News Forum - Thailand awash with tourists according to government | GMT

Thaiger

Overseas arrivals at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi international airport in April increased by 65.97%. Effective from Wednesday ‘Chakra day’ – all single-use plastic and Styrofoam items are banned from all of Thailand’s national parks. A couple of weeks back you could buy your own crocodile and some people actually tried to sell tiger cubs aswell, Green infused fish sauce and more on todays Good Morning Thailand with Jay and Tim  

The story Thailand awash with tourists according to government | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

22 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Overseas arrivals at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi international airport in April increased by 65.97%.

But the headline says "Awash"?

If you have 3,000 tourists arrived yesterday and 5,000 today you have a 66+% increase in tourism.

Numbers can do wonderful things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was just in Koh Samui for a week and the place was empty! I live in Hua Hin and we have no tourists coming at all! I ask the grab drivers here and they say nobody is coming. 

‘Awash with tourists’ eh?

Sounds like a pretext to justify the status quo on entry restrictions, i.e. that they are “not” a deterrent.

• Like 2

If you watch the GMT video, Tim and Jay completely rubbish the public announcement except to qualify the slight increase in arrivals as those who booked for Songkran or a visit to family during the holiday.

"... a few kangaroos short of a paddock ..." never heard that saying in Oz, was a reference to a new political identity. 

46 minutes ago, Angel1234 said:

Question:

Thailand flooded by Tourists ?

Awash with tourists?

Is this a fake songkhran ?

Yeah...according to forecasts flooding is expected along the west coast of Thailand........

36 minutes ago, BillO said:

I was just in Koh Samui for a week and the place was empty! I live in Hua Hin and we have no tourists coming at all! I ask the grab drivers here and they say nobody is coming. 

Koh Chang has been "floaded" with foreign tourists in April... the number? Not sure I need the fingers of my two hands to count them... two of them being my friend's parents coming from England to visit their son in Thailand for the first time. But strangely lately, after 2 years of shops, restaurants, bars etc... (even some 7/11) being closed, making some places looking derelict and abandonned, there are quite a few new ones poping up everywhere, people taking the opportunity of cheap rentals (for obvious reasons) as well as gambling that everything will be back to normal from Oct./Nov. No need to say what will happen it does not, I am sure it is obvious to everyone.

39 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Nan is a refreshing new addition to the show and I'm sure viewers would like to see more of her!

image.png.40c959087f727b8d911fe3d80c353699.png

She should get 90% of the air time.

You got to realize the government are superior and if they say it's raining, its raining. We're educated your not. In the west, we call it propaganda but in Thailand, you are told what is happening and most believe it even though it simply isn't true.

• Like 1