News Forum - Thailand takes number one spot as most searched destination on Agoda

Thaiger

Thailand is the most searched destination in the world for trips in the next six months, according to the travel search engine giant Agoda. Thailand has seen a 500% increase in searches on Agoda from January to March 2022. The top three incoming travellers to Thailand are from Japan (#1), the US (#2) and Singapore (#3).  Travelling into Thailand can seem daunting with the constantly changing entry requirements and extra paperwork. However, Agoda has tried to make the process smoother by integrating its booking data with the Thailand Pass platform. Thailand Pass requires incoming travellers to provide details of their […]

The story Thailand takes number one spot as most searched destination on Agoda as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

most searched

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

spike in interest

How many are backing away when they realize how many hoops there are?

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

How many are backing away when they realize how many hoops there are?

Exactly, The statistic has little to no value. The stat that matters, is the country with the most searches that end up as confirmed bookings. 

Agreed, it’s good that lots of people are looking, but are they booking, clearly not. It could well be that they would like to visit, but once they see all the hoops and paraphernalia thy have to deal with. They carry on searching.

I have said it before. People are like electricity. They choose the easiest route. That’s why the top two floors of the car park at the mall are the empty ones.

if you want people to come, end these ridiculous entry requirements now. You are clearly losing all the people that are searching or the headline would be completely different.

• Like 3

I look at Thai hotels in many destinations but have not booked anything yet, I was there in January will be travelling at Easter, I have not booked I am waiting until April 1, so I would look at hotels 5 or 6 times a week, every week. Like the other reader mentioned its only a number and not a confirmed booking

• Like 2

I do like the way you book a hotel with everything all included on Agoda. No need to arrange separate pick up or PCR etc. Means you know everything shows on the booking page, which makes the TP application easier. 

But searches mean nothing. Dubai, which is one city, averaged about 5 million visitors a year over 2021, and 22. Why? Because there are no stupid entry requirements, and there's been no massive outbreak of C19. 

I'm based in Saudi, don't even need a PCR to enter anymore, masks not needed outside. Vaccine uptake is nearly 100%. Life is back to normal and has been for a long time. Averaging 100 cases a day. Corona just isn't a thing anymore. 

Hopefully Thailand can get there soon. 

I'm arriving next week. Not looking forward to going back to wearing masks everywhere.