Great Covers

Thaidup

Post what you feel are great covers of some great songs, Try to find the original artist versions on youtube with the little music symbol so it wont be deleted and cause issues for the forum, only post 1 cover and original per post. Cover first, because the thread is about great covers.🙂 example> .

• Like 2

You can search YT for Gary Jules original version of this, but this duet has the little music sign and is still great.

As I have said to your perevious attempt to start a Music thread, the subject is so vast that it could crash this site. Forget about Best Covers, Best Live Concerts, Music & Film etc.

Let everyone enjoy their own style of music without having to read about other members diverse likes/dislikes. Thanks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

As I have said to your perevious attempt to start a Music thread, the subject is so vast that it could crash this site. Forget about Best Covers, Best Live Concerts, Music & Film etc.

Let everyone enjoy their own style of music without having to read about other members diverse likes/dislikes. Thanks.

My daughter tells me that i have the musical taste of a 12 year old, so I will keep quiet about my music list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

'Nuff said.

Amen. Nice one Poolie. Please disregard my last two posts. THIS is the best cover. Wish I’d thought of it…

• Cool 1

J D Blackfoot....Song of Crazy Horse. No cover I  know of but  sad hijacking of the  name of the artist  and song  title was frantic in the past! 

On the  B side of the original  vinyl record are some excellent  mainstream style originals  with a really  satirical red neck item  titled "Flushed  you from the toilet of my heart !

I like this as it doesn’t stray too far from the original but definitely has the Tedeschi and Trucks take on it :

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 8:51 PM, Marble-eye said:

Tim Buckley covered this song by originally Fred Neil. 'Searching For Dolphins.

WOW, That Fred Neil original is why I started this thread, The songs we have never heard. Thanks for sharing it.👍

On 4/4/2022 at 6:31 PM, WilliamG said:

No mate, you are being a spoil sport, nothing Illegal going on, just sharing YT content, as the OP states. Infact music is one of the best inhibitors of aggression, And sharing it doesn't hurt anyone.

https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1162&context=honors

7 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Infact music is one of the best inhibitors of aggression

And it CAN be one of the worst instigators of aggression, or ANY emotion for that matter.

On 4/4/2022 at 8:25 PM, BigHewer said:

Amen. Nice one Poolie. Please disregard my last two posts. THIS is the best cover. Wish I’d thought of it…

Easy on the eyes and just awesome sound >

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Easy on the eyes and just awesome sound >

Definitely better looking than Jeff Buckley 😂

I still think he has the edge voice wise. Poor old Leonard Cohen down in third place on both counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Definitely better looking than Jeff Buckley 😂

I still think he has the edge voice wise. Poor old Leonard Cohen down in third place on both counts.

Ah but, the sentiment  in his words, the yearning, the longing. Never the greatest singer but what an artist.