News Forum - TAT promotes Thailand as top Indian wedding destination, no elephants included

Thaiger

To register on the romantic radar of soon-to-be-wed couples from India, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has invited 15 Indian wedding planners and highlighted popular wedding destinations in the Land of Smiles. The wedding planners are scheduled to join a trip and seminars in Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui in Surat Thani province and Khao Lak in Phang Nga province from March 15 to 22. The main purpose of the project is to promote Thailand as a safe travel destination for Indian couples during the ongoing pandemic. The move comes after Travel + Leisure India shortlisted Thailand on its […]

The story TAT promotes Thailand as top Indian wedding destination, no elephants included as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

No. 1 travel destination and wedding location for Indian tourists,

Better keep quiet about these plans in other countries😱

Yep, that’s gonna work well. Only another 24.75 GDP to find.

Don’t forget to tell them they need to arrive aft least 10 to 14 days in advance, in case either the bride or the groom test positive on arrival. Oh wait a minute, if they are there that early they may catch it. Hmmmm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Indians will cheerfully drop 2m baht on a wedding. Check them out, really. Or remain totally ignorant, your choice. 😃

totally ignorant of their weird ways is good 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

totally ignorant of their weird ways is good 

Yeah, we call it xenophobia where I come from. 😀

Some xenophobes are quite proud of the fact.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

We call it can't be arsed where I come from.  Its neither xenophobic not racist to have very little interest in other people's culture.  Good on them I say and leave them to it. I have enough trouble nowadays understanding the twisted cultural changes in my own home country, where they all seem to have some collective mental affliction, let alone other peoples. 

24 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Agreed. There are at least 35 million Thais and around 500 million Chinese that are xenophobes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

my own home country, where they all seem to have some collective mental affliction

True, true,......................😃

Indians spend a lot in Eddie f if they have them. I would often stay at the Shangrila BKK by the river for greeting associates and you would see the Wedding party boats one after the other packed with Indians on some nights. Or want to see a lot of them, then go down the street to the Holiday Inn. Lots of them in groups there too. 

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

To register on the romantic radar of soon-to-be-wed couples from India, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has invited 15 Indian wedding planners and highlighted popular wedding destinations in the Land of Smiles.

Next they will be inviting Indian lawyers to highlight the many popular courtrooms as divorce destinations for the soon to be divorced couples from India.

On 4/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Thaiger said:

To register on the romantic radar of soon-to-be-wed couples from India, the Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, has invited 15 Indian wedding planners and highlighted popular wedding destinations in the Land of Smiles. The wedding planners are scheduled to join a trip and seminars in Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui in Surat Thani province and Khao Lak in Phang Nga province from March 15 to 22. The main purpose of the project is to promote Thailand as a safe travel destination for Indian couples during the ongoing pandemic. The move comes after Travel + Leisure India shortlisted Thailand on its […]

The story TAT promotes Thailand as top Indian wedding destination, no elephants included as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What I would be interested is, how many millions of Indian weddings the tat caluculator is expecting in Thailand? 😃