News Forum - Asia predicted to barrel along in 2022 with 5.2 percent growth

Thaiger

Growth in Asia is expected to keep largely on track this year, whilst coping with a few dips because of current events, until at least next year. The prediction comes as most countries in the region ease into their post-pandemic economic strategies, despite fallout coming from the war in Ukraine following Russia’s invasion, and world inflation. This assessment from the Asian Development Bank in their annual report yesterday. “The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on December 19, 1966, with its HQ in the Ortigas Centre located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company […]

The story Asia predicted to barrel along in 2022 with 5.2 percent growth as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

This assessment from the Asian Development Bank in their annual report yesterday.

Oh ok. No vested interest there then. The good news is I’m going to win the Euromillions lottery this year. In the meantime, if you’d like to deposit £5,000 in my bank, I’ll repay it with interest after I win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Umm....interesting analytical report by Asian Development Bank, making it loud and clear.......but it reminds me of the saying by my late grand ma......"A canine that barks louder will not bite"

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

<sigh> Out come the forum doomsters with their superior economic knowledge ...is the World Bank any use to you ?

https://thediplomat.com/2022/04/world-bank-shaves-2022-growth-projections-for-southeast-asia/

Thanks. This is a much more balanced and accurate article rather than the Asian Development bank propaganda 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, Soidog said:

Thanks. This is a much more balanced and accurate article rather than the Asian Development bank propaganda 

But they came up with the same figures was my point yet because the word 'asian' was in it, the bank got unfairly lambasted (in my opinion) . The thing is with these research papers, they are usually peer reviewed and they just wouldn't get away with printing/stating stuff that was fake or based on hope. Remember all banks need to attract investors and if they continually put out stuff that was barking mad word would soon get around.

That's not of course to say they can't be wrong, the BofE make a statement every month on inflation, and the following month have to make a statement as to how they got it so wrong. Economic predictions are extremely difficult to get right as no-one can know where the next Putin nutjob is going to emerge.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 9:29 AM, Poolie said:

Doomsters? A trifle harsh, I feel. The Google 'Researchers' is a much more fitting epithet. 😄

When I think of the world before google, I get a warm rose tinted glow, and larks and butterflies drift across my vision and BMW drivers allow you to go first .....I miss those days!

The advent of Google/Facebook is a dark dark chapter in human evolution.

• Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Benroon said:

When I think of the world before google, I get a warm rose tinted glow, and larks and butterflies drift across my vision and BMW drivers allow you to go first .....I miss those days!

The advent of Google/Facebook is a dark dark chapter in human evolution.

Too true. I shudder every time I encounter "Google is your frie........".....Ugghhh I cant even type it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

But they came up with the same figures was my point yet because the word 'asian' was in it, the bank got unfairly lambasted (in my opinion)

From my perspective it has nothing particularly to do with it being Asian. I wouldn’t trust any report where a vested interest is inherent. Asia certainly has a culture of talking things up rather than being cautious. My point about it being a better report than the extract here in the Thaiger is that it gave a breakdown by country. This showed an uneven spread of growth across the region. The 5.2% growth wasn’t a pan Asian growth and Thailand, for which this forum is a focus, was well below that 5.2%

• Like 1