News Forum - Thailand PM Prayut says he ‘can’t please everyone’

Thaiger

Thailand’s prime minster said he’s done his best and “can’t please everyone.” He also said he’ll respect the whatever voters decide in the upcoming election, regardless of the outcome.  Speaking to the press at the Government House on Wednesday, PM Prayut Chan-o-chawith said… “I am trying to do my job to the best of my ability. Despite criticism and insults against me, I hold no grudge against anyone… I cannot please everyone, but I have to act for the benefit of most people. If I have a chance, I will carry on. If not, I will just go back home. That’s […]

The story Thailand PM Prayut says he ‘can’t please everyone’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Prayut admits he has done his best and that clearly isn’t good enough. Good luck with the move home! 

Edited by Fanta
  • Like 1

I’ve just read the article in the Bangkok Post. Every sentence he uttered is beyond words. I know some of the nuances are lost in translation, but even taking this in to account, it’s is such a juvenile, self serving attempt to have people feel sorry for him. 

This part is the most absurd comment where he says: 

41 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

I cannot please everyone, but I have to act for the benefit of most people.

REALLY, REALLY! Acting for the benefit of most people!  I can only conclude that the millions of people in the poverty trap are not worthy of him considering as people. 

The guy is in total denial of the facts and oblivious to what is going on in his own country. 

• Like 2

From what I’ve seen he really can’t please anyone but himself. As far as having the people’s welfare in mind, that’s a huge debate

• Like 1

Well, it seems he has pleased about 12% of the people, so yeah, it makes perfect sense to run again for PM. Got to keep those 12% pleased.

30 minutes ago, diegogg said:

Well, it seems he has pleased about 12% of the people, so yeah, it makes perfect sense to run again for PM. Got to keep those 12% pleased.

Yeah, only another 39% to go.......😃

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s prime minster said he’s done his best and “can’t please everyone.”

And now he can’t please himself 😉

Personally as I live here and i'm not thai, he doesnt bother me, thailand was largely the same before and after the coup from a foreigners perspective. .Thailand hasnt changed in the last 12 years.

If you look at most politicians around the world especially the current UK prime minister the prime minister of thailand is a huge improvement,

However he wasn't really elected and the last election he did sort of stitch it all up so they would still have a majority so perhaps its time for  a change

But remember another coup is very easy and we know what happens to protesters, or innocent bystanders (see the guy killed by the rubber bullet)

Let's see what happens next, but really its got nothing to do with foreigners, its not our country so leave it up to them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alex12345 said:

However he wasn't really elected and the last election he did sort of stitch it all up so they would still have a majority so perhaps its time for  a change

I think that’s the key point. There wasn’t any “really” about it. The guy wasn’t elected at all when he ripped up the constitution and installed himself as leader of the country. Then, as you say, he stitched up the process to heavily load the dice so he would be elected PM. How can you compare a man who has committed such criminal acts to Boris Johnston? 

1 hour ago, alex12345 said:

Let's see what happens next, but really its got nothing to do with foreigners, its not our country so leave it up to them

It may not have anything to do with foreigners in the sense we can’t influence it. But rest assured another 5-10 years of this guy could make life for foreigners living long term in Thailand a lot harder. A number of changes have take place around health insurance requirements and the amount of money in the bank or income required for long term stay. We may not be able to influence it, but it certainly could have a lot to do with us. 

9 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Don't compare with Santa Clause. Both are of different cause.

'Santa Clause' - is that some legal term that applies just once a year?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, alex12345 said:

Personally as I live here and i'm not thai, he doesnt bother me, thailand was largely the same before and after the coup from a foreigners perspective. .Thailand hasnt changed in the last 12 years.

You should perhaps leave the cave where you have been living the past 12 years, from time to time at least.