News Forum - Thai-Malaysian border checkpoint reopens tomorrow, Test & Go travellers welcome

Thaiger

After being closed for around two years due to the pandemic, the major checkpoint along the Thai-Malaysian border will reopen tomorrow. Those travelling from Malaysia will be able to enter Thailand’s Songkhla province through the Sadao Border Checkpoint. Reports say the residents and businesses in the region hope reopening the border will benefit the local economy. Vaccinated travellers entering Thailand under the Test & Go will be able to do so by land at the Sadao checkpoint. Just like those entering by air, the travellers will need to apply for a Thailand Pass QR code. Travellers will need to take […]

The story Thai-Malaysian border checkpoint reopens tomorrow, Test & Go travellers welcome as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Again, another funny non-sense I thought reading, and it is ...but then the last paragraph...

Vendors who had shops near the checkpoint are also preparing to reopen after two years of closure. Some told Thai media that they were happy to welcome tourists again because the checkpoint closure was a hard time for them and their families. Motorbike taxi drivers in the area say they used to make 700 baht to 800 baht per day before the pandemic, but now make only 50 baht to 60 baht each day.

The reality of this non-sense for real people. And that an handfull of european tourists take the risk to come to Thailand to end up 10 days in forced quarantine, I kind of get it (kind of...). But why anyone from Malaysia would is behind comprehension to me. I am afraid the 700/800 baths a day for taxi drivers is not going to happen again anytime soon. I would be very interesting to know how many people in Thailand have to suffer because of this ever ending non-sense. I know quite a few, and I am not even mentioning the many Cambodians living around here (most have left the past 2 years anyway).

And for the many scaremongers/restrictions fanatics of this forum, before you come up with numbers, stats, scientists have said so, full hospitals (this is simply not true that), etc..., I already got an answer for you: try to live your life with 60 baths a day.

13 minutes ago, Manu said:

Again, another funny non-sense I thought reading, and it is ...but then the last paragraph...

The reality of this non-sense for real people. And that an handfull of european tourists take the risk to come to Thailand to end up 10 days in forced quarantine, I kind of get it (kind of...). But why anyone from Malaysia would is behind comprehension to me. I am afraid the 700/800 baths a day for taxi drivers is not going to happen again anytime soon. I would be very interesting to know how many people in Thailand have to suffer because of this ever ending non-sense. I know quite a few, and I am not even mentioning the many Cambodians living around here (most have left the past 2 years anyway).

And for the many scaremongers/restrictions fanatics of this forum, before you come up with numbers, stats, scientists have said so, full hospitals (this is simply not true that), etc..., I already got an answer for you: try to live your life with 60 baths a day.

Malaysians come for the booze and the hookers. There's some good fun to be had in them border towns. I've got some hazy memories of Sungaikolok from years ago ...😁