats working to find common ground and BOTH know that people like you are desperate to keep dividing them. India has not joined the witch hunt against neither Russia nor China and they will not either. Both countries are on the de-dollarized trade exchange network with Russia that is emerging. 

*As far as China and Africa, of course it may be challenging for you to graps that infrastructure building is something that can forge better and longer-lasting bonds than bullets and boycotts. 

Only PEACE on a global scale can stop what us going on in Ukraine. There is NO WAY Russia will give in and it will be up to the West how many Ukraineans they want to be "martyred" to uphold their narratives. Will we see USA and UK, it's servant, be smart enough to realize this? I am not so sure, but hope they are able to think in more steps than one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, KRLMRX said:

you lie too much.  I wrote that there are reports from alleged participants in the battles that foreign military personnel, including American ones, are blocked in Mariupol.  I did not claim that they were arrested and did not claim that this was true.

You said a team of investigators from a European country was expected to arrive in Mariupol to investigate this claim. Stop calling members liars you posted this. where is the link you said was on Russian news ?? come on show us the link? and if it was an American General what was his name?

• Like 4

I don't know what other members are thinking but I'm getting fed up with you bleating on about Nato Norsk were not interested in who is or who isn't joining Nato. As far as I'm concerned I'm in your not my Nordic friend get over it. This thread is about Russians being allowed back to Thailand not about NATO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorskTiger said:

*"Nordics lack any power to control North Atlantic". First of all, I was talking about EEZ, which is mostly Nordic domain.

Norvegian coastal waters is not the North Atlantic. Been sailing there for years, on tankers, general cargos and Containers, but never been in your coastal waters. I guess you mean the North Sea. And Nato has a taskforce there, before called STANAVFORLANT which excisted of US, Canadian, UK German Norvegian, Danish, German, Belgium/Netherlands, Spanish and Potuguese destroyers/fregates, but it was in International waters. What is the area of your EEZ in respect of the whole North Atlantic?

Do you even know the difference between your teritorial waters and your EEZ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wanderer said:

So in comparison, how incompetent was the decision to invade Ukraine.? 

I forget, was the original claim a 1 day war or was it 2 or 3.?

I have bad news for you.  

if we have tens of thousands of corpses because of the desire of some to join the EU and NATO and others to fight it, this means that incompetent people with nuclear bombs are at the head of all the countries participating in the process.

12 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

I have bad news for you.  

if we have tens of thousands of corpses because of the desire of some to join the EU and NATO and others to fight it, this means that incompetent people with nuclear bombs are at the head of all the countries participating in the process.

Incompetent people starting with?
And ther is no chance Ukraing becoming a member of NATO, and a very long way (at least 15 years, check Turkey) before becoming a member of the economic EU

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Transam said:

Good on them, do the job without inflicting death on the Russian populace, perhaps the Russians should have thought about it more instead of going down the Communist no respect for life route...🥴

since when does respect for life include massacres of civilians around the world and de facto apartheid against half of its own citizens.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vlad said:

You said a team of investigators from a European country was expected to arrive in Mariupol to investigate this claim. Stop calling members liars you posted this. where is the link you said was on Russian news ?? come on show us the link? and if it was an American General what was his name?

you are hallucinating.

I wrote that the chancellor of Austria will come to Moscow and he arrived, and that information about foreigners in Mariupol is in the Russian-language Telegram, but here the language of communication is English.

Here is a Times article about a surrendered British mercenary/volunteer in Mariupol:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-fighter-captured-by-russians-in-mariupol-mrgbph35h

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Incompetent people starting with?
And ther is no chance Ukraing becoming a member of NATO, and a very long way (at least 15 years, check Turkey) before becoming a member of the economic EU

For the past 30 years, the competence of those in power has been rapidly degrading, that is, approximately since the collapse of the USSR.

it is a pity that you cannot resurrect the dead and explain it to them

Rubbish we have not seen or heard of any Mercenaries in our news be it Sky, the BBC or the ITN news. I Can assure you if it was a brit it would be all over our news. I'm still waiting for the link from your Russian news source of the American General that was captured and his name ?? from Mariopul.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 6:28 PM, oldschooler said:

Europeans / Americans yes annihilated native populations,and Vietnam may have been an extension of that mindset, where ALL superior cultures obliterate the inferior.That’s a Human Condition going back to Neolithic Time. 

BUT you cannot honestly believe there is ANY equivalence between the later isolated very rare incidents of localized civilian massacres (eg My Lai, India) by Democratic Accountable US/ UK and the evil systematic cultural inhuman butchery of millions of innocents by Russia , Japan, China & Cartels, throughout their entire tyrannical histories.

Yeah, sure. For your side, the civilised US/UK, only the past few years matter, for everybody else one needs to look at the last 2k years for atrocities committed.

lol

On 4/11/2022 at 5:41 PM, oldschooler said:

English Parliament removed that type of state, along with the Kings head,after. Civil War (Revolution) in 1645.

English pushback against Tyranny ( absolute “divine right “monarch rule ; which Russia had until 1917) began early 1200’s with Magna Carta, recognized start of modern democracy, limiting the Kings Rule.

Russia has chosen institutional Absolute Tyranny for its entire 1000 year history. Universal Rule: “Every People Deserve the Govt. They Get”. No Exceptions. 144 million Russians oppressed by 2,000 thugs. Pathetic.

Yeah, and the English have never committed any atrocities since1645. lol

I am sure you'd be the first one out in the streets protesting in Russia, even though you know you'd be arrested and fined, possibly incarcerated after a repeat offence, blacklisted from access to jobs or university, your family also discriminated. If you speak too loud, you may even wake up in hospital with poisoning.

The subservience of those cowardly Russians is pathetic, right?

Perhaps we should do a crowd-funding event for your ticket from bumfoknowhere Thailand to Moscow, so you can wave the Union Jack in front of the Kreml.

Edited by astro
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, vlad said:

Rubbish we have not seen or heard of any Mercenaries in our news be it Sky, the BBC or the ITN news. I Can assure you if it was a brit it would be all over our news. I'm still waiting for the link from your Russian news source of the American General that was captured and his name ?? from Mariopul.

This British volunteer? You really should consider using Google. It’s free. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-60894476

and you keep asking about for a link verifying that an American general had been captured in Mariupol. No links are available. The claim on social media has been debunked. Someone reported the original post by another user that asked if anyone had heard of a report of this occurring so it also is not available. HTH 

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

38 minutes ago, vlad said:

Oh well, that's sorted then we can move on now.

Not yet, the people on this blog have not gone all the way back to the history and tyranny of the Roman, then the Egyptian empires. 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

I have bad news for you.  

I see, so all those corpses then - it's their own fault.? 

And did Putin initially say 1, 2 or 3 days and Russia would have defeated Ukraine.? Don't know how you missed that question. 

Ah, too late I see your friend has already covered this. But I don't accept it anyway. 

Edited by Wanderer
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Poolie said:

None, no timeline was given, perhaps that's why you forgot? It was western media projection again.

Sorry KRLMRX, I didn't mean to interrupt.

Warlocks. 

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, astro said:

Yeah, and the English have never committed any atrocities since1645. lol

I am sure you'd be the first one out in the streets protesting in Russia, even though you know you'd be arrested and fined, possibly incarcerated after a repeat offence, blacklisted from access to jobs or university, your family also discriminated. If you speak too loud, you may even wake up in hospital with poisoning.

The subservience of those cowardly Russians is pathetic, right?

Perhaps we should do a crowd-funding event for your ticket from bumfoknowhere Thailand to Moscow, so you can wave the Union Jack in front of the Kreml.

Talking about Freedom vs Tyranny.
 Not about atrocities or myself.

Every Western European Country has removed Tyrants. Why not Russia ? 

You implied the English have committed atrocities. Name One.

Russian Atrocities over last 100 years were systematic & cultural and often with massive scale & intensity.

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

Not yet, the people on this blog have not gone all the way back to the history and tyranny of the Roman, then the Egyptian empires. 🤣

“ whatabout” Neolithics wiping out Megalithics in Britain 6000 years ago ? 🤣🤣oh then Steppe People later obliterating Neolithics 😩🤣😠

Atrocities a widespread Human Activity.So it’s vital to stay on topic of obvious Invader RUSSIAN Atrocities.

Any Ukrainian atrocities would be on a far smaller scale against combat soldier invaders wrecking their homeland & population so PERFECTLY UNDERSTANDABLE.

40 minutes ago, Transam said:

We are talking about the Ukraine here, the killing of the innocent over nothing by the Russian leader.

Now if you want to talk about other situations then I suggest you start another thread. 

If you are Russian, you making excuses here doesn't cover up your lots killing spree, and should be ashamed...😏

We are discussing a conflict. Reducing this to only “talking about the killing of innocents” stifles debate about the bigger picture. If  you want to discuss only those allegations I suggest you start a new topic “Alleged war crimes” to discuss these allegations, investigative progress made to date, immediate repercussions, expected future progress and possible future repercussions.

I haven’t heard a peep lately about anything else but allegations of inexcusable war crimes. What about the fate of Mariupol, the chemical weapons runouts. the current build up by both sides in the East, peace talks, weapons supplies, military losses. economic impacts, international support etc etc. Let’s focus on something we can discuss, instead of beating down people with the cudgel of tragic deaths of civilians. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

This British volunteer? You really should consider using Google. It’s free. 
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-60894476

and you keep asking about for a link verifying that an American general had been captured in Mariupol. No links are available. The claim on social media has been debunked. Someone reported the original post by another user that asked if anyone had heard of a report of this occurring so it also is not available. HTH 

The few hundred basic -trained low -ranked foreign fighters on Ukraine side are risking their lives on $10-12 a day, a fraction of their earnings / benefit back home, clearly motivated by freedom principles not money, so can hardly be considered “ mercenaries” who typically would command $ 500-1000+ each day and fight /advise only for that.

• Like 2