News Forum - No pre-departure PCR test for travellers entering Thailand starting tomorrow

Thaiger

Doesnt make much difference to travellers over 74 years  , every Thai government site tells you to take AXA insurance if travelling to Thailand , but AXA will not sell cover to anyone over 74 years

On 4/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, TheDirtyDurian said:

That wasn't my experience when applying for my wife. No one stressed anything at VFS or afterwards.

Bottom line is. You got money to stay, you're welcome. That's the UK. 

Also disagree about track record. When you apply for 5 year or 10 year they will look at what you've done in the past, did you leave on time etc etc. 

They don't put it in writing but the reason staying the whole 6 months will count against you, and ask any agent who will confirm this, is if you've stated she has a job to go back to, they will question how anyone can get 6 months off work - ie you're probably lying. 

UK Immigration also told me that they consider each application on it's own merits, a flawless track record means nothing. I'm living proof of that. We had 4 perfect visa episodes, everything complied with, went back way before the 6 months, no issues at all. On the 5th, we had a torrid time at Heathrow who even separated us and took her to an interview room to be grilled which shocked us both. When she politely pointed out she had done this many times without issues it counted for nothing. They eventually let her through but it severely dented our perception that good people will be waved through. Infact we haven't done it since.

On 4/2/2022 at 4:00 PM, Marc26 said:

As TDD said, I do disagree with that

I think the track record does go a long way

1st couple of visas to Canada took a bit

Now my wife basically goes and gets whatever visa she needs in 2 weeks

Plus, we have used her track record for her son and Mom

Her 10 year US visa is expiring this year

And looks like she won't need to do an interview for the next visa 

When I apply for my wife, I include all her previous visas and I think that goes a long way 

I've never heard about the 6 months thing

But as stated before, Canada and US can be hard to get but once you get them, they don't really seem to care about your whereabouts or what you up to

I oncw called Immigration to notify we moved, they said they didn't need to know

I was talking about the UK

18 hours ago, artray said:

Doesnt make much difference to travellers over 74 years  , every Thai government site tells you to take AXA insurance if travelling to Thailand , but AXA will not sell cover to anyone over 74 years

You can get TGIA COVID insurance up to the age of 99. 

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

They don't put it in writing but the reason staying the whole 6 months will count against you, and ask any agent who will confirm this, is if you've stated she has a job to go back to, they will question how anyone can get 6 months off work - ie you're probably lying. 

UK Immigration also told me that they consider each application on it's own merits, a flawless track record means nothing. I'm living proof of that. We had 4 perfect visa episodes, everything complied with, went back way before the 6 months, no issues at all. On the 5th, we had a torrid time at Heathrow who even separated us and took her to an interview room to be grilled which shocked us both. When she politely pointed out she had done this many times without issues it counted for nothing. They eventually let her through but it severely dented our perception that good people will be waved through. Infact we haven't done it since.

My wife doesn't work so that wasn't ever an issue. 

And they may have told you they don't look at a track record that time but that is at the border, I was referring to the application process, where they most certainly do look at track record. 

Question:

Is this a scam?

Do they think we are all dumb?

99% of Airlines ask for a PCR test before travelling?

And like another contributor said !

Thailand will just cash in on people catching it and spending thousands in Insurance claims and wrecking their holidays?

Why would you risk getting the test in another country and then having to use your travel insurance?

Has the Government done a deal with the Insurance companies?

Like it does not cost 10,000 dollars to get a bed and have 3 meals a day?

Then get released with a bill of $10,000

Probably cost more like 250 to $300 dollars and they just add on 9,000 or so dollars and split the costs?

28 minutes ago, Grant said:

Question:

Is this a scam?

Thailand will just cash in on people catching it and spending thousands in Insurance claims and wrecking their holidays?

Why would you risk getting the test in another country and then having to use your travel insurance?

Probably cost more like 250 to $300 dollars and they just add on 9,000 or so dollars and split the costs?

Any evidence of ANY of that ?

9 hours ago, Grant said:

Question:

Is this a scam?

This forum is so absurd at times.......

• 2 weeks later...

the jabs are up to 4 and in another month 5 and so this shows they are really working

besides that the jabbed are getting convid - (please dont argue that it stops you dying as the CDC disagrees with you)

why is there no recognising that natural immunity plays a huge role in this sage - even Dr Fauci said if you have had the virus then you do not need a jab as your body has natural immunity

so why is this push to get more and more vaxed? ask Pfizer as they have 39 billion dollar reasons why

On 4/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, Grant said:

Question:

Is this a scam?

Agree with most of that Grant. You would be crazy to travel to a country that still has an arrival test (PCR or Antigen) without checking yourself before departure. Only one thing I would add, when I checked with both Qatar and Emirates, they both told me their policy regarding preflight is based entirely on the requirements of any transiting and arrival country. If the country don’t want it, the airlines don’t. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kbamfield said:

so why is this push to get more and more vaxed?

Simply to protect those who haven’t been vaccinated or had the virus. In addition, even following infection, after a period of time (6-12 months) your natural immunity wains, it makes sense at that point to get vaccinated. 

• Like 1