News Forum - How Safe Are Roads In Thailand For Disabled People?

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/cEaf5oxOAWs Thailand road safety needs a lot of improvement and so do the side walks. In particular access for the people who need it the most, people with disabilities. We took this opportunity to highlight the issues and troubles people in wheelchair have to deal with on a daily basis when they want to travel and go around Bangkok. As well as visit one of the cutest cafe in town.

The story How Safe Are Roads In Thailand For Disabled People? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

CM is generally pretty good. Seen many wheel chair folk over the years getting around with not so much of a problem. Even had a friend visit years back and we didn't have a big problem getting him around. The other one I really like is there are wheel chair carts attached to a motorcyle here and these people scoot around with ease.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

https://youtu.be/cEaf5oxOAWs Thailand road safety needs a lot of improvement and so do the side walks. In particular access for the people who need it the most, people with disabilities. We took this opportunity to highlight the issues and troubles people in wheelchair have to deal with on a daily basis when they want to travel and go around Bangkok. As well as visit one of the cutest cafe in town.

The story How Safe Are Roads In Thailand For Disabled People? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A picture says a thousand words.   

chair.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

issues and troubles people in wheelchair have to deal with on a daily basis when they want to travel and go around Bangkok.

images - 2022-04-03T123520.774.jpeg

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

CM is generally pretty good. Seen many wheel chair folk over the years getting around with not so much of a problem. Even had a friend visit years back and we didn't have a big problem getting him around. The other one I really like is there are wheel chair carts attached to a motorcyle here and these people scoot around with ease.

Where is a confused emoji when you need one.  Your friend must be the one exception. Thailand is notoriously dangerous and difficult for wheelchair users and other disabled people.  They make practically nil concessions to the less able to get around.  If you want an example and you live near Pattaya , just go to the soi that runs parallel to Suk Road,  from Home Pro to Big C central and see how the many disabled around there risk life and limb every day just getting around. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Where is a confused emoji when you need one.  Your friend must be the one exception. Thailand is notoriously dangerous and difficult for wheelchair users and other disabled people.  They make practically nil concessions to the less able to get around.  If you want an example and you live near Pattaya , just go to the soi that runs parallel to Suk Road,  from Home Pro to Big C central and see how the many disabled around there risk life and limb every day just getting around. 

We are talking about CM and he is a paraplegic and I have seen many more who can get around pretty good here. soime streets are dangerous no go and some are perfectly fine. 

Granted some streets are dangerous in every city but CM is not so bad. I am not talking about Pattaya, and yes I know everywhere you are speaking of. Now I should be the one looking for the confused emoji with your statement.

3 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Even able bodied people will find walking on some of the side walks a bit of a challenge🤔

Yeah, first time I came to Thailand I broke my foot walking in Chiang Mai with my curious nose up in the air. I learned my lesson, I tell you.

• Like 2

Or is it 

How Roads In Thailand create Thousands of Disabled People every year …. Are they Safe for anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

We are talking about CM and he is a paraplegic and I have seen many more who can get around pretty good here. soime streets are dangerous no go and some are perfectly fine. 

Granted some streets are dangerous in every city but CM is not so bad. I am not talking about Pattaya, and yes I know everywhere you are speaking of. Now I should be the one looking for the confused emoji with your statement.

I know little of CM, but what I do know of it is that in many areas, it is no better for disabled people than  Pattaya.  Even in the Capital of Bangkok, the arrangements are pathetically inadequate. I cannot imagine that many areas of CM goes against this National tend.  Maybe we need to hear from the actually disabled of their experiences? 

• Like 2

I am disabled and cannot walk very good, I find it often impossible to use my wheelchair as pavements are taken up by shops also people do not respect disable parking spaces, I have often found motorcycles parked there.