News Forum - Foreign man’s gold necklace stolen while filming video in Bangkok’s Asoke

Thaiger

On 3/31/2022 at 8:57 AM, TorontoJeff said:

I was walking down soi 4? in Pattaya, when a gaggle of lady boys came running over and swarmed me, hands everywhere.   Not being a green horn rookie, myself, I jammed my hands deep into both front pockets and kept them firmly there while pushing forward.   I never carry anything in my back pockets.  The only thing this guy hasn't had stolen is his dignity, but he just gave robbed himself off that by making the news.

this is why it's a good idea to get the man "purse" lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Manu said:

Interesting but just not what I personally live (and know then) every day here. Where did it go wrong for you and not for me? Genuinely interesting to know…

haha, ask any Thai and get the right answer mate.  There is a reason that the vast majority hide their gold at home.  Some people need to wise up. 

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

haha, ask any Thai and get the right answer mate.  There is a reason that the vast majority hide their gold at home.  Some people need to wise up. 

Just asked my partner (honestly did, just for fun). No clue whatsoever what I was on about. Well I guess, if you feel so bad in the "land of thiefs" according to you, I suggest you get back to your country where I am sure you can wear your gold everywhere safely. That sounds to me the only "wise"  thing to do.

11 minutes ago, Manu said:

Just asked my partner (honestly did, just for fun). No clue whatsoever what I was on about. Well I guess, if you feel so bad in the "land of thiefs" according to you, I suggest you get back to your country where I am sure you can wear your gold everywhere safely. That sounds to me the only "wise"  thing to do.

My g/f said the opposite, her comment, 'buy it but don't wear it'.  I'll end my comments there.  

9 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

My g/f said the opposite, her comment, 'buy it but don't wear it'. 

I wonder then when Thai people started to "buy gold but not wearing it"? 5 years? 10? 50? It seems to me difficult to know if it is safe or not to wear it if it never leaves home he he he...

I'll end my comments there.  

Yeah, another "wise" decision. Was great fun though. Cheers.

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dustin27 said:

this is why it's a good idea to get the man "purse" lol

Just needs the color to be pink.

Only been to Khaosan Road  once about 8 years ago. Got smothered by 3 very large, very black, African ladies. Fast for their size and even though I knew what was happening it really was a snatch and grab. Got about 3k Baht from my trouser pocket. Phone and hotel keycard in the other safe and sound. Lucky. Never beeen back.

Bad news was it was what was left of a stag weekend kitty. We only had enough change for a taxi back to the hotel (to get more money) and go back out, but not to Khaosan. Taxi driver took a bit of convinciing to take 5 of us.

Had a nice gold chain I bought from my reward for working the Y2K shift on a trip to Dubai. Got it stolen in a bar in Cambodia - all my fault as I fell asleep! The word on the street says it was a local ladyboy, but it could have been Micky Mouse for all I knew. Took me 2 days to notice it had gone.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Really?  I mean really? 

Yeah if I were walking around any area in Thailand besides RLD that have LB, the thought of being pickpocketed doesn't come to mind 

On 4/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, HolyCowCm said:

I really think it is the crazy gal who used to visit the old stadium. Kind of gave me the willies. But that gal had money and also exercised. If not then maybe she has a twin sister.

Yes I def got a vibe from her--as I try to be an equal oppty for all ladies that consider me hansum!

And sure I would have gotten a room for 100---was just spooked about being alone with her......555

But alas i trolled her as much as she did me--shes knows I KNOW --so she now ignores me.....(sobs)

I now cat call her and hassle her--just as she used to do to me-----can dish it out-but cant take it...