1 million AstraZeneca doses arrive, Anutin says “more” on the way

Thaiger

1 million more AstraZeneca doses arrived in Thailand today. They were delivered to Thailand’s Public Health Ministry and are set to be distributed throughout the country today. Or tomorrow. Says the Anutin, the Public Health Minister. Anutin says the vaccines will be sent every week. This comes from an agreement the ministry has with the company. Anutin did not provide how much would be delivered. He did say it would be… less The first delivery (1.8 million AstraZeneca doses) were delivered on June 4. The second instalment came on Wednesday and are currently being distributed. Anutin says people 60 and […]

The post 1 million AstraZeneca doses arrive, Anutin says “more” on the way appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My wife just came back from the clinic and they said she didn't need the 15k op on her eyes so had botox, filler and something else for 14k! Then got a nice new handbag for 1.9k!  Oh sorry, were we talking about Auntin and another croc of shit story??? I thought mine was at least real.

Edited by King Cotton
Deletion of meaningless text-talk symbols, as per Guideline 15
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozvenision said:

My wife just came back from the clinic and they said she didn't need the 15k op on her eyes so had botox, filler and something else for 14k! Then got a nice new handbag for 1.9k!  Oh sorry, were we talking about Auntin and another croc of shit story??? I thought mine was at least real :) :) :)

Your story has more credibility than Anutin's. Very amusing.

They stopped vaccinating people because there were no vaccines anymore. 

But luckily there is Anutin who declares that there is no vaccine shortage in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

He said they will deliver 1 million every week, so they will need more than 2 years to vaccinate 50 million people. Before they said 50 million people til end of this year but now it is end of 2023 if they deliver one million per week.

• Like 2

The story says "1 million more AstraZeneca doses arrived in Thailand today.".  What is the country of origin of these vaccines since it's ambiguous?

I will believe it when I see it.  We are not going to wait for the Thai government.  Lucky us, we have another choice.   We are going home to get our choices of vaccines.  

• Cool 1

10 hours ago, tker said:

. . . since it's ambiguous?

Ambiguity is this shower's defining approach . . . 'Let's just keep our cards close to our chests, chaps' is clearly the mantra here.

Hello tker and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

So the article says the AZ vaccines "arrived in Thailand". Does this mean this delivery came from the Italian manufacturer rather than frpm the local manufacturer? Government statement is not very clear!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewp said:

So the article says the AZ vaccines "arrived in Thailand". Does this mean this delivery came from the Italian manufacturer rather than frpm the local manufacturer? Government statement is not very clear!

One thing is clear. Producing AZ vaccines in Thailand is not going as planned. It's the same in the EU, producing AZ vaccines there is also not going as planned. They are about 200 million doses behind promised deliveries there.

• Like 1

So Siam Bioscience is a total failure then. Or are they selling out the vaccines to other countries maybe so certain people can make a huge profit on behalf of the thai people. Would not surprise me a bit in the land of endless corruption.

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, Andrewp said:

Government statement is not very clear!

Clarity requires thought and helpful intent; qualities clearly lacking here.

Hello, Andrewp and and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

"arrived to Thailand" from where? from Thailand, that's from where! Why you cannot just admin that all this AZ vaccine is actually manufactured in Thailand by the Thai company? Is this some kind of way to make look it more potent or better quality?

5 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

"arrived to Thailand" from where? 

If they write "1 million more AstraZeneca doses arrived in Thailand today."  it implies that it came from abroad. Else they would not write it like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

. . . . vaccine is actually manufactured in Thailand by the Thai company?

As I understand it, the Siam Bioscience vaccine is now being sold to other SE Asian countries but whether that meant all or most or some of it, I'm not certain. I further understand that the AZ vaccine currently on order is from the European makers.

A photo posted on Bangkok Post showed the boxes of vaccines which had written on the side of the boxes 'Made in Nonthaburi, Thailand'. 

'Arrived' hardly seems an appropriate word to use. Meanwhile other SE Asian Countries are asking why their supply from Siam Bioscience are delayed. Robbing Peter to pay Paul seems the order of the day.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

As I understand it, the Siam Bioscience vaccine is now being sold to other SE Asian countries but whether that meant all or most or some of it, I'm not certain. I further understand that the AZ vaccine currently on order is from the European makers.

According to NTT Thailand: "The government has secured 61 million AstraZeneca doses, the most used vaccine in the country, with support from Siam Bioscience, a manufacturing facility producing the AstraZeneca vaccine. Two batches, totaling 1,917,600 doses, have already been delivered, and another batch is to arrive today (June 16)."

doesn't look to me like there is any import of AZ right now to Thailand

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

But I thought 70% of AZ produced here is for export, it seems Sinovac is the most used vaccine, not heard of any Thai under 60 being given anything else

Edited by thai3