News Forum - Another Boeing 737-800 experiences sudden dive, pilots land safely in Malaysia

Thaiger

A mid-air incident in Asia is turning heads in the airline industry, after a Malaysia Airlines flight from capital KL to Borneo dipped its nose and dropped suddenly, allegedly flying erratically before turning back to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The incident happened last Sunday, but has only now come to light after passengers posted their stories on social media, prompting the airline to release a statement on the incident. The airline said Flight MH2664 had been cruising at an altitude of 9,450 metres, when it took an unexpected dive, dropping more than 2,100 meters in a matter of seconds, before […]

The story Another Boeing 737-800 experiences sudden dive, pilots land safely in Malaysia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A mid-air incident in Asia is turning heads in the airline industry, after a Malaysia Airlines flight from capital KL to Borneo dipped its nose and dropped suddenly, allegedly flying erratically before turning back to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The incident happened last Sunday, but has only now come to light after passengers posted their stories on social media, prompting the airline to release a statement on the incident. The airline said Flight MH2664 had been cruising at an altitude of 9,450 metres, when it took an unexpected dive, dropping more than 2,100 meters in a matter of seconds, before […]

The story Another Boeing 737-800 experiences sudden dive, pilots land safely in Malaysia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This points to what I was guessing with the Chinese crash and what I read before from engineers who pointed out the design and software problems from the 737 . To stabilize the plane they need the software if there is a failure exactly this happens as described. Another point is to use the system /design to use less fuel and thinking they can manage it by the software to keep the plabe stable.

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

To stabilize the plane they need the software 

I think, you are looking at the wrong 737. Like the one in China, this was also NOT a MAX. If I did read that right, MAS has not gotten any of the 25 Max, they have ordered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

I think, you are looking at the wrong 737. Like the one in China, this was also NOT a MAX. If I did read that right, MAS has not gotten any of the 25 Max, they have ordered.

I said 737 this includes the former model NG, too and that includes what the engineers pointed out including the ng!

and returned to Kuala Lumpur for the required maintenance action.” 

What I think, is troubling: They not saying, what technical issues had to be maintenanced! At least that they should know, 4 days after

Boeing not looking too good whatever the reason, definitely be looking at plane make and model before I book to fly next time.  

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I said 737 this includes the former model NG, too and that includes what the engineers pointed out including the ng!

Link, please!

1 minute ago, Guest1 said:

and returned to Kuala Lumpur for the required maintenance action.” 

What I think, is troubling: They not saying, what technical issues had to be maintenanced! At least that they should know, 4 days after

Maybe the problem was solved after doing this

Android_Update.thumb.jpg.ad50933573abfe7551cf0c96a8e157ae.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It is about the mcas systems that are needed for the 737 models and the max is similiar to the ng model and just developed the mcas systems thats the differences to use less fuel thats the only differences to the ng model no design differences.

11 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I know but the design problem they talked includes the NG model not only the MAX

The B737-800 does NOT use MCAS software.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

I pointed out the design about ng and max and development of the mcas for the max. Where is the design difference between the ng model and max what they described as the problem? I only repeat what I read about the design problems that includes the former model.

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I pointed out the design about ng and max and development of the mcas for the max. Where is the design difference between the ng model and max what they described as the problem? I only repeat what I read about the design problems that includes the former model.

You're obviously confused about the 2 models and I have no idea what you are talking about.  The earlier models DID NOT use MCAS nor larger engines like the Max.   The larger engines was the major design problem on the B737-8 Max.

14 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

You're obviously confused about the 2 models and I have no idea what you are talking about.  The earlier models DID NOT use MCAS nor larger engines like the Max.   The larger engines was the major design problem on the B737-8 Max.

I will take their words about the design 737 ng and the 737 8 max abput the design problems. As I understood it the max has the same design

<deleted - irrelevant content serves only to confuse readers>

Do your research elsewhere!  You are horribly confused and and we have no idea as who or what you refer to.  The 737-800 DID NOT have design problems.

Edited by KaptainRob
DO NOT RESPOND again please!
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I will take their words about the design 737 ng and the 737 8 max abput the design problems. As I understood it the max has the same design

<deleted - irrelevant content serves only to confuse readers>

Do your research elsewhere!  You are horribly confused and and we have no idea as who or what you refer to.  The 737-800 DID NOT have design problems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/05/business/boeing-737-max.html

About this were articles in many news outlets (ng and max). So all of them are wrong?

The MCAS software was used only on the 737 Max as the kaptain said. The reason they used it was the designers upgraded the size of the Engine used on the new Max. Due to improved fuel efficiency, the designers realized they had to move the engine more forward but this caused weight issues and in testing, they found that this caused the plane to pitch down. So they came up with MCAS to solve this issue. On older 737s nose dive accidents were caused by poorly lubricated ailerons in the tail where a screw seized or broke causing the loss of the aircraft. The newer 737-800 use the same just an updated screw system it's likely this caused the last fatal accident and this near miss has and has nothing to do with software, just plain old poor maintenance. Boeing did not design a new 737 they used the same design they only moved the Engine on its pylon.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

It is about the mcas systems that are needed for the 737 models and the max is similiar to the ng model and just developed the mcas systems thats the differences to use less fuel thats the only differences to the ng model no design differences.

You are posting garbage, SD, or misinformations, so to speak.

The Max.is the first 737, that got MCAS.

Unless you can post a  verified link to your claim, I call that BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Omg, can the mods not do something about this , eh, guy?

He is not even informing himself, before he starts jumping on a topic

15 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Omg, can the mods not do something about this , eh, guy?

Be is not even informing himself, before he starts jumping on a tooic

I'm surprised he's allowed such long free rein too especially if you follow those Ukraine-Russia war topics where he creates a toxic environment preventing any meaningful discussion

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

If my memory serves me well, the NTSB found that MCAS had been installed on the Max but the designers and installers failed to inform the Airlines and their employees involved in the disasters. NTSB found it to be a major contributory factor regarding the pilots having little if any control because of this piece of software.

The pilot in command and co-pilot managed the technical issue safely and returned to Kuala Lumpur for the required maintenance action.

So, the required maintenance action was ??? Or the technical issue ??? Maybe it is just as mysterious as the March 2014 incident … time to wait for the full report as we have an intact aircraft with pilots that can tell a story to go with all the recorded data …. 

Let’s Just wait and see, unless Malaysia Airlines and CAAM don’t want the truth to come out.

• Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

I'm surprised he's allowed such long free rein too especially if you follow those Ukraine-Russia war topics where he creates a toxic environment preventing any meaningful discussion

Lets not forget the 'China is collapsing' thread. I was quite enjoying that. Still hasn't collapsed like..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vlad said:

The MCAS software was used only on the 737 Max as the kaptain said. The reason they used it was the designers upgraded the size of the Engine used on the new Max. Due to improved fuel efficiency, the designers realized they had to move the engine more forward but this caused weight issues and in testing, they found that this caused the plane to pitch down. So they came up with MCAS to solve this issue. On older 737s nose dive accidents were caused by poorly lubricated ailerons in the tail where a screw seized or broke causing the loss of the aircraft. The newer 737-800 use the same just an updated screw system it's likely this caused the last fatal accident and this near miss has and has nothing to do with software, just plain old poor maintenance. Boeing did not design a new 737 they used the same design they only moved the Engine on its pylon.

Exactly. No design differences to the ng. Other engines and mcas. Now they coming up with the same old story with western media like they did with Russia. Sure Putin news are the real ones and cnn, bbc, Ny times, Washiton post and all western media boring story. Even some brought up all is taged. It is world wide clear who make the things toxic. But the main point is if somthing comes that is not at their own agenda it is the western media who spreading fake news without any source of their claims.