News Forum - Phuket’s Soi Dog Foundation to give US$250,000 to Ukrainian pets

Thaiger

Phuket’s Soi Dog Foundation plans to give a grant of US$250,ooo to a clinic in Poland for Ukrainian pets whose owners fled Russia’s invasion. The money will also help a Polish animal society give immediate care to pets in desperate need right now. An estimated 40,000 dogs and cats have come with their owners to Poland since the invasion began in February. In the 19 years since the foundation was established, this will be its first time helping animals outside of Southeast Asia. Poland’s Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says pets are arriving hungry, dehydrated, and traumatised, […]

The story Phuket’s Soi Dog Foundation to give US$250,000 to Ukrainian pets as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Okay, good,  I guess, but it seems a very odd decision when so much remains to be done at home. How about using that money to continue the comprehensive sterilisation programme for Thai soi dogs?  Too much work to be done here surely, they can't save all soi dogs everywhere. I suggest that is not their function, or the reason people give to the foundation, including me.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Okay, good,  I guess, but it seems a very odd decision when so much remains to be done at home. How about using that money to continue the comprehensive sterilisation programme for Thai soi dogs?  Too much work to be done here surely, they can't save all soi dogs everywhere. I suggest that is not their function, or the reason people give to the foundation, including me.

My sentiments exactly. Poland is an EU country with plenty of resources. The Soi dog foundation can not save animals all over the world. This is perhaps as much of a marketing campaign that may pay back many times over in the months and years to come?  As you say, far too much still to do in Thailand which is what the foundation should be focused on. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

In the foundation name is written Phuket. People expect the money is used in Phuket or maybe in other place in Thailand but not in EU.

Year's before I tried to contact them for some help, like I did with other dog foundation. Nothing ever came back.  Post on FB deleted in minutes.