News Forum - BREAKING: Malaysian travelers bewildered by Thailand Pass, as southern land border reopens

Thaiger

THOU SHALL NOT PASS. That’s the message some northern-bound Malaysian travelers received when they attempted to drive their cars into Thailand this morning, only to find they’d forgotten the most important thing: you STILL need to register for Thailand Pass. In advance. Thailand opened its land border with Malaysia today for travelers by private transportation. But it wasn’t exactly smooth sailing for those who forgot that the beleaguered Thailand Pass system is still in place — and you’re required to register before entering the country. Apparently, not many people got the memo. Little more than a hundred Malaysians had registered […]

The story BREAKING: Malaysian travelers bewildered by Thailand Pass, as southern land border reopens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 minutes ago, Janneman said:

Good. This will keep Covid out of Thailand.

Oh I didn't know there is no covid in Thailand . Must be a news I passed. There is a link for that? 😃

Wonder if they also need $20K Covid  insurance like the rest of us non Thais. No mention of it in the article  so maybe not. Just screwing the rich farang as usual. 

No no no no no! You've all got it wrong. You don't understand.

It's all about how important you are, see? Singapore is a tiny little insignificant place, and invaded, over-run and colonised in the past. 

Thailand, on the other hand is 100 times bigger, has a history that goes back a coupla thousand years (even tho' nobody wrote it down and the Europeans - in the 1700s - were the only ones who knew how to map it.) Thailand is still virgin - never ever been colonised or invaded - it's just soooooo much more important than sniffy little Singypaw.

Thusly and consequentially, Thailand MUST need a lot more important paperwork for any of the lesser mortals to be able to enter it! Everybody knows that the more important a nation is, the more paperwork it needs to show that it's important. And they also need submarines. And uniforms. And gold braid. And medals - why, even security guards in Thai shopping malls have got gold braid and medals! That's how important Thailand is!

So it's hardly surprising that such an important country has so many rules, regulations, papers, procedures and protocols if you want to be allowed to set foot over its border, is it?

Stands to reason.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, robsamui said:

So it's hardly surprising that such an important country has so many rules, regulations, papers, procedures and protocols if you want to be allowed to set foot over its border, is it?

Thailand also understands that you are desperate to visit, and adding hoops to the process is vital to enhancing your experience and gratitude that we let you come at all.

• Haha 1

I was one of the 1st batch of malaysians that drove into the southern border of Sadao. I fully complied with the requirements of Test & Go and hence applied for Thailand Pass and received the QR code on the same day (applied 7-days in advance). For more details of my experience, please visit FB page Dannok Secret to see my detailed account of my shared experience written in English. I don't own the FB page nor do I benefit in anything. My sharing was to put behind many myths about the difficulty of driving private car into Thailand after borders were declared opened on 1st April. There's no fooling anyone. Many malaysians are either not internet savvy enough to read/follow the news about the requirements and just assumed the old processes by which they find out the hard way.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:51 PM, robsamui said:

18 hours ago, RyanLih said:

I was one of the 1st batch of malaysians that drove into the southern border of Sadao. I fully complied with the requirements of Test & Go and hence applied for Thailand Pass and received the QR code on the same day (applied 7-days in advance). For more details of my experience, please visit FB page Dannok Secret to see my detailed account of my shared experience written in English. I don't own the FB page nor do I benefit in anything. My sharing was to put behind many myths about the difficulty of driving private car into Thailand after borders were declared opened on 1st April. There's no fooling anyone. Many malaysians are either not internet savvy enough to read/follow the news about the requirements and just assumed the old processes by which they find out the hard way.

It is not free pass to enter Singapore as well for Malaysians. You still need to submit a SG Arrival Card electronically and show vaccination status.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-depart/entry_requirements/sg-arrival-card

Simply a passport and proof of vaccination would be a great global start up for countries still coming out of the endemic gate. Especially to a neighboring country. The revenue would be good for both countries.  Than scrapping the vaccine card could come at a later time. People are going to get sick on vacation or whatever they are doing while traveling, either by COVID or something else - it’s not a big deal anymore. Just my opinion. 

Thank You

Marvin Yeager

22 hours ago, Marvin said:

Simply a passport and proof of vaccination would be a great global start up for countries still coming out of the endemic gate. Especially to a neighboring country. The revenue would be good for both countries.  Than scrapping the vaccine card could come at a later time. People are going to get sick on vacation or whatever they are doing while traveling, either by COVID or something else - it’s not a big deal anymore. Just my opinion. 

Thank You

Marvin Yeager

In Malaysia, some Muslims flying off to Mecca prayers upon returning to Malaysia had brought back Omicron from Saudi into Malaysia. Upon further checking, these Muslim was using fake vaccine certificate when in fact they are unvaccinated. This led to authorities tracing the doctor in a clinic located in the fanatic Muslim state that sells fake vaccine certificate to these would-be travellers for their Umrah. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RyanLih said:

This led to authorities tracing the doctor in a clinic located in the fanatic Muslim state that sells fake vaccine certificate to these would-be travellers for their Umrah. 

No use unless do a serology test

On 4/1/2022 at 8:51 AM, robsamui said:

even security guards in Thai shopping malls have got gold braid and medals! That's how important Thailand is!

I wonder how a mall security guard obtains a glorious medal.  True it seems everyone in LOS wears some type of uniform.