News Forum - More dogs die from poisoning in Thailand

Thaiger

On 4/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, RJBT said:

I can understand the persons frustration

I have two dogs which ae in the house in teh evenings and during daytime in and out of the house

In the village i live in there are several stray dogs underfed ,some with mange etc. and all barking at night

I can assure you there are times I feel like poisoning the dogs and there are poisons which work instantly inside ten seconds

If this lady was my neighbor I sure as fate would have made a plan with these dogs if they were a nuisance

Dogs are only what the owners make of them

What gives you the right to interfere with someone else's dogs?! You have no right if you do you are a criminal and deserve prosecution! You can make a complaint with the local authorities and that is all. A responsible citizen would speak to the neighbour and offer to provide help in solving the situation amicably. Not make criminal plans to poison somebody else's dogs. 

And if the local authorities do nothing to recify the situation, what are my only two options:

1-live with the problem or,

2- move

• Like 1

Our village does indeed have a serial dog poisoner. At least one dog per month, recently all close neighbours.

They too have a good idea who it is but without proof can do nothing.

The 'suspect' is a partially disabled old man who never leaves his property and spends a good part of his day threatening to poison any animal that comes onto his land. He also dislikes cats.

We have a dog that stays inside our fenced boundary unless on the lead. She sleeps quietly indoors all night.

It is also worrrying when those whose dog turns up dead don't really care and it is replaced overight due to the neverending supply of puppies.