News Forum - Thailand’s Public Health Ministry plans to request new entry rules

Thaiger

If the CCSA approves it, Thailand could have new entry rules starting on May 1. The new rules the Public Health Ministry plans to request are intended to revive the country’s crippled tourism economy,. The country’s Tourism and Sports Minister has also stated that his ministry will ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration to consider further easing entry rules, such as replacing on-arrival RT-PCR tests with simpler and quicker antigen tests. The requests are in line with a previously published 4-step plan to reduce restrictions and paperwork up to July 1 this year. On May 1 the plan was […]

The story Thailand’s Public Health Ministry plans to request new entry rules as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

airport ATK 9Rapid Antigen Test

Spin the gambling wheel on right on arrival😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The requests are in line with a previously published

20 step plan way way back due to numbers increased during and after Songkran and the wishes of the government to keep the emergency decree in place up to the next general election.

• Like 4

Old wine in new bottles it seems.

In ever changing times it is sort of comforting to see that TAT is offering "stability" in continuing to publish unrealistic high visitor predictions. The 1st half year of 2022 has been wasted to get tourist numbers up, let's see what happens in the 2nd half.

• Like 4

Just wake up and smell the coffee. 

If you really want your tourism to recover and regain employment along with the missing GDP, attract investment etc etc etc. The Thailand pass and everything associated with it needs to stop now.

It’s now becoming obvious to rest of the world, that SHA and tests are purely about money and that will tarnish your reputation long term. 

• Like 8

The Thai government acts as if Thailand was a monopoly, but in fact the country has to compete with so many fantastic tropical destinations for tourists.

Caribbean island, Seychelles, Maldives, Kenya, Zanzibar, Cancun Mexico, Brazil, Bali , Sri Lanka, Dubai, etc, etc , are all welcoming  tourists without any  covid related entry restrictions , and all bars and entertainment venues are open just like before 2019.

Thats why there are so few visitors in Thailand, unfortunately the country cannot compete with these other destinations with this sophisticated entry procedure , and keeping entertainment venues closed.

• Like 6

The desk jockeys won't go down without a fight, not with all the empire building opportunities that covid-19 has given them. Just look at how adept they have been at piling layer upon layer of bureaucracy onto the visa processes - twenty years ago I had to get a multi-entry tourist visa transferred to a new passport and I was in and out of the Bangkok Immigration office in less than 30 minutes with just one form to be filled in (and that was done at the desk with the help of the immigration officer).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fundok said:

Old wine in new bottles it seems.

In ever changing times it is sort of comforting to see that TAT is offering "stability" in continuing to publish unrealistic high visitor predictions. The 1st half year of 2022 has been wasted to get tourist numbers up, let's see what happens in the 2nd half.

Based on the positive tests on arrival and the positivity rate, it’s obvious total daily arrivals are 5,000-8,000 per day. That’s total arrivals not tourist arrivals. That’s maybe 2-3m total arrivals on an annual basis. 

It’s obvious they’ll roll back testing and the Thai pass at a glacial pace. That’s just step #1.

No one wants to go on a vacation to a place with more restrictive covid rules than home.  Americans, Europeans aren’t going to pay $1,000s to go on vacation to be made to wear a mask, not drink after 11, “officially” closed nightlife. 

• Like 2

I am due to arrive in Thailand in 5 weeks time on May 8th and I have absolutely no idea what to do.Should I apply for the Thailand pass and book the first night SHA hotel or wait to find out if this will be removed from May 1st.Would anyone here please know how long it typically takes to apply for and receive the Thailand pass? 

21 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Would anyone here please know how long it typically takes to apply for and receive the Thailand pass? 

From the numerous posts and comments here and in other publications, I’m afraid the answer to that question is the same as the answer to “how long is a piece of string?”  Some people have had the TP approved in hours, while others have had multiple rejections and it’s taken many many days. My own personal experience of the TP was that it took 3 days for approval and that was back in January. More recently the 2-4 days seems to be about the average. 

I booked a hotel with PCR test as part of the Test & Go through booking.com. This allowed me to pay nothing until my day of arrival and I could cancel the hotel free of charge up to 5 days prior to arrival. I would suggest you do the same thing and come May 1st if things change and you don’t need the one night in the hotel, you can cancel without any financial penalty. 

Thailand has already lost international tourism to other countries. The constant changing of entry requirements is the biggest obstacal. 

There is no point in changing entry requirements as tourists need to know when all restrictions lifted so that they can plan a holiday without unnecessary expenses and disappointment. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I am due to arrive in Thailand in 5 weeks time on May 8th and I have absolutely no idea what to do.Should I apply for the Thailand pass and book the first night SHA hotel or wait to find out if this will be removed from May 1st.Would anyone here please know how long it typically takes to apply for and receive the Thailand pass? 

If it were me, I’d wait until April 19. I expect that will be the main CCSA meeting for April where everything actually gets decided. You’ll hear a lot of speculation from Health Department, Tourism etc. but ultimately it’s what the Pm decides at the meeting.  

Why does Thailand wait a month to decide anything? Welcome to Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

If they cancel the program, you should get a refund from the hotel 

My Thai Pass took about 17 hours to be approved

I booked through Agoda, which I highly recommend, they are linked up with Thai Pass

• Like 1

I can travel from USA to MY Neighboring countries, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica and many other as a welcome tourist.  But to Thailand,  Tourist are treated as a suspects on arrival and required to be held in custody, until proven innocent, because of their Covid problems.  

I have been going to these open countries, while waiting to come to Thailand. 

KUKI

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Unless the post arrival test is completely scrapped.....it is a "No...No" for me.

For me it's the pre-departure test that end (Thailand) don't want to caught positive 72hrs before my departure and hospitalised/ rescheduled flight/fined for overstay upon departure (costly)!

When the main article for the day is "Restaurants in CM can now serve alcohol till 11pm!" there's all you need to know about the state of affairs. Open up the country totally and without restriction. These poor people cannot afford to not work for another 2+ years...they are essentially in dire straits. Breaks my heart that this country has gone so far off the rails. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

I've done the TP a couple of times. 1st time was 2 hours, 2nd time was 4 hours. My tips would be to:

1) book the hotel through Agoda that includes the PCR and airport pick up, and this shows on the booking.

2) buy the insurance off a Thai company, as they will give you a receipt/cert that shows the specific information that the government wants to see. 

3) if possible, upload a QR code for your vac cert as well as the certificate itself. 

4) make everything you upload a JPEG file. 

It worked for me anyways. Allow at least a week for it all. You've got plenty of time to wait yet. 

7 hours ago, JJJ said:

Based on the positive tests on arrival and the positivity rate, it’s obvious total daily arrivals are 5,000-8,000 per day. That’s total arrivals not tourist arrivals. That’s maybe 2-3m total arrivals on an annual basis. 

It’s obvious they’ll roll back testing and the Thai pass at a glacial pace. That’s just step #1.

No one wants to go on a vacation to a place with more restrictive covid rules than home.  Americans, Europeans aren’t going to pay $1,000s to go on vacation to be made to wear a mask, not drink after 11, “officially” closed nightlife. 

I agree with you, the state of emergency was extended until the end of May for the 18th time which means the reopening of the nightclubs, gogo bars & soapie massage will be June 15 unless the Thai government freak out & flip flop again which they been doing for over 2 years now.

7 hours ago, Soidog said:

From the numerous posts and comments here and in other publications, I’m afraid the answer to that question is the same as the answer to “how long is a piece of string?”  Some people have had the TP approved in hours, while others have had multiple rejections and it’s taken many many days

It is absolutely shameful, Philippines opened I think just a month ago. They have a Health pass and everyone that I have heard of gets it approved in just a couple hours. In fact you cannot even fill it out until the day before you travel. The Thai pass is disgustingly flawed and shameful. The amount of time the government has had to fix this yet have not been able to pull together a product that delivers. It really is an embarrassment. 

it really does go to show that the government truly does not want tourists coming back. Either that or they are completely inept. Not spending adequate money on fixing the problems with Thai Pass is Pennywise and pound foolish. A small investment could have resulted in tons in revenue. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ksmui said:

It is absolutely shameful, Philippines opened I think just a month ago. They have a Health pass and everyone that I have heard of gets it approved in just a couple hours. In fact you cannot even fill it out until the day before you travel. The Thai pass is disgustingly flawed and shameful. The amount of time the government has had to fix this yet have not been able to pull together a product that delivers. It really is an embarrassment. 

it really does go to show that the government truly does not want tourists coming back. Either that or they are completely inept. Not spending adequate money on fixing the problems with Thai Pass is Pennywise and pound foolish. A small investment could have resulted in tons in revenue. 

It is weird that all the people that don't come on here and moan seemed to have no problems at all submitting their Thai Pass and getting approved

But with a few hiccups 

Weird how that seems to go, hey???

• Like 1

They just won't give up the extra money to quarantine all the false positives. I truly give up, I haven't seen relatives or friends for so long now because they don't want to take the chance of false positives. I'm so over it, when my lease is up its hello mexico. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nathan said:

How long is a piece of string

I am looking forward to the "April Saga" and the countless articles to come about the "talks", saying this, that and the opposite, to finally find out on April 30, or even possibly on May 1, the official new non-sense.

• Like 1