News Forum - Test & Go travellers have trouble reporting Day 5 ATK result, here’s what to do

Thaiger

A number of travellers entering Thailand under the Test & Go scheme say they are having trouble reporting the results of their self-administered rapid antigen test, or ATK, which is required on Day 5. For those unable to report the results through the government’s Mor Chana application, the next best option is to take a photo of the test with the date and send it to either a health officer or the hotel where they are isolated upon arrival. Thailand eased entry restrictions today, dropping the pre-departure PCR test taken up to 72 hours before take-off. Vaccinated travellers entering under […]

The story Test & Go travellers have trouble reporting Day 5 ATK result, here’s what to do as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Problem is that there is no upload function  on the app except for the profile picture. So I posted my result as my profile picture and that worked.

• Like 1

Yet another technical balls up.

Message to Thai Government,  Please get someone who knows what they are doing when creating apps from now on !!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue4Him said:

Problem is that there is no upload function  on the app except for the profile picture. So I posted my result as my profile picture and that worked.

I did take a picture and never uploaded it anywhere.  Never caused me a problem for the remainder of my time in Thailand.

• Like 1

Back in November before the " New and Improved" test-n-go, I both my wife and I just sent it to the hotel we quarantined at. No issues. Never could get the app to work worth a damn back then either.

• Like 2

At the bottom of your article you include a link to a pdf doc with a screenshot of the notifications page of the MorChana app showing a notification with a link to upload. I think it would be very helpful if you included that screenshot in the main article as I had never seen that notification before despite going into that page on the app.

The problem with the app seems to be that it loads those notifications when you open that page and if you're not wifi/data connected it doesn't give you any error msg to save you aren't connected and even if you are they take about 3-4 seconds to load depending on the connection. Please warn people you must be connected and wait a few seconds to see the notifications.

What happened to me is I took the test on day 5, couldn't find anything in the app to upload. Went to hotel reception and they couldn't help. Next day I started getting a notification on the phone (all in Thai with ATK being the only thing I could read). I clicked on the link, went to the notifications page which was blank (either because they hadn't loaded yet or no connection). Next day got the same notification, went to hotel reception to ask them to translate for me, they clicked the link and also went to a blank page (probably for same above reasons). They took a photo of my ATK test for me, which they said they would upload (not sure if they did as I kept getting the notifications).

Edited by RobL
typos

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't they just ditch this crap. Do they think anyone would ever upload a positive test? 😅

I doubt anyone is even looking at the uploads.

• Like 1