News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Putin ‘misled’; Russia ‘misjudged’ war, Zelensky warns of Donbass regrouping

Thaiger

As the Russian invasion of Ukraine continues into a second month, here’s the latest headlines… • Russia has “massively misjudged the situation” in Ukraine and the truth of the situation is being kept from President Vladimir Putin, as generals have been reluctant to tell the full extent of Russia’s failures in Ukraine. That’s according to Jeremy Fleming, the head of the UK’s cyber-intelligence agency GCHQ. He also divulged that dispirited Russian troops had sabotaged their own military equipment, shot down one of their own aircraft under accidental friendly fire and at times refused to obey order. • The White House […]

The story UKRAINE UPDATES: Putin ‘misled’; Russia ‘misjudged’ war, Zelensky warns of Donbass regrouping as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I wouldn't believe anything coming from the UK or the US intelligence agencies

they are spies, lies and misdirection is part of their daily routine, and like Putin, you can't believe anything they will say, because that's part of their communication and intimidation strategy

in war, the first casualty is the truth, as we are clearly witnessing here 

Edited by butterfly
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, butterfly said:

I wouldn't believe anything coming from the UK or the US intelligence agencies

Their Christmas crackers are good though.............😃

You pull one and it goes off in Lvov.

• Haha 1

Bosnia, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan. The west do not have a good record of telling the truth, do they? The eight year conflict in the Dombass region was conveniently ignored by Western media. Putin consistently warned that the state was coming if things were not done to stop Ukraine crossing his red lines. The West had continuously promised not to expand NATO eastward but their actions pointed in a different direction. The coup in 2014 led to the American puppet presidents. Joining NATO was written into the Ukrainian constitution. With mounting evidence that a large-scale attack was being prepared on the Russian speaking Donbass region, the flooding of the country with weapons from the US, UK and NATO countries, and the discovery of 30 US funded bioweapons laboratories on Russia’s border, I totally understand Putin’s actions. People should be made more aware of the shutdown of independent media outlets like RTÉ News, A news channel that gets continuous scrutiny due to being Russian and I have always found to go to great pains to prove its impartiality, is leading to totally biased Western media coverage. If an incident occurs in Ukraine they ask the Ukrainian army what happened and they print the story with no corroborating evidence. The idiots supposedly in control of the European governments are totally beholden to the USA and the damage they are causing the European economies is only starting. The fuel crisis will cause a recession and The disruption to wheat supplies and fertiliser supplies will cause a worldwide famine. Once countries reduce down their dollar reserves it will be removed as the world currency and the euro will also become less relevant.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

Bosnia, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan. The west do not have a good record of telling the truth, do they? The eight year conflict in the Dombass region was conveniently ignored by Western media. Putin consistently warned that the state was coming if things were not done to stop Ukraine crossing his red lines. The West had continuously promised not to expand NATO eastward but their actions pointed in a different direction. The coup in 2014 led to the American puppet presidents. Joining NATO was written into the Ukrainian constitution. With mounting evidence that a large-scale attack was being prepared on the Russian speaking Donbass region, the flooding of the country with weapons from the US, UK and NATO countries, and the discovery of 30 US funded bioweapons laboratories on Russia’s border, I totally understand Putin’s actions. People should be made more aware of the shutdown of independent media outlets like RTÉ News, A news channel that gets continuous scrutiny due to being Russian and I have always found to go to great pains to prove its impartiality, is leading to totally biased Western media coverage. If an incident occurs in Ukraine they ask the Ukrainian army what happened and they print the story with no corroborating evidence. The idiots supposedly in control of the European governments are totally beholden to the USA and the damage they are causing the European economies is only starting. The fuel crisis will cause a recession and The disruption to wheat supplies and fertiliser supplies will cause a worldwide famine. Once countries reduce down their dollar reserves it will be removed as the world currency and the euro will also become less relevant.

nice piece of Russian propaganda crap 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The downside of being a hard-arsed dictator - one only  gets told what they want to hear.In the soft-arsed west it's called plausible deniability!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonymoney said:

nice piece of Russian propaganda crap 

I do so love the way people chose to dismiss everything which does not comply with  their preconceptions! Labeling something as Trumps' "fake news" or communist propaganda shows  a disinclination to seek the truth (too much work!) and do a little research! The facts stated can be verified with a little work!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cg66 said:

So who invade Ukraine? The Ukrainians?

Absurd statement, sure nobody would ask the invaders about!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

I do so love the way people chose to dismiss everything which does not comply with  their preconceptions! Labeling something as Trumps' "fake news" or communist propaganda shows  a disinclination to seek the truth (too much work!) and do a little research! The facts stated can be verified with a little work!

So by research you mean finding someone on the internet who tells you what you want to hear.

Someone like Alex Jones perhaps?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

Strange, you're saying that what is easily verifiable to be a Russian propaganda written product (you can find this exact text and arguments on every state controlled and government funded Russian media) are facts. I don't have preconceptions, and I'm on the media business for 35 years already, but I don't have any purpose on convincing anybody. A quick fact-checking (as you suggest) can help, at least, to disregard those assumptions as serious arguments:

Lie 1 - large-scale attack was being prepared (by Ukraine) on the Russian speaking Donbass region (at the very moment when Russia was gathering 200k troops on the border, wouldn't think on a best time to do this)

Lie 2 - The West had continuously promised not to expand NATO eastward (they don't even care about)

Lie 3 - discovery of 30 US funded bioweapons laboratories on Russia’s border (just a stupid lie)

Lie 4 - A news channel (RT) that gets continuous scrutiny due to being Russian and I have always found to go to great pains to prove its impartiality (Absolute crap, this channel lies all the time and its objective is not to give news but to translate the Kremlin's propaganda)

And so on..., this same text is just repeated over an over in several languages in hundreds media sites around the world from troll accounts funded by the Russian government and picked up by some pro Putin people. This can be easily checked if people just bother to make a few more clicks

Edited by tonymoney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How do you check they're false? With US based fact 'checkers?'

No we use the chinese ones.

Oh no wait. Thats all state controlled too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How do you check they're false? With US based fact 'checkers?'

There's a thing called Google, you should try it, it's easy to use, believe me. But it's also American, so maybe not for you. If you know Russian, you can try Yandex btw

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Bosnia, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan. The west do not have a good record of telling the truth, do they? The eight year conflict in the Dombass region was conveniently ignored by Western media.

No it was not ignored. But the west was not actively involved in it. It was a small incursion of its territory and lets face it the border had not changed after years. Probably the biggest thing regarding the interest of the west was when Russian forces shot down an airliner. Something Czar Putin still denies but the rest of the world knows the truth.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Putin consistently warned that the state was coming if things were not done to stop Ukraine crossing his red lines.

Oh so its now up to Czar Putin do decide where the "red lines" are? The same man who claimed for weeks he was not going to invade the Ukraine?

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

The West had continuously promised not to expand NATO eastward but their actions pointed in a different direction

Please give links as to where NATO had given any such promises.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

The coup in 2014 led to the American puppet presidents.

Please look up the meaning of the word coup. What happened was a corrupt pro Russian President was overthrown by a democratically elected opponent. Now I know democracy is a bad thing for you but hey. Such is life.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Joining NATO was written into the Ukrainian constitution.

And because Russia was sitting in the Crimea that was never going to happen.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

With mounting evidence that a large-scale attack was being prepared on the Russian speaking Donbass region

Evidence for that? Oh yeah none.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

the flooding of the country with weapons from the US, UK and NATO countries

Evidence for that prior to the invasion? Oh yeah none.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

and the discovery of 30 US funded bioweapons laboratories on Russia’s border

Really? You have evidence of US funded bioweapon labs on the Russian borders? Please provide it.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

I totally understand Putin’s actions.

Well yeah of course you do. He could drown a kitten in a bucket of water live on RT and you would totally understand  his actions.

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

A news channel that gets continuous scrutiny due to being Russian and I have always found to go to great pains to prove its impartiality

😂

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

The fuel crisis will cause a recession and The disruption to wheat supplies and fertiliser supplies will cause a worldwide famine.

No. The west will adapt. Prices may go up but its something the west can absorb because it has strong economies. Do tell me. How is the Russian economy doing? Ah yeah its on its arse. With no hope of recovery while the sanctions remain in place. 

3 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Once countries reduce down their dollar reserves it will be removed as the world currency and the euro will also become less relevant.

Who do you think will run out of dollars first? The west or Russian?

Basically your post is simply a long list of Czar Putin propaganda spreading pure lies. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

No it was not ignored. But the west was not actively involved in it. It was a small incursion of its territory and lets face it the border had not changed after years. Probably the biggest thing regarding the interest of the west was when Russian forces shot down an airliner. Something Czar Putin still denies but the rest of the world knows the truth.

Oh so its now up to Czar Putin do decide where the "red lines" are? The same man who claimed for weeks he was not going to invade the Ukraine?

Please give links as to where NATO had given any such promises.

Please look up the meaning of the word coup. What happened was a corrupt pro Russian President was overthrown by a democratically elected opponent. Now I know democracy is a bad thing for you but hey. Such is life.

And because Russia was sitting in the Crimea that was never going to happen.

Evidence for that? Oh yeah none.

Evidence for that prior to the invasion? Oh yeah none.

Really? You have evidence of US funded bioweapon labs on the Russian borders? Please provide it.

Well yeah of course you do. He could drown a kitten in a bucket of water live on RT and you would totally understand  his actions.

😂

No. The west will adapt. Prices may go up but its something the west can absorb because it has strong economies. Do tell me. How is the Russian economy doing? Ah yeah its on its arse. With no hope of recovery while the sanctions remain in place. 

Who do you think will run out of dollars first? The west or Russian?

Basically your post is simply a long list of Czar Putin propaganda spreading pure lies. 

Bosnia is in Europe so Europe/ Nato was involved to stop the massacre on the civillians.

1 hour ago, tonymoney said:

There's a thing called Google, you should try it, it's easy to use, believe me. But it's also American, so maybe not for you. If you know Russian, you can try Yandex btw

Google...............no, I think not. For obvious reasons. And I don't know Russian either.

5 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Once countries reduce down their dollar reserves it will be removed as the world currency and the euro will also become less relevant.

To be replaced by what? To be the reserve currency you need four things:

1) it must be traded internationally, and be easily convertible outside of the country

2) minor fluctuations in value must be of no matter to both the population and to it's government.

3) the currency must not be manipulated by the host country

4) the currency exchange rate must be free floating

The Yuan meets none of those requirements. The Yen only meets two of them. The Euro meets them all but after the EU confiscated bank deposits to pay for the Greek bailout, no one will ever trust them again. All other currencies that meet those requirements are from countries too small to matter. 

Do you understand why countries hold dollar reserves? To reduce their reserves causes them to enter into a catch 22 dilemma.  

• Thanks 1

Is the sanctions on Russia even working? They are almost going back to pre-sanction/pre-war exchange rates

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/31/ruble-recovery-russia-biden-sanctions-00021850

image.thumb.png.7baec4ec35b12a48fb27b26548c45e87.png

And now Putin (and his war machines) are getting fresh injections of Euros!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/germany-says-putin-backing-off-202540466.html

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, who discussed the issue in a call with Putin, said Thursday, “in any case, it remains the case that companies want to, can and will continue to pay in euros.”

Edited by Noble_Design
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

They are almost going back to pre-sanction/pre-war exchange rates

No access to stock exchange for private investors (only USD/Euro sale allowed for some), rates are kept at the expense of the National Welfare Fund, foreign investors are prohibited from withdrawing funds, rubles are not convertible. Can't buy dollars in cash neither. So, not really...

Edited by tonymoney

7 minutes ago, tonymoney said:

No access to stock exchange for private investors (only USD/Euro sale allowed for some), rates are kept at the expense of the National Welfare Fund, foreign investors are prohibited from withdrawing funds, rubles are not convertible. Can't buy dollars in cash neither. So, not really...

Can't the Russians just use other currencies to buy dollars? India is buying a lot of cheap oil from Russia so with that Russia can use rupees to convert to dollars or yuan to dollars

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/3/31/india-russia-explore-a-rupee-rouble-payment-scheme-to-bypass-war

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, tonymoney said:

Yes only short effects because of the restrictions and to put up the interest rates up to 20%. After this short affects he has no more meassures and it will dramatically go downwards. They are fighting already about sugar in the supermarkets. Inflationrate of prices are at 50% already.

• Like 2